• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

He's a shadow of his former self but I still think he is our best defender. If we can get someone better then by all means go for it.

He's basically suffering from setting such high standards.

When Kaboul or Dawson make mistakes we think meh! When it's King we think WHOA! And it's that much more magnified

Why didn't you or anyone else say this before the Gooner game? all i saw was near enough everyone putting him in their starting X1, everyone hoping and praying his name is on the team sheet every weekend, everyone being saddened when his name isn't on the teamsheet and instantly feeling less confident.

Fast forward one game and he's now finished.

Because he's our captain, unofficial or not, always will be to me. Best tackler we've got but showing signs that he's deteriorating.

I'm not.

The whole team fell apart in panic, because we played a 2 man midfield, with an on field spectator from Croatia and the entire structure, discipline and shape of the team fell apart like a house of cards.

Ledleys issues simply got highlighted by the fiasco that the team turned into, his ability to rescue the team, as he has done so many times in the past, have simply gone with his knees.

The decision to play Krancjar was the single biggest mistake, and was the catalyst for the disintegration of the team, along with the apparent inability of anyone to hold the line and inspire the side to play cohesively.

The midfield was where we lost the game

An excellent summation. I feared the worst when I saw Harry had gone 4-4-2 and left Lennon on the bench.

HOw people slag off king and leave kaboul alone baffles the fudge out of me. King looked fudged against arsenal, agree, but he looked good today. Kaboul is the massive liability, PLEASE start playing king and Dawson when possible! Then replace king I the summer and give hi a backup role

We conceded three with ledley at the back?!?

boo-this-man.gif

HOw people slag off king and leave kaboul alone baffles the fudge out of me. King looked fudged against arsenal, agree, but he looked good today. Kaboul is the massive liability, PLEASE start playing king and Dawson when possible! Then replace king I the summer and give hi a backup role

Kaboul has looked excellent for most of the season, another good game today against United.

All our centre halves are brick, let's be honest. They've just been lucky we've kept too much possession this season for them to really be challenged.

Two new centre backs this Summer, please, Jose :)

Kaboul and King, these two recent games excepted, have been two of the best cbs in the league this season. Especially Kaboul.

No comfort that I called it first.:frown:

Thanks for everything Captain King. I don't think we'll see you in the first team again.

You will be sorely missed.

King has had some terrible games this season, but I have always said to myself after those games; this is a one-off, he will get back and be the commanding captain, he has been for such a long time.

Today I dont think that way

I think it was very sad seeing him today. So incredibly slow, poor decision-making, awful positioning.

I hate to say it; Ledley, you have been an absolutely fantastic player for Spurs despite your injury problems, but please hang up your boots this summer

He's had his best season for us in years, a few dodgy games doesn't stop that. FICKLE FICKLE FICKLE. Kaboul on the other hand has been dodgy for years and only has a few decent games this season. He'll never be anything other than great cover

He got raped time and time again by Grant Holt!

Hate to say it, but he looked painfully slow today. I know people have proclaimed him to be finished before on GG, but this time I really think it's the end of the road for him. We can't afford to carry him anymore.

He got raped time and time again by Grant Holt!

Hate to say it, but he looked painfully slow today. I know people have proclaimed him to be finished before on GG, but this time I really think it's the end of the road for him. We can't afford to carry him anymore.

I don't want to say it either, but you are talking about a man who consistently had the world's greated strikers in his pocket struggling against a complete hack today. (With all due respect to Holt, who is not quite in the Henry class.) as Jurgen says, he has to go!

I would honestly play Gallas even over a fit King in every game until the end of the season

I think Gallas is currently first choice alongside Kaboul ahead of King based on selections over the last couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see if they are both fit and available at the same time.

Absolutely love King, like everyone here I suppose. But what for so long has seemed impossible, but fantastic now unfortunately looks to actually be impossible. Wouldn't mind him staying on another season as a player, but he shouldn't be first choice.

Back