• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Lightweight' Luka

Man, everyone loses a runner once in a while - which if I remember correctly is what Modric occasionally got caught doing and got criticized for while playing for us.

Who are you comparing him to defensively? Sandro and Parker, or players more suited to a comparison with Modric? Who are these playmakers that were better than him at defending?

You could trust Modric to make that run back to defend every single time. I never noticed Modric standing around in the opposing half while they attacked. He got back, into his position to help the team defend. He made that run, he was dependable.

You could trust Modric to not shirk out of a tackle. He would close down, he would try to win the ball. I actually really liked the way he would hunch down as players approached him with the ball. He was like a cat looking to pounce.

You could trust Modric to generally defend intelligently. He wouldn't go steaming out of position, he wouldn't make silly mistakes by leaving massive gaps.

For a player like him that's really all I could ever ask defensively. And to me it goes a long way. And it's a lot more than you can say about some of our other players, then and now, including Bale, Eriksen, Townsend VdV, Kranjcar, Paulinho (so far), Sigurdsson etc.

In addition to those he was quick footed, often managed to nip in and win the ball. He was strong for his size and had a fantastic balance meaning that he often got out of duels with the ball.

=D>

Another of his underrated qualities in my opinion was his interceptions. It felt like he knew what pass the opposing player was going to make before they did themselves.

Man, everyone loses a runner once in a while - which if I remember correctly is what Modric occasionally got caught doing and got criticized for while playing for us.

Who are you comparing him to defensively? Sandro and Parker, or players more suited to a comparison with Modric? Who are these playmakers that were better than him at defending?

You could trust Modric to make that run back to defend every single time. I never noticed Modric standing around in the opposing half while they attacked. He got back, into his position to help the team defend. He made that run, he was dependable.

You could trust Modric to not shirk out of a tackle. He would close down, he would try to win the ball. I actually really liked the way he would hunch down as players approached him with the ball. He was like a cat looking to pounce.

You could trust Modric to generally defend intelligently. He wouldn't go steaming out of position, he wouldn't make silly mistakes by leaving massive gaps.

For a player like him that's really all I could ever ask defensively. And to me it goes a long way. And it's a lot more than you can say about some of our other players, then and now, including Bale, Eriksen, Townsend VdV, Kranjcar, Paulinho (so far), Sigurdsson etc.

In addition to those he was quick footed, often managed to nip in and win the ball. He was strong for his size and had a fantastic balance meaning that he often got out of duels with the ball.

That's just not true -- and this is why I say he is over-rated, because people make him out to be some sort of infalible GHod. He's a very good player, technically superb and he has improved after taking a season to settle at Madrid. I woiuld say I watched 99% of his games with us, both live and on TV/stream, and I stand by my comments on him with regards his tracking back. Is he beyond reproach? Are you his dad? :lol:

I will agree to disagree, I can't be bothered to go around in circles.

Luka Modric has now won 3 trophies with Real Madrid.#HalaMadrid*pic.twitter.com/ijdNKdSOpv
BocLSylIgAA61lf.jpg

BociUTPIcAAcd3I.jpg

And why should we give a ****? If Hossam Ghaly had won the European Cup would any of us care? I can see why people still have affection for players like Freund, Ginola and Defoe as they left the club on good terms and still to this day speak in glowing terms about the club.

And why should we give a ****? If Hossam Ghaly had won the European Cup would any of us care? I can see why people still have affection for players like Freund, Ginola and Defoe as they left the club on good terms and still to this day speak in glowing terms about the club.

No one is saying that you should give a ****.

Well don't then mate.

A similar photo was taken after the Copa Del Rey. Obviously it's set up so the 2 old Spurs boys are shown celebrating together.

Question is, do you think its done in a good-natured way, so that us Spurs fans can feel proud of our boys.

Or, is it taking the **** - here, take a photo of Luka & Gareth and show the Spurs fans how great it is to leave your club.

A similar photo was taken after the Copa Del Rey. Obviously it's set up so the 2 old Spurs boys are shown celebrating together.

Question is, do you think its done in a good-natured way, so that us Spurs fans can feel proud of our boys.

Or, is it taking the **** - here, take a photo of Luka & Gareth and show the Spurs fans how great it is to leave your club.

What?
:special::special::special:
You are joking, right?
(BTW don't worry, I have many :special:eek:f my own, so you'd be in good company!)

Not really. How does that photo come about? It's staged, so someone has said lets get Luka & Gareth together.

On first impression it would just be an opportunistic snap as there may be some interest in seeing them together as being old Spurs boys.

Is it common? I can't say I've noticed it before, I don't remember pics of Carrick and Berbatov together when Man U won things. Are there pics of Lampard and Cole together when they win things for the West Ham fans??

When you think about it, it's odd. That's why I'm asking. Are the intentions of the person getting the two of them together and taking the photo to highlight that it's 2 players who have made a step up.

Or ask yourself this - if when we win a trophy next season, will there be a photo of the two Kyle's together for the benefit of Sheff Utd supporters, or did we do this for Dawson/Jenas when we won the league cup with them?? (We still had those 2 players right?)

I just find the whole affair a little belittling.

Not really. How does that photo come about? It's staged, so someone has said lets get Luka & Gareth together.

On first impression it would just be an opportunistic snap as there may be some interest in seeing them together as being old Spurs boys.

Is it common? I can't say I've noticed it before, I don't remember pics of Carrick and Berbatov together when Man U won things. Are there pics of Lampard and Cole together when they win things for the West Ham fans??

When you think about it, it's odd. That's why I'm asking. Are the intentions of the person getting the two of them together and taking the photo to highlight that it's 2 players who have made a step up.

Or ask yourself this - if when we win a trophy next season, will there be a photo of the two Kyle's together for the benefit of Sheff Utd supporters, or did we do this for Dawson/Jenas when we won the league cup with them?? (We still had those 2 players right?)

I just find the whole affair a little belittling.

If we win a trophy next season with the two Kyles on the side, I'd want a photo to prove it happened. And I hope to GHod someone has taken a photo of Daw & JJ together from 2008 to prove they won a trophy playing in the same side for us, because now you've said it, I find it extraordinary!

I think it's more likely that Bale and Modric are just mates, they seem to celebrate a lot of goals together as well.

I doubt anyone at Madrid can remember the name of that place in England they came from.

Back