• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Legend

One nobody has mentioned and none of us ever saw. But deserves to be on the list as he should be remembered is Walter Tull.

A legend for me is just someone that did something special for the club or always played with his heart on the sleeve, someone that has left a positive mark - Lucas is a legend for his Amsterdam cameo, Lamela is a legend in my book for all his brickhousery and the effort he left on the pitch, VdV the same. Steffen Freund was more of an icon, I guess, but I'm not cheap with my legends - he's a legend in his own way. Teemu Tainio is a legend for pointing at the clock in the final vs Chelsea and simply just by virtue of being a Spurs fan.

I guess Jonathan Woodgate should be a legend for winning our last trophy, but I don't have any particularly strong feelings for the guy.

Good topic.

Lineker is a really interesting one. He was one of my heroes growing up and got me into Spurs, yet he’s barely mentioned on here as far as I can see. Here roughly the same length of time as Gazza, arguably achieved more, yet less revered. Is it because of his obviously pro Leicester stance?

His political ramblings put me off. Not his point of view just feel men's politics are like their penis, I don't want to see it.

Exactly 50 years ago.
Martin Chivers, I wonder how he'd have acquitted himself in the Premier League?

On his day he was unplayable and run defenders ragged. I was at Wembley when we played Villa in the League cup final (Villa were third division) and we were awful. Chivers scored 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to win us the cup but to be honest Villa were the better team.

Great player on his day big and so strong defenders just bounced off him but he was also skillfull, sadly he could also look lazy at times and left me will the feeling that he could have been so much better.

Back