• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lescott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very harsh at best mate. Is there really a need for language like that about one of our own players?

He's obviously a good centre back, yes coming back from a long term injury he hasn't been good, but if he can regain fitness there's a very good player in him.

I love Kaboul. But he will NEVER be on the same level he was, ever. It's the same with Woodgate, I loved Woodgate but I wasn't holding my breath over him coming back fit and playing for us regularly at the standards he had set previously, which is why I wanted him to leave. Same when King come to the end of his career. Kaboul is just tarnishing his legacy. He was superb at one stage, he will never get their again in my view, unless he decides to stay on a pay as you play deal I wouldn't mind keeping him.

Well from reading other club forums, they all seem to think similarly to me that Chiriches is actually really quite good? If you think Chiriches can be great in the future then ditching him for a Emirates Marketing Project loanee is hardly the way for him to reach that potential is it, would be an utterly stupid decision.

Funny, because most seem to be think the guy is a joke. In fact he was the previous two games before Man Utd, borderline terrible. I'm glad he had a great game against United though because those are the games you need to shine most in. Personally, I couldn't care less what other fans think, most other fans think Spurs are **** and our team is full of average players.

Because Lescott is better. Would I have got Lescott in if I was manager? Not really. But if Sherwood wants him in and he thinks he's better than what we have then so be it. I would agree with him that he is better what we have at the moment fit. Because it isn't the future. It's the same reason we loan players out surely? So they can get game time and play football, it's the same reason we loaned Caulker out to Swansea. This isn't saying loan Chiriches out, we have a long season, Lescott for example is now cup-tied in the FA Cup so if by a miracle we knock Arsenal out, we'll need the likes of Chiriches for back up, same with Europa League.

No, because I'd just move Chiriches to RCB.

But Dawson is club captain, so he'll never be dropped. Especially not for Chiriches.

Ok well I don't know who's saying he's a joke then as I've regularly seen him praised on various club boards and neutral football forums too. He had a couple of poor games after injury and in typical Spurs fan fashion we all declare him as being useless.

Very harsh at best mate. Is there really a need for language like that about one of our own players?

He's obviously a good centre back, yes coming back from a long term injury he hasn't been good, but if he can regain fitness there's a very good player in him.

Kaboul is finished, he cant even get fit enough for the bench anymore let alone a run of 5-10 games to get back peak fitness.

I'm afraid we need to cut our losses on this one and release him in the summer.

Chiriches has had some bad moments/games but at least you can see that there is some talent there. He's only young, been thrust in at the deep end in an unsettled defence with the manager then going yet has still put in some decent performances.

I also don't think he's fully over his injury yet that he was rushed back from which must have contributed to his performances.

I love Dawson, but one thing has been consistent over his career, he gets caught by skill and pace and (most importantly), he is only suited to playing with certain CB partners.
Lescott, from what I've seen, is more adaptable with his game.

I think Lescott is a bit overrated and has been found out a bit at City; It would also make me puke if it was Kaboul he was replacing....remember this:

[video=youtube;43EZsEWdlNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43EZsEWdlNQ[/video]

But they're all kids in Wenger's team, didn't you get the memo?

This .. interesting that the Scum have gotten better with a little added experience.

Arteta/Cazorla are the real deal, was always surprised a big club didn't go for Arteta earlier in his career, Rosicky for me is still a very streaky player, undecided.

We can laugh, but Lescott may take it. He will definately get games til the end of the year. We can offer him a better team to play in but there will still be competition for places.

Would he be able to play in the Europa or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back