• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Les Ferdinand striker coach

So tonight Chelsea played with arguably two defensive midfielders in tandem (Luiz and Matic). The pair broke up play well all over the pitch, but also made good runs forward and played some simple passes.

So tonight Chelsea played with arguably two defensive midfielders in tandem (Luiz and Matic). The pair broke up play well all over the pitch, but also made good runs forward and played some simple passes.

Depends fully on how you define defensive midfielder. Both seem perfectly in line with the kind of players Ferdinand was talking about as desirable.

To be fair Ferdinand basically slams players that play in midfield yet can't do anything with the ball, which evidently isn't a description that fits those two players. They are though both players who have greater defensive skills than offensive which is why I'd personally put them into the DM bracket.

Luiz is excellent.

I'd have no problems playing him as a CB either, even though he's defensively suspect at times, because he is so good on the ball. A great player…a Spurs player. Chelski have a few players of our 'former' identity right now…Hazard, Oscar, Luiz…makes me sad.

At last. I had to sit through this ****er week in week out back in the day. Was excited when he replaced Teddy back in 1997 but ultimately let us down most weeks. Cost us the cup in 2002 and glad to see him go..

Wasnt his biggest fan as a player but difficult for a fan to really ascertain how much impact a coach is making. Ferdi doesnt strike you as someone though who would be a natural at getting ideas across, firtly because he's not that elloquant and secondly because he wasnt that intelligent in the way he played

Back