• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Legend

You think in 50 years time, the next generation of spurs fans will be talking about tremazzani?

possibly, if there is a worst 11 ever tour in the Barclays Metaverse PPV

I'll still be banging on about that Verts offside in his own half goal

Good topic.

Lineker is a really interesting one. He was one of my heroes growing up and got me into Spurs, yet he’s barely mentioned on here as far as I can see. Here roughly the same length of time as Gazza, arguably achieved more, yet less revered. Is it because of his obviously pro Leicester stance?
Lineker was very much my boyhood hero at Spurs aswell. Until Leicester came back to being a regular Premier League side he uses to speak as if he was a Spurs fan on MOTD.

Funny that people mention Klinsmann yet debate Lineker. Don't get me wrong I was a huge Klinsmann fan myself but he only gave us one full season and won nothing. Lineker was with us for 3 seasons and won the FA Cup scoring twice in that Semi Final.
Klinsmann was an icon for us but not a legend

What have they won?

I think players should still be judged on their own merits but after seeing Bale, Modric, VdV and those part of the 2016/17 leave empty handed it has been tough and redefined the term for me.

Would be beyond gutted if Kane, Lloris and Son left empty handed too - future legends for me.

Ginola a legend for me, he scored 13 goals for us, every one was a Puskas contender, added to that, he's a beautiful Frenchman, left footed, and he only won one trophy with us, absolute Spurs.

Icon for me. Not on the same level as hoddle, greaves, blanchflower, jennings, ditchburn, mabbutt, perryman.

Player of the season and league cup though. Exciting player in a very unexciting period. Will always love him.

Legend requires an element of the unexpected, I'd drop Mabbutt and Perryman to icon, as though they were great servants to the club, and wonderful people, they were quite boring.

Legend requires an element of the unexpected, I'd drop Mabbutt and Perryman to icon, as though they were great servants to the club, and wonderful people, they were quite boring.

Fa cup, league cup, 2 uefa cups, player of the year, most capped player for spurs? Perryman deserves legend status for me. It's not all about wonder goals.

Mabbutt will always be our captain.

Legend for me, he's one of those that will definately be talked about in 50 years and the goals he scored will be from further and further out after beating more and more players, probably while half naked and smoking a Gauloises because that is the nature of legends, hushed tones and smoky bars and slightly tall tales.
I love people like Mabbut or Galvin, great servants but Ginola's a GHod!

Last edited:
Fa cup, league cup, 2 uefa cups, player of the year, most capped player for spurs? Perryman deserves legend status for me. It's not all about wonder goals.

Mabbutt will always be our captain.

I think stats and trophies are largely irrelevant for Legend status too, it’s narrative rather than numbers you need, enigmatic, what does a bard have to work with.

Look at United under Fergie, all of those great players, massive trophy cabinets at home, most of them won everything at least twice, but who is the hero of that time, Cantona.

I think stats and trophies are largely irrelevant for Legend status too, it’s narrative rather than numbers you need, enigmatic, what does a bard have to work with.

Look at United under Fergie, all of those great players, massive trophy cabinets at home, most of them won everything at least twice, but who is the hero of that time, Cantona.

As i said it's subjective. But disagree. There's a lot of legends from fergies time. Keane, giggs, beckham...

Back