• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Irks me that King's ability as a defender is always so underrated. He was one of the best centre backs ever, bar injury, yet constantly the likes of John Terry and Vidic are named above him as having been better defenders. Some people don't know the truth.

King can be happy that he won the 2008 League Cup with us as the captain. Just imagine how many Spurs captains have went without winning a trophy in the last 25 years or so.

Irks me that King's ability as a defender is always so underrated. He was one of the best centre backs ever, bar injury, yet constantly the likes of John Terry and Vidic are named above him as having been better defenders. Some people don't know the truth.

I saw Jamie Carragher recently listed his top ten Premier League defenders. Terry was top, King didn't make the list - apparently in part due to his fitness but that's irrelevant when assessing talent and skill. He played enough games for it to be clear.

I saw Jamie Carragher recently listed his top ten Premier League defenders. Terry was top, King didn't make the list - apparently in part due to his fitness but that's irrelevant when assessing talent and skill. He played enough games for it to be clear.
Possibly still resentful of the fact that he was jettisoned from the England squad whenever Ledley was fit enough to be included.

Didn't Carragher once called talksport to complain and moan because somebody said Ledley deserves to be in the England team ahead of him? that classless tw@t
He was never half the defender King was, injuries and all. I doubt he would even have been considered better than say, Michael Dawson if he wasn't playing for Liverpool.

Didn't Carragher once called talksport to complain and moan because somebody said Ledley deserves to be in the England team ahead of him? that classless tw@t
He was never half the defender King was, injuries and all. I doubt he would even have been considered better than say, Michael Dawson if he wasn't playing for Liverpool.

Someone on here posted the perfect description about carrager ... will wear a pink polo at the slug and lettuce, pretend to be a nice guy but his motive is far from nice. He is s clam currently being found out of his depth on t.v.

His analysis is cringe

Ridiculous. It is just sour grapes on his part.

The two best defenders I saw play were King and McGrath (and both with dodgy knees coincidentally).

Three guesses why Carragher would pick a mindless hoofball clogger over a defender who epitomised everything he never had - class, composure, skill and the ability to be a leader by example, not by word.

Yeah, I saw that half-hour piece after the Sky game programme tonight.
Bless him, Ledley wasn't the most articulate but he was clearly enjoying being able to speak with Henry about the rivalry from a position of strength.

20 years too late, but still good news that doctors have fiiiiinally sussed this out. Sounds so obvious (compared to some medical advances)

Arthritis patients are to be given ‘grow your own’ knee replacements after the cloning procedure was given the green light by NHS health chiefs.

The revolutionary operation repairs damaged areas of cartilage using cells taken from unaffected areas of the patient’s knee.

The harvested cells are then grown in a laboratory so they multiply and are made into a patch that can be put back into the knee, repairing any defects. The advance could save patients from ever needing a prosthetic knee implant.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...nts-grow-knee-replacements.html#ixzz4wvKWB3dw

Back