• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy's Plan

Surprised to see people say they wouldn’t be bothered if the likes or Eriksen and Son weren’t here anymore considering they are arguably two of our most consistent attacking players of the last decade. Certainly two of our best attacking midfielders.

Surprised to see people say they wouldn’t be bothered if the likes or Eriksen and Son weren’t here anymore considering they are arguably two of our most consistent attacking players of the last decade. Certainly two of our best attacking midfielders.

I love Eriksen, but if he does not sign a new contract we have to sell him in the summer whether we want to or not.

So looking at just one aspect of all that....the cost of borrowing/repaying the capital cost. Using his figures of a 25 year period paying some capital down and the annual interest cost totalling £48m approx pa, could you not conclude that a decent shirt deal could cover this ie £48m a year up from £30m a year but still below Chelsea s £60m a year......leaving TV, matchday revenue, merchandise, prize money, naming rights, nfl, concerts and events etc all available (for shiny toys:))??

Thats pretty much what I thought.

If we got 40-50m from Nike, not ground breaking but enough to cover the debt.

And thats before any naming rights deal, which was always intended to take a big chunk off the top.

Thats pretty much what I thought.

If we got 40-50m from Nike, not ground breaking but enough to cover the debt.

And thats before any naming rights deal, which was always intended to take a big chunk off the top.
When you think of it, it's bizarre that just a shirt deal could pay off your state of the art stadium.

Are naming right and shirt deals performance related.?..as a 15 year deal and then you do a Sunderland for example is a bit pony (pun intended)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...pur-stadium-redevelopment-haringey-neighbours

Interesting piece here about High Road West. Not anti-Spurs enough to go in the clickbait thread - although the Guardian’s prissiness about development, offshore registration and regeneration shines through - and not really about the stadium, so I guess it goes here. And nothing very new, probably, to people who have been following all this. Personally, I hadn’t realised quite how exposed Levy was to political machinations in Haringey and how much he owned on the other side of the High Road.

It’s one argument against an early exit: a US entrepreneur might understand the NFL + EPL opportunity, but it would be a stretch for someone like that to want to haggle with local authorities about the exact meaning of weird English concepts such as affordability and consultation.

Back