• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

League Cup 2015 - Semi Final: Sheffield United (H/A)

Sheffield United in the semi final is a good draw for us. Especially since we avoided Chelsea or Liverpool with whom we have bad records. Sheffield United maybe a Div 2 team, but we cannot get over confident. Remember Burnley in the 2009 League Cup semi final ? Burnley was a Championship team then. Everyone thought it will be easing beating them. We did won 4-1 at home, but then was getting humiliated 0-3 away. Only Super Pavly came to our rescue with the crucial away goal 2 mins from the end of extra time. Tottenham will always be Tottenham ! We do have a bad record away at Shefield United, getting beaten 0-6 there in 1993. So, we cannot take this match lightly.

Always good to see when the little guys carry on cheering against the odds like that when 3+ down [emoji106]

Such a great repertoire as well.

"1-0 and you still don't sing"

"2-0 and you still don't sing"

"Shall we sing a song for you"

"Your support is ****ing ****"

! We do have a bad record away at Shefield United, getting beaten 0-6 there in 1993. So, we cannot take this match lightly.

That game always sticks in my mind as the pinnacle of how bad we were in the mid-90s.

Seem to remember Cundy and Andy Gray having shockers.

Respectfully to Sheffield Utd, the distance between the PL and league one is huge (mainly due to money) and our reserves should really be able to get a result if they gave 100% effort.

The only danger is complacency and Sheff Utd having 2 games of their lives (I.e MKDons style)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Such a great repertoire as well.

"1-0 and you still don't sing"

"2-0 and you still don't sing"

"Shall we sing a song for you"

"Your support is ****ing ****"

That's *******s to be honest, most of the second half was 'don't take me home' repeated over and over again.

4,200 fans 300+ miles from home with no trains back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine after the game. Not bad eh?

Even the national press said we put White Hart Lane to shame.

Also the first set of supporters not to joint in with the 17th minute applause for Liam and John, tragically killed by terrorists going to a game of football. No man, woman or child should ever leave their house to go to a game of football and never return.

That game always sticks in my mind as the pinnacle of how bad we were in the mid-90s.

Seem to remember Cundy and Andy Gray having shockers.

Respectfully to Sheffield Utd, the distance between the PL and league one is huge (mainly due to money) and our reserves should really be able to get a result if they gave 100% effort.

The only danger is complacency and Sheff Utd having 2 games of their lives (I.e MKDons style)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It was a humiliating defeat but came 5 days before an FA Cup QF at Emirates Marketing Project which was to be our biggest game of the season. We rested a lot of players from memory but we did go onto win 4-2 at City with Nayim banging in a hatrick in a fairly iconic match.

That said we shouldn't have been beaten by 6 at Sheff Utd! I don't think we've won there since 1990; we lost 2-1 up there in their season in the PL 2006/7 and drew 2-2 in 93/4 the game after the 6-0.

The Burnley tie in 2009 was terribly lacklustre. We were 1-0 down at ht at the lane with Bentley and Bale both having stinkers on the wings and being taken off at half time. We had a brilliant 25 mins inspired by Jamie o'Hara and scored 4 to assume we'd won the tie.

The night at Burnley was simply awful and were it not for an antiquated away goals rule which gave us an additional 30 minutes to score we'd have gone out in a humiliating manner.

That's *******s to be honest, most of the second half was 'don't take me home' repeated over and over again.

4,200 fans 300+ miles from home with no trains back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine after the game. Not bad eh?

Also the first set of supporters not to joint in with the 17th minute applause for Liam and John, tragically killed by terrorists going to a game of football. No man, woman or child should ever leave their house to go to a game of football and never return.

Whenever the Spurs fans hit a lull, that's what I was hearing.

As for the applause, how many Spurs fans were even aware of it?

It was very good support from the Geordies what you need to remember is that it was a football match which we won 4-0 and not the eurovision song contest

No different to when Cheltenham, Southend, Brighton and Palace have been here in the cup over recent years and their fans 'put on a show' - they know they'll be knocked out so don't let the on pitch performance affect their mood. Cute really. Wonder why they weren't like that in the league game?

TBH given Saudi Sportswashing Machine's record of major silverware... or lack of... I would expect the Toon to treat the game at WHL like a cup final. As it wasn't far off one for you guys.

Oh well, as Marky said, you may have won the Eurovision but we won the game.

Also - re the 17th minute stuff - I was at the game and wasn't aware of anything related to that! If I had known I would have applauded, as I am sure everyone around me would have too.

Back