• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Long-term and short-term thinking

Yeah and they had just beaten the best team in the land the game previous, the game which actually had something riding on it - i know which is more telling going in to a cup semi final

Well clearly not according to the bookies
This isn’t spurs fans creating a book, it’s professional companies who do it for a living

Hey lap it up boys. It's confirmation from a neutral professional perspective of where we're at.

Not so long ago we'd be 4,5,6 to 1 to beat Man U in a fa Cup semi.

Well clearly not according to the bookies
This isn’t spurs fans creating a book, it’s professional companies who do it for a living

They base the odds on the money laid down. The odds say that more people put money on us than United, not that expert opinion considered us favourites.

They base the odds on the money laid down. The odds say that more people put money on us than United, not that expert opinion considered us favourites.

That works for horses where the odds move
Football has fixed odds given in advance
I’ve been to enough football betting events when they have talked about it as a difference
It’s why they push the Live market with advertising

But how do you win cups when you start off not taking them serious

Do we not? Poch reaction was dejection, that showed how much he cared. People have probably taken his comments about CL and League being more valuable wrong. They are factually more important but he has never said the cups are not important on their own merit

I think we will need to make the following changes in the Summer

Right backs - Trippier shouldn't be first choice, Aurier should be sold - We need to buy an attacking right back similar to walker
Left Backs - Rose will either be sold or even better if he can stay injury free and get his form back. Davies a good understudy but we need better if rose goes

centre backs - we really need to keep toby, why waste resources on finding someone when we have one of the best already.

Centre Mid - I feel we need better quality than Dier, a great squad player but I think he just lacks something.
Dembele is great but is he actually fit? we need a special player in there. Someone like Modric

front 3- think we lack that bit extra, would love Zaha but I have a feeling we were hoping Moura could do a similar job, time will tell

Strikers - def need someone better than Llorente, someone with pace and is different to Kane

Do we not? Poch reaction was dejection, that showed how much he cared. People have probably taken his comments about CL and League being more valuable wrong. They are factually more important but he has never said the cups are not important on their own merit

You cannot start a competition by belittling them. Doesn’t matter what the comp is you take it serious or just don’t compete

I think we will need to make the following changes in the Summer

Right backs - Trippier shouldn't be first choice, Aurier should be sold - We need to buy an attacking right back similar to walker
Left Backs - Rose will either be sold or even better if he can stay injury free and get his form back. Davies a good understudy but we need better if rose goes

centre backs - we really need to keep toby, why waste resources on finding someone when we have one of the best already.

Centre Mid - I feel we need better quality than Dier, a great squad player but I think he just lacks something.
Dembele is great but is he actually fit? we need a special player in there. Someone like Modric

front 3- think we lack that bit extra, would love Zaha but I have a feeling we were hoping Moura could do a similar job, time will tell

Strikers - def need someone better than Llorente, someone with pace and is different to Kane

In principle I agree but it’s a WC year and that has a huge impact on transfers

I’d rather have players who get how we play and are up to speed first and foremost

You cannot start a competition by belittling them. Doesn’t matter what the comp is you take it serious or just don’t compete

Hmm not sure, been alot of managers over the years that have used reverse mentality on the whole of football in order to win. Could throw up hundred of examples

Could be argued it's an attempt to take the mounting 'have to win a trophy' pressure off the players

You are right it could be, however as we know players like to look for excuses when things go wrong and if they feel their manger is not bothered about certain comps then the excuse is already there.

You are right it could be, however as we know players like to look for excuses when things go wrong and if they feel their manger is not bothered about certain comps then the excuse is already there.

If it was said as a deflection techniqie im sure his actions on a day to day basis on the training and through player interactions would leave the players fully aware of his real desires?

If it was said as a deflection techniqie im sure his actions on a day to day basis on the training and through player interactions would leave the players fully aware of his real desires?

Maybe, but that is guesswork for us as fans so who knows.

Maybe, but that is guesswork for us as fans so who knows.

Guesswork in that we don't know if it was said that way but im pretty confident that players don't rely on pre match press conferences to have an idea of what the manager really thinks about things...

Guesswork in that we don't know if it was said that way but im pretty confident that players don't rely on pre match press conferences to have an idea of what the manager really thinks about things...

Seeing your managers comments about cup competitions plastered all over the media again and again is not the way t do it. IF he is telling the players different in training then why does he need/want to keep saying these comments to the press.

I have heard some say he does it to take pressure of the players, well if he is telling ( as you seem to be suggesting?) players his real feelings in training he would have no need to say anything to keep the pressure of his players.

Back