• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRECISELY for that reason! They're used to girls throwing themselves at them. They get anything they want. A girl says no? That's like throwing a red rag to a bull.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about power. The men who commit such crimes usually do it because they feel entitled to do it.

ok i dont tknow the full details of the case, but what if the girl consented to the whole event but afterwards decided to invent the whole rape charge.

ok i dont tknow the full details of the case, but what if the girl consented to the whole event but afterwards decided to invent the whole rape charge.

That's something often brought up in these scenarios. Fact is, the police see enough real cases to know when a girl is lying and when a girl isn't. It's certainly happened in the past, but it's not a regular occurrence that's for sure - not nearly enough to warrant the number of times I see it as a potential excuse in rape cases.

That's something often brought up in these scenarios. Fact is, the police see enough real cases to know when a girl is lying and when a girl isn't. It's certainly happened in the past, but it's not a regular occurrence that's for sure - not nearly enough to warrant the number of times I see it as a potential excuse in rape cases.
so in this case the police fully investigated the whole event and decided there wasnt enough evidence to press charges against Remy and the other two men and the case was dropped. Surely Remy shouldnt be tarnished forever with the whole sorry episode?

so in this case the police fully investigated the whole event and decided there wasnt enough evidence to press charges against Remy and the other two men and the case was dropped. Surely Remy shouldnt be tarnished forever with the whole sorry episode?

Just my personal opinion.

He would be better backup for Ade than Soldado imo, in terms of the attributes he brings to the table.

Although I'm happy for us to give Soldado a chance to prove his worth. That goes for all of the signings we made last summer.

Generally poor game today, but he ran until the end and has pace, always useful as option, couldn't see him as a Pl starter.

I have no idea whether he did it or not. I am just taking issue with people saying that he was found innocent, he wasn't, the charges were dropped. There is a difference between all of the evidence being presented in court and someone being found innocent and a case being dropped through lack of evidence, particularly when someone is charged with an offence where getting sufficient evidence to prosecute is notoriously difficult. But of course, I agree with the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

This might be pedantic, but courts do not find people innocent - they either find people guilty or not guilty. Not guilty is not the same as innocent.

When the police drop a case, from what I know at least, it's because they feel that the evidence presented is not strong enough to get a guilty verdict. That means that the evidence is usually weaker than if the police do decide to go to court and the defendant is then found not guilty.

not for soldado, maybe for ade, but it would only be a lateral move

Would be a very strange move, particularly as it seems very likely that Poch still likes having a tall and strong striker in his team most of the time. Replacing Ade with Remy would severely limit our options for physicality up front and essentially put us back where we were last season under AVB in that regard.

This might be pedantic, but courts do not find people innocent - they either find people guilty or not guilty. Not guilty is not the same as innocent.

When the police drop a case, from what I know at least, it's because they feel that the evidence presented is not strong enough to get a guilty verdict. That means that the evidence is usually weaker than if the police do decide to go to court and the defendant is then found not guilty.

It may well be that the courts do not find people innocent. But the law holds them to be so unless they are proven to be guilty.

The Police don't drop a case, the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) are the ones that decide whether it is worth going to trial.

To consider this they consider whether the evidence is strong enough to make a trial worthwhile (i.e. there is a chance of conviction) and whether it is in the public interest to prosecute (this can have a number of different considerations).

There is a problem with sexual assault and rape cases, in that they're often reported late (where physical evidence has either been extinguished or contaminated) and often involve a very nervous (and therefore unconvincing) victim versus a calm and calculated (and therefore more convincing) rapist/assaulter.

You'd be shocked at the percentage of reported sexual assaults/rapes reported to the Police that end up in A) arrest and B) charges being brought

The Police don't drop a case, the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) are the ones that decide whether it is worth going to trial.

To consider this they consider whether the evidence is strong enough to make a trial worthwhile (i.e. there is a chance of conviction) and whether it is in the public interest to prosecute (this can have a number of different considerations).

There is a problem with sexual assault and rape cases, in that they're often reported late (where physical evidence has either been extinguished or contaminated) and often involve a very nervous (and therefore unconvincing) victim versus a calm and calculated (and therefore more convincing) rapist/assaulter.

You'd be shocked at the percentage of reported sexual assaults/rapes reported to the Police that end up in A) arrest and B) charges being brought

I get that, but even still, you have a situation where a man has been accused of a heinous crime, yet not enough evidence exists to prove he did it. They could either:

- take it to trial, and he'll be found not guilty; or
- have it withdrawn

They took the second option, which in the eyes of some means something more sinister, as in the door is still ajar. The door is not ajar in the justice society we live in. It was pried open, then slammed shut.

For me the question is could Poch get more out of him than Harry? I'm not sure.
It's not so much about the manager, more about the team! Every player gets better with better players around you, and that'll be the case with Remy also. Remy at QPR and Remy at us would be two totally different things! At QPR he's got to do almost everything by himself. It would be completely different if he played for us.

I get that, but even still, you have a situation where a man has been accused of a heinous crime, yet not enough evidence exists to prove he did it. They could either:

- take it to trial, and he'll be found not guilty; or
- have it withdrawn

They took the second option, which in the eyes of some means something more sinister, as in the door is still ajar. The door is not ajar in the justice society we live in. It was pried open, then slammed shut.

If they take it to trial and lose. They've spend resources on it and their stats will take a hit. Some guy making the decision is being judged on successful prosecution stats and that's all he cares about not justice.

Anyway there's not enough evidence he's a good enough player. All he seems capable of is dribbling and shooting. Dont think's he'd be a better option than Ade, Wellbeck or Soldado upfront. And I cant see him being able to link up behind a striker.

It's definitely popcorn time with this one; just about to sit back and see who out of Chelski and Arsenal Remy ends up signing for eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back