• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leeds United: The Wilderness Years.

Gilzeantoscore

Justin Edinburgh
Now I know it's Leeds and all that. I hate them as much as anybody, but I was scouring You Tube, as you do and came across this little gem. It's a fan produced retrospective of Leeds post Revie and covers all their great players, Bremner, Currie, Hunter, McQueen, Jordan Gray etc. it also looks at the politics at the club, player tensions and the the controversies that just will not go away, such as Leed's bad rep for dirty play and hooliganism. However, what makes this such a good watch, is the sound track which plays songs from the era, the clips of matches and fans going to and leaving games, gee loon pants were big in the north in the 70's, plus the newspaper clips and advertisements. These really add a lot of colour to the document and I found myself pausing the stream to read them. Do yourselves a favour and search it up. Highlights for me were the the match when Norman Hunter decked Frannie Lee and then Lee puts him down, as they are sent off and the European Cup final against Bayern Munich, where Leeds were robbed by a bent ref. Each episode goes for about 15 minutes. I really wish somebody would do one for spurs.

Last edited:
I've been watching this, really enjoying it.
Fashions are great, although I can't laugh as my hair is like gordon Mc queen's.

Best bit was when mcqueen hooked the keeper in the face, absolute smashed him, the keeper just gave a stony stare as if to say "is that it?".

Its funny that you grow up thinking teams are better than they really were.

I thought they won loads more. Only one FA Cup and League Cup, wow, did not know till just looking.

I thought they won loads more. Only one FA Cup and League Cup, wow, did not know till just looking.

Leeds without a doubt were the dirtest team i have seen over the years, however there was a period from the middle 60's to the early 70's when they were champions twice and runners up 5 times. Since then they have been mostly living on that period.

They also won the title twice and UEFA Cup under Revie. Bremner was a hell of an engine, Giles could pass and Clarke was a goalscorer. They were a really good team who were robbed of the European Cup in '75, terrible ref.

But I get your point, it is like Shankley at Liverpool, won less than those Immediately after him but he established liverpool from nothing.

Back