• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Long-term and short-term thinking

You are right it could be, however as we know players like to look for excuses when things go wrong and if they feel their manger is not bothered about certain comps then the excuse is already there.

Let’s be serious.
We did not lose that semi-final because”they feel their manager is not bothered”, we lost because one player had two poor lapses of concentration(ones some of us have seem saying happens too often) and the manager got his selections/subs wrong. He will be furious at himself. But to suggest he “doesn’t care” because he feeds the press some lines is jumping the shark big-time.

It is clear that in key matches, at key moments, we still get loose when certain players are on the ball. In fact, when we lead in tight games I always consider us vulnerable at the 20-25 minute mark and the 60-75 minute mark. Those are big areas for me:

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I wonder if something else has happened within the club, because our performances since the Chelsea win have taken a bit of a dive to be honest. We were lucky in that Stoke game. We weren't anywhere near as ruthless as we should have been and we gave them way more opportunities that we should have.

I'd be interested to know if the stuff about Levy's pay has had some sort of negative effect. Or if the players thought the job was done after the Chelsea win for the season. Either way, something doesn't feel quite right.

No.
I think all is OK...Harry is deff still not 100% IMO.
What I do think is that more than any other club we suffer from harassment of our players. Alli, now Kane (who is getting it across the board for essentially nothing). Alli gets walloped by Lampard for celebrating, yet nothing is said about Valencia’s potential straight-red. Where was VAR for that?

I want the players to turn their anger on the final four games, and let’s see how bog our supporter’s balls and hearts are. Anyone within a couple of hundred miles of Wembley next Monday night who has no prior engagements or encumbrances and does not go to the game and support this team and manager should have a careful word with themselves the next time they sling a hook!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Back