• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a team that play on the break. Remy would be pretty blunt against the teams that defend deep against us. Soldado's movement and link-up play is much more effective in the type of games we play.

I do understand this viewpoint. It's the reason Darren Bent flopped here when he scored a lot of goals at Charlton.

But - I do think Remy has more technical ability than Bent. He has shown an ability to not only run quickly without the ball, but with it too. He can work a bit of space for a shot. He has proven his ability to finish with both feet and his head. Even then, you always get opportunities to play on the break even playing for a big team - how many goals did Thierry Henry score for Arsenal on the counter attack? There will always be moments in games when the opposition defenders push forward and leave a bit of space, especially if we take the lead, and I personally really like the idea of a very fast front line with Remy, Lamela, Lennon, Townsend etc ripping teams to shreds.

A player who scored more goals than Kane and Soldado put together last season, available for less than Ross McCormack and Shane Long? Unless any of you have a better player in mind within our budget that wants to come to Spurs, I see no reason not too.

Edit - unless he did fail a medical/actually rape someone. In which case heeeeeeell no.

He wasn't found innocent - and knowing first hand the amount of evidence required to get a conviction and the numerous reasons why someone who is quite cleary guilty can walk away scott free an even slight chance of it being true is enough for me to pass him over

He wasn't found innocent - and knowing first hand the amount of evidence required to get a conviction and the numerous reasons why someone who is quite cleary guilty can walk away scott free an even slight chance of it being true is enough for me to pass him over

Agreed. That is what I was trying to highlight earlier when I said that he hadn't been found guilty.

Agreed. That is what I was trying to highlight earlier when I said that he hadn't been found guilty.

So if someone is accused of rape but it doesn't go to court, then according to the law of Glory Glory, they did it?

Is that true in all cases, or just coz its a footballer and they all seem a bit rapey?

So if someone is accused of rape but it doesn't go to court, then according to the law of Glory Glory, they did it?

Is that true in all cases, or just coz its a footballer and they all seem a bit rapey?
I didn't say that.

Sadly, there is a very low rate of successful prosecution of sexual offences in this country because often it comes down to one person's word against another.

I do not know the ins and outs of this case but it appears that the case was dropped by the police, presumably because of lack of evidence.

That does not mean that he did it but similarly, it does not mean that he was innocent.

In the eyes of the law it does mean he's innocent.

If I said right now that you raped my girlfriend, and told the police.

They find zero evidence.

You're free to go.

Are you still guilty? Or innocent?

Would you be okay with people thinking you're a rapist?

I didn't say that.

Sadly, there is a very low rate of successful prosecution of sexual offences in this country because often it comes down to one person's word against another.

I do not know the ins and outs of this case but it appears that the case was dropped by the police, presumably because of lack of evidence.

That does not mean that he did it but similarly, it does not mean that he was innocent.

Surely you presume that someone is innocent though? Particularly when you don't know the ins and outs of the case.

Just to add, I don't have a particular bee in my bonnet about any of this, just playing devils advocate really. And Remy would be a good addition imo.

They find zero evidence.

You're free to go.

I have no idea whether he did it or not. I am just taking issue with people saying that he was found innocent, he wasn't, the charges were dropped. There is a difference between all of the evidence being presented in court and someone being found innocent and a case being dropped through lack of evidence, particularly when someone is charged with an offence where getting sufficient evidence to prosecute is notoriously difficult. But of course, I agree with the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

How would you feel if you were wrongly accused, found innocent, then denied work elsewhere because of it?

Disgusting attitude to have.

I agree with you mate and although I often rally against employment law and that sort of thing I am pretty sure it would be against the law to victimise someone when they have not been found guilty of a crime but were just accused.

If he had been found guilty then of course go no where near him but the guy was never convicted. Personally I want a silky hold up type of striker in the Berbatov mould. Do not know who that is but I have seen us linked with a young guy at Monaco and someone in Spain. If I trusted our scouts and after Paulinho and Soldado I do not fully. But lets go for someone who suits our style rather then someone who scored a few goals in our league.

They find zero evidence.

You're free to go.

He probably wouldn't be charged in the first place though just on your word. There presumably was something more to the situation for a charge to actually be brought but then the CPS or whoever looked at the whole bag of evidence and thought it wasn't enough to convict. Doesn't make him guilty and by law he is innocent but also suggests to me that there was an issue of some sort.

Doesn't make a difference to my opinion - short term he would be an answer for this season but don't think he is the top top striker we need if we want more than 5th.

I have no idea whether he did it or not. I am just taking issue with people saying that he was found innocent, he wasn't, the charges were dropped. There is a difference between all of the evidence being presented in court and someone being found innocent and a case being dropped through lack of evidence, particularly when someone is charged with an offence where getting sufficient evidence to prosecute is notoriously difficult. But of course, I agree with the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

You are right - there is a big difference between an accusation not going to court and being acquitted at trial. The difference is that the one on trial has much more evidence indicating a case to answer and the ones which don't go to court are dropped because it is evident to an expert (CPS, police, whoever) that there is little chance of a conviction.

I don't know the first thing about this case .
But it seems to me a footballer in his best age who earns millions can get any girl he wants. Why rape someone ?

I also think there is a lot of golddiggers out there who tries to sleep with famous rich footballers, in hope to get pregnant (for money or force a realtionship) or famous , or somehow exploit the situation .

Again I don't know anything about this case, I'm just saying ......

I don't know the first thing about this case .
But it seems to me a footballer in his best age who earns millions can get any girl he wants. Why rape someone ?

PRECISELY for that reason! They're used to girls throwing themselves at them. They get anything they want. A girl says no? That's like throwing a red rag to a bull.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about power. The men who commit such crimes usually do it because they feel entitled to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back