• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LutonSpurs

Eric Dear
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...greeing-tottenham-deal?CMPID=TWUK_140610_Remy

The France international has agreed a deal in principle to join Mauricio Pochettino's side but will delay its completion in case Spurs' rivals make a move after the World Cup
EXCLUSIVE
By Greg Stobart

Tottenham are ready to pay the £9 million buyout clause to sign Loic Remy from QPR but the striker is holding out for the possibility of a move to Arsenal after the World Cup.

Spurs want to sign Remy to strengthen the attacking options for new manager Mauricio Pochettino and extensive talks have taken place over a deal to bring the 27-year-old to White Hart Lane.

Tottenham are long-term admirers of Remy and are confident of signing him on a four-year contract after the World Cup in Brazil, where he is part of the 23-man France squad.

They tried a number of times to sign Remy under Harry Redknapp and the versatile forward is highly rated by scout Ian Broomfield, who returned to Spurs earlier this year from QPR.

Remy wants to play for a club in the Champions League next season but has been impressed by Tottenham’s ambition and considers the north Londoners a leading Premier League club.

But while he is open to a move to Tottenham, Remy would prefer to wait to establish the extent of the interest from their neighbours, Arsenal.

The Gunners have previously linked with Remy and the former Marseille man was pictured watching their final home game of the season against West Brom in May.

Remy signed for QPR for £8m in 2013 and is almost certain to leave this summer following an impressive campaign on loan at Saudi Sportswashing Machine last term, where he scored 14 Premier League goals.

The France international has agreed a deal in principle to join Mauricio Pochettino's side but will delay its completion in case Spurs' rivals make a move after the World Cup

EXCLUSIVE
By Greg Stobart

Tottenham are ready to pay the £9 million buyout clause to sign Loic Remy from QPR but the striker is holding out for the possibility of a move to Arsenal after the World Cup.

Spurs want to sign Remy to strengthen the attacking options for new manager Mauricio Pochettino and extensive talks have taken place over a deal to bring the 27-year-old to White Hart Lane.

They tried a number of times to sign Remy under Harry Redknapp and the versatile forward is highly rated by scout Ian Broomfield, who returned to Spurs earlier this year from QPR.

Remy wants to play for a club in the Champions League next season but has been impressed by Tottenham’s ambition and considers the north Londoners a leading Premier League club.

But while he is open to a move to Tottenham, Remy would prefer to wait to establish the extent of the interest from their neighbours, Arsenal.

The Gunners have previously linked with Remy and the former Marseille man was pictured watching their final home game of the season against West Brom in May.

Remy signed for QPR for £8m in 2013 and is almost certain to leave this summer following an impressive campaign on loan at Saudi Sportswashing Machine last term, where he scored 14 Premier League goals.

For £9m he'd be a great signing IMO. Pace, good finisher, scored one in two for poor QPR and Saudi Sportswashing Machine sides, gives us an alternative option of someone to play off the shoulder of the last defender if Ade is dropping deep, or perhaps to play as a right sided forward. If we'd coughed up the cash and signed him in January 2012 instead of Saha I've little doubt we'd have finished in the top 3 and not have to go through the heartbreak of Chelsea winning the Champions League, potentially even keeping Modric a little longer.

Stobart is one of the more reliable journos when it comes to Spurs. It's clear that Remy would prefer a move to the scum. But would be great if we could get him. Think we should put an early deadline in place for him to make a decision or we move on to other targets.

Re: General Transfer Discussion Thread

Not sure Remy is a big enough fish to blatantly tell us we are second choice and wait to see if he has other offers.

Now the piece about waiting on Arsenal may be BS but if true we shouldn't be looking at him if its clear we'd be 2nd choice. I'd much prefer someone committed to the club rather than having half an eye on the door.

Mentioned in the transfer thread, don't really believe the statement.

Remy is not a big enough name to tell Spurs we are so much second choice and have us actually sit and wait for weeks on if he has other offers.

Mentioned in the transfer thread, don't really believe the statement.

Remy is not a big enough name to tell Spurs we are so much second choice and have us actually sit and wait for weeks on if he has other offers.

This. Counter with a deadline, and if it passes, move on.

Now the piece about waiting on Arsenal may be BS but if true we shouldn't be looking at him if its clear we'd be 2nd choice. I'd much prefer someone committed to the club rather than having half an eye on the door.

So we should never go in for top players then? Because any top player's first choice isnt going to be Spurs unfortunately.....

The second choice to Arsenal thing is horrid. Rather not have a player in this scenario.

More than likely it isn't true. We have probably triggered his release clause and he has said he will consider us unless a champions league team comes in for him.

So we should never go in for top players then? Because any top player's first choice isnt going to be Spurs unfortunately.....

Remy is not a top player of the caliber that we could/should accept being a blatant second choice.

a. He's not a top player, if he were he wouldn't be at QPR and been on loan to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
b. I never said we shouldn't go for top players.
c. The whole point I was making was if a player says "you're 2nd choice" I wouldn't buy him as its clear he doesn't want to come.

Think Remy is about on par with Podolski in terms of ability and don't know if that would make sense to play him on the right in their front 3. I honestly don't think he's good enough to get into their 11 or would be an improvement on 1-2 of their attacking options coming off the bench.

Podolski - Giroud - Remy ?

As for with us surely I would think this would signal the end of somebody's time here whether it be Soldado, Ade, or Kane. Could honestly see this happening in this window and J-Rod in the January window leaving us with Remy, J-Rod, Kane a group who are much more mobile/younger and could potentially play to the Poch's preferred style.

FFS, the guy has no loyalty to Spurs or Arsenal, he's not a scum fan, its just he's probably looked at it and he wants to play in the CL if possible. He likes Spurs, but knows Arsenal have at least shown an interest in him possibly as well as other CL clubs, so he's going to wait to see if a better offer comes in before committing to Spurs, as ideally he'd like to play in the CL.

What's so wrong with that? Yeah, its not nice to be told that your biggest rivals are in a better position than you, but that's been the case since the mid 90's so nothing new. What are we going to do, say we'll never sign Remy because he'd have preferred a move to Arsenal?

If we're being honest, 99.9% of players with the same offer on the table from Spurs & Arsenal are going to pick Arsenal at this moment in time, they're in the CL, pay bigger wages, have won more trophies, play in a massive newish stadium and their manager is a French legend (when talking about Remy going there).

The only time I think a player has said he turned down Arsenal for us is Vertonghen, but that's not because he thought we were a better club, its because Wenger wanted to convert him into a central midfielder and Vertonghen didn't want to play there.

Its not so much the fact he said Arsenal, it could've been any team, but that he considers signing for us as his 2nd choice.

The second choice to Arsenal thing is horrid. Rather not have a player in this scenario.

Remy is not a top player of the caliber that we could/should accept being a blatant second choice.

FFS. Wake up you lot. If we were to only pick players who had us as their first choice then our team would consist of just Andros Townsend, Harry Kane and Tom Carroll right now. Newsflash - ANY foreign player would rather play for Arsenal if the offer was given, unless there's exceptional circumstances like with Vertonghen where they tell him they'll play him in midfield. There is no loyalty in football, especially not from foreign players to an adopted club in an adopted league.

That doesn't mean that a player can't show commitment and passion when wearing our shirt and deliver top quality performances. Berbatov in 2007 and Modric in 2011 both quite publically wanted to leave, but still spent the following seasons being one of the best players in the country. Our 5th highest goalscorer of all time was a boyhood Arsenal fan who came to us from West Ham. There is a statue of a man outside the Emirates Stadium who admitted he was a Spurs fan as a kid.

In some cases, the player rejected by a team could be extra determined to make a point that they were wrong to do so. Always good to have a player with a bone to pick with our rivals isn't it?

Regardless of whether or not he sees us as second choice, I have no interest in signing him. Overrated, inconsistent and all too often injured.

He's not what we need. Even if he was, we could do better.

- Terrible injury record
- Rape allegations surrounding him
- Plays very much with his head down
- Not young either

So a no for me. Stick with Ade and Soldado

Perhaps seen as a cheaper option to Jay Rodriguez? Can play several positions in a front 3/4 and will probably get some goals. PL proven and experienced.

Not top of my wishlist as I'm not sure we get to play to his strengths, but wouldn't be unhappy if we did sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back