• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lescott

Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats what he is wanting then we are best staying away. I would have liked to have at least taken him on loan,but not for that wage.

It's hardly surising that he would want that wage. But if he comes for free then it makes it viable to a certain extent. That said it seems our crisis may have abated. Jan is almost back and Kaboul is in training. So its better we ride out the next 10 days or so and see where we are. I woudl prefer to have Joleon that Dawson in the side and im unsure that Younes can regain his form ( I hope so though ).

It's hardly surising that he would want that wage. But if he comes for free then it makes it viable to a certain extent. That said it seems our crisis may have abated. Jan is almost back and Kaboul is in training. So its better we ride out the next 10 days or so and see where we are. I woudl prefer to have Joleon that Dawson in the side and im unsure that Younes can regain his form ( I hope so though ).

I fear that Kaboul will forever be "back in training" or "back in contention" before breaking down again and spending another few months on the sidelines. While I think Kaboul is a decent centre half I just don't think we can afford to have a player in our 25 man squad who is only available for about 10 games a season. If West Ham do end up getting Lescott then I wouldn't mind seeing us have a go at getting Winston Reid in to replace Kaboul either in January or this Summer.

free signing you could see it happen not his biggest fan but you could see Levy sanction a bid for him and a.cole on frees. Wages would be a lot but no transfer fee and they no the league.

Basically we will be signing who ever levy wants and it could well be one of these two.

free signing you could see it happen not his biggest fan but you could see Levy sanction a bid for him and a.cole on frees. Wages would be a lot but no transfer fee and they no the league.

Basically we will be signing who ever levy wants and it could well be one of these two.

Levy likes potential, cheap players and low wages it seem to me. Cole and Lescott would be free, but no potential for future development and big wages like you say.

I think most of the players we've signed in that category like Gallas and Parker along with the attempt to sign Joe Cole happened when the manager wanted those players and convinced Levy to try to get them.

If Baldini or the manager thinks that bringing in players that know the league is important (I think they should) I could see them convincing Levy about it. But I really doubt Levy will go for those himself.

Cole has been very good and consistent for clubs & country, but is now reaching the tail end of his career.

Lescott has been very good in patches, and has years left.

Neither are likely to be selected for England again, and injuries will play a bigger part in their lives so that's just as well.

So, if they want profile, they either try and get silly wages forever (and oligarchs are signing younger players nowadays), or join a club that will treasure them and pay them decent wages. The choice could be such as us (or in our 'position'), or follow Jermaine out to the US/Canadian money wells.

Joleon Lescott has confirmed that he is set to leave Emirates Marketing Project after winning every domestic honour with the club and fired a parting shot, saying: 'Not bad for a money grabber!'

The England defender is still hurt at how he was portrayed when he joined City from Everton for £22million in August 2009, with furious Everton fans claiming that a £100,000-a-week salary was his only motivation.

But after winning his second Premier League title on Sunday, Lescott believes he has been vindicated after reaching the end of his five-year contract.

The 31-year-old almost joined West Ham in the January transfer window and has been in talks with Turkish club Besiktas as he weighs up his next move.

‘Now I’m going to see what’s best for me and my family and then make a decision. I’ve spoken to a number of clubs in different countries but there’s been no decision made. I want to get it sorted soon. I don’t want to leave it until after the World Cup but at the same time I won’t rush.

‘I won't go anywhere that I'll win more trophies than I do here. It will be a different mindset wherever I go. They’ll have goals and ambitions. Now I’ll just go and enjoy playing some games.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2627595/Joleon-Lescott-confirms-Manchester-City-exit-firing-parting-shot-Everton-fans.html

Joleon Lescott has confirmed that he is set to leave Emirates Marketing Project after winning every domestic honour with the club and fired a parting shot, saying: 'Not bad for a money grabber!'

The England defender is still hurt at how he was portrayed when he joined City from Everton for £22million in August 2009, with furious Everton fans claiming that a £100,000-a-week salary was his only motivation.

But after winning his second Premier League title on Sunday, Lescott believes he has been vindicated after reaching the end of his five-year contract.

The 31-year-old almost joined West Ham in the January transfer window and has been in talks with Turkish club Besiktas as he weighs up his next move.

‘Now I’m going to see what’s best for me and my family and then make a decision. I’ve spoken to a number of clubs in different countries but there’s been no decision made. I want to get it sorted soon. I don’t want to leave it until after the World Cup but at the same time I won’t rush.

‘I won't go anywhere that I'll win more trophies than I do here. It will be a different mindset wherever I go. They’ll have goals and ambitions. Now I’ll just go and enjoy playing some games.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2627595/Joleon-Lescott-confirms-Manchester-City-exit-firing-parting-shot-Everton-fans.html

He has hardly contributed to their successes, what a prick

he won't have to move house, he'll play every week, and didn't Irvine used to be at Everton? they might be mates

Stoke were in for him also, i think he's from Wolverhampton so that may have have played a part in his decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back