• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

League Cup 2015 - Semi Final: Sheffield United (H/A)

chicken_badge

Gudni Bergsson
Third round draw - at home to Nottingham Forest.

When was the last time we were drawn at home for our first tie in this competition??? Always seem to be away.

Re: League Cup 2014

I think it was when we got turned over by the goons 3 or 4 years ago. Hopefully a happier ending this time!

That is an amazing draw. One side of my family are Forest, one side are Spurs so I've seen quite a bit of both teams during my life obviously.

Not going to be an easy game as they seem to be responding well to Stuart Pearce. Can't wait for this, wish I was able to get back to England for it...

already 7 PL sides knocked out, could go far again this year

Also four all-PL ties. I think there will be at most 9 PL sides in the next round

Well, as 4 teams will be eliminated from the all Prem ties, in addition to the seven that have already fallen, then yes I'd say that you were right.

I'd say that there will be 8 at most, due to one likely upset at least.

Im very down on the League Cup. It really is worth nothing these days. Teams played weakended teams all the way up to the Semis. And you only get a Europa spot out of it.

But I suppose its a good place to blood youngsters now. But saying that we cannot take Forest lightly. They are top of the Championship and any team with confidence at any level can be dangerous.

Im very down on the League Cup. It really is worth nothing these days. Teams played weakended teams all the way up to the Semis. And you only get a Europa spot out of it.

But I suppose its a good place to blood youngsters now. But saying that we cannot take Forest lightly. They are top of the Championship and any team with confidence at any level can be dangerous.

BS mate, we will all be celebrating if Poch won the league cup this year.

A trophy is a trophy, and we (club and fans) should treat it so, there is no disclaimer in your history (ask Wenger) that says we could have had 5 more cups if we gave a ****. Especially with the early knock outs of PL teams and draw, we should treat it seriously.

Personally its highly unlikely we will finish in top 4 this year, hence the effort should be around the cups, Europa being the most valuable due to prize (CL), but the League/FA should be prioritized by draw (i.e. one with easiest draw)

Of course I would be celebrating. I did not say I would not. But that does not give the League Cup added Value in anyones mind. I am all for prioritizing the Europa as it has a massive Carrot at the end. The FA Cup has the prestige. The League cup has neither of those. But yes. I would still celebrate it, of course.

I think we could/should win this.

I'm not really bothered about the league this season - I want a cup or two.

2008 was my second best Spurs supporting moment (after 1991). I'd love to replicate that come March.

I think we could/should win this.

I'm not really bothered about the league this season - I want a cup or two.

2008 was my second best Spurs supporting moment (after 1991). I'd love to replicate that come March.

It's good to win trophies. Amazing how some fans have forgot that and seem desperate to become the Arsenal before they won something last season, to finish fourth best in a competition to be entered in to a competition we (in a similar way to the Premier league) are unlikely to win for the time being

It's good to win trophies. Amazing how some fans have forgot that and seem desperate to become the Arsenal before they won something last season, to finish fourth best in a competition to be entered in to a competition we (in a similar way to the Premier league) are unlikely to win for the time being

The game is about glory

Aiming to be 3rd best losers is depressing.

It's a tough one. The Emirates Marketing Project game lives in the memory just as much as the Chelsea League Cup Final. But this season, I think it's highly unlikely we'll be finishing in the top 4, so to win the League Cup and/or Europa League would be brilliant.

Capital One Cup @CapitalOne_Cup

TV SELECTION: @SpursOfficial v @Official_NFFC has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Wed 24 Sep (7:45pm KO) #CapitalOneCup

Win the Capital One Cup by winning 5 matches (and drawing 1 semi)

Then win the Europa League by winning say all your 7 home matches + final and drawing the away ones

So that is win 13, draw 8 all against sub-PL Big Four standard bar the final. And you're in the Champions League.

Back