• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.D.

Alf Ramsey
Trying to get him in on a 6 month loan deal.

I think that would be a decent move to give us experienced cover with a bit of pace (hes only 31) till we can assess our options in the summer.

I think he can also play LB in case we need some cover there.

Anyone know if he would be eligible for Europe?

Trying to get him in on a 6 month loan deal.

I think that would be a decent move to give us experienced cover with a bit of pace (hes only 31) till we can assess our options in the summer.

I think he can also play LB in case we need some cover there.

Anyone know if he would be eligible for Europe?

Please can you include a link or name a source when starting a thread on a player we are linked with. Thanks

If I were Levy, I'd be talking to City about loan moves, and how they could use us to spike their rivals, the way Chelsea have used Everton.

Would be a decent deal. Kaboul's injury problems seem to persist, another centre back would be helpful. Says his contract ends in the summer so we could get him permanently then...

I think that he would be a decent signing. About the best quality that we could expect in January, bags of experience and should be able to hit the ground running.

I'd imagine that we would expect City to subsidise them

Most likely.

It's only until the summer anyway as his contract at City is up at that point, he couldn't possibly expect to get anywhere near the same wages now as City gave him back when he was very highly rated and quite a bit younger.

That would be a bad move for us, making their squad a little stronger. How many loan deals can a PL club have by the way? Is there a limit, dont they have three already.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-regulations-dictate-martinez-6459979

Everton FC manager Roberto Martinez will have to look abroad if he is to bolster their squad with more loan signings.

The Blues boss revealed to the ECHO that he plans on add to the ranks at Goodison Park with short-term deals in January.

Everton already have Romelu Lukaku , Gareth Barry and Gerard Deulofeu at the club on season long loans.

So they could only get Lescott on a permanent deal. With his contract expiring in the summer though there's not much of a difference for City between selling him and loaning him out.

Given Kaboul seems to be permanently injured, he'd be a decent loan signing particularly as he has the World Cup squad to aim for.

That said, I would prefer us to sign a proper LB and use Verts centrally....getting in another CB makes it more likely that TS will shift Verts to LB more often

....getting in another CB makes it more likely that TS will shift Verts to LB more often

I think the opposite actually. He is not afraid to play young players and we have Rose currently fit and Fryers to play if he is injured so unless both of them get injured i think the position is covered. We need another centre back so we can rotate for the cups. With Verts out and Kaboul always injured this makes a lot of sense. He is in his prime for a Centre Back really and is a good player. Makes sense to get him in on loan.

I think the opposite actually. He is not afraid to play young players and we have Rose currently fit and Fryers to play if he is injured so unless both of them get injured i think the position is covered. We need another centre back so we can rotate for the cups. With Verts out and Kaboul always injured this makes a lot of sense. He is in his prime for a Centre Back really and is a good player. Makes sense to get him in on loan.

i agree. With,hopefully, a few more Europa ties to come as well as the run-in, we need to be able to rotate 4 CBs, I fear Kaboul is goner, so we need that 4th 'experienced' option.
It looks like TS has some faith Vejlkovic but I'm sure if I would like to see him thrown in at the deep end just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back