• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

I think Ledley himself will know when it is time. I just hope he retires before we see more sad performances like his one this afternoon, and before fickle fans get on his back.

Get him in the hall of fame, and get him on the coaching staff. I suspect he will be in and out of the team from now until the end of the season, and then hang up his boots. How often in this day and age do you see a one club man with the class of Ledley though? Whatever happens, he truly is the biggest legend I've had the pleasure of watching since supporting Spurs.

I think Ledley himself will know when it is time. I just hope he retires before we see more sad performances like his one this afternoon, and before fickle fans get on his back.

Get him in the hall of fame, and get him on the coaching staff. I suspect he will be in and out of the team from now until the end of the season, and then hang up his boots. How often in this day and age do you see a one club man with the class of Ledley though? Whatever happens, he truly is the biggest legend I've had the pleasure of watching since supporting Spurs.

Here, here! BUT unless injury to other players prevents it, I would prefer he was kept out of the first team. Right now, even Nelson is a safer bet!

Last edited:
Good shout.

You're not allowed to recall in loans between PL clubs. I think its preposterous that people are looking to get rid of King. Loyalty between players and fans goes both ways. If anything what we should be doing is using him as a backup and go and buy someone who can fill his boots. A lot of people forget what he has given to us and are quick to praise the new crowd when he has stuck with us through thick and thin.

thing is with King - if he has a bad game people will pipe up that he is on the way out rather than just having an off day

was poor today, am in two minds whether he should play in the semi

You're not allowed to recall in loans between PL clubs. I think its preposterous that people are looking to get rid of King. Loyalty between players and fans goes both ways. If anything what we should be doing is using him as a backup and go and buy someone who can fill his boots. A lot of people forget what he has given to us and are quick to praise the new crowd when he has stuck with us through thick and thin.

I wasn't being serious...

*facepalm*

I think its preposterous that people are looking to get rid of King. Loyalty between players and fans goes both ways.

I'm sorry but no, a player can't expect to keep getting a contract if he's not good enough.
I don't see you demanding a player contract for Mabbutt or Perryman?
A new contract for King should be considered up against what he brings to the team and his fitness level.

No-one is saying we should get rid of him, but he should not play as first choice any more. Did you watch today? He couldn't jump and coudn't run, so this even affected his judgement and positioning. Time is up I'm afraid.

He literally couldn't jump today and was relying on putting him arm around players to stop them. I was almost in tears.

There was a point today looking at the bench that I though we'd be better off with Sandro playing DC than King.
It sums it up really.

King is the best CB i have seen at the Lane since Mike England and i hate too say this but he needs to retire, we have messed around with our CB pairing for way to long and we have to stop doing so.

Since the City game King has been a shadow of his old self, injurys and not being able to train has caught up with him.

I'm sorry but no, a player can't expect to keep getting a contract if he's not good enough.
I don't see you demanding a player contract for Mabbutt or Perryman?
A new contract for King should be considered up against what he brings to the team and his fitness level.

I said we should be using him as a backup. What to Mabbutt or Perryman have to do with it, they no longer play professional football whilst king can still do a job.

thing is with King - if he has a bad game people will pipe up that he is on the way out rather than just having an off day

was poor today, am in two minds whether he should play in the semi

I've thought the calls for him to retire were premature......Until today! He was getting out muscled and beaten for pace by Grant Holt, not Robin Van Persie, GRANT HOLT! Maybe I was just in denial before, but he's far too slow to be playing in a premier league side. By all means keep him around as a backup, but he shouldn't be automatic first choice anymore.

And btw, that was hard for me to admit as he's my 2nd all time favourite Spurs player after Klinsmann.

Back