• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2016/17

Stoke v Tottenham

Like Palace, Stoke are another team who have made a slow start but I am sure will improve.

Getting Bony on loan from Emirates Marketing Project was a great signing for the Potters because a goalscorer was the thing they lacked last season.

Bony likes playing on his own, which suits Stoke, and he will be playing regularly, which makes a big difference. He will be a good acquisition.

Tottenham won 4-0 at Stoke in April, but I do not see things being anywhere near as easy this time.

I am still waiting for Spurs to really hit their stride this season but they remain hard to beat - so a draw is the most likely outcome.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Dave Bautista's prediction: That's a Spurs win for sure. Go Spurs! 1-3

So, the Twunt predicated the results of the the first 3 games correctly :eek:
That is a shock.
Hope his predication against Stoke is not correct.
COYS

Tottenham v Sunderland (16:30 BST)

Sunderland were poor defensively in their 3-0 home defeat by Everton on Monday night. When the Toffees raised their level in the second half, it was all over.

This looks like another big test for the Black Cats. I would go so far as to say that it looks to be a home banker for Tottenham.

Spurs lost to Monaco at Wembley in the Champions League on Wednesday but I don't see them having any problems on their return to White Hart Lane.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Chelsea v Liverpool (20:00 BST)

I was really surprised that Chelsea lost control of the game in their 2-2 draw at Swansea on Sunday.

It was only down to a mad couple of minutes but, the way they were when they were in front, there is no way the Blues should have found themselves 2-1 down.

Other than their blip at Burnley, Liverpool have been better than the other three teams they have played - and we are talking about Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester there.

So I really fancy the Reds to win this one. They have a real momentum about them and I think playing an away match against an attacking team will suit Jurgen Klopp's side.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Middlesbrough v Tottenham

Harry Kane's injury is an obvious concern for Tottenham, especially because it is still unclear how severe it is.

But this is a great opportunity for Vincent Janssen, who they spent a lot of money on over the summer.

Janssen might have thought he would be sitting on the bench for a while, but after getting his first goal for Spurs against Gillingham, now he can show what he can do in the Premier League too.

Middlesbrough have just lost back-to-back league games and I just wonder whether the momentum you bring up with you as a promoted club is just starting to run out.

Sometimes that momentum makes up for a lack of quality and we will find out a lot about Boro in the next few weeks.

Middlesbrough v Tottenham

Harry Kane's injury is an obvious concern for Tottenham, especially because it is still unclear how severe it is.

But this is a great opportunity for Vincent Janssen, who they spent a lot of money on over the summer.

Janssen might have thought he would be sitting on the bench for a while, but after getting his first goal for Spurs against Gillingham, now he can show what he can do in the Premier League too.

Middlesbrough have just lost back-to-back league games and I just wonder whether the momentum you bring up with you as a promoted club is just starting to run out.

Sometimes that momentum makes up for a lack of quality and we will find out a lot about Boro in the next few weeks.

Ah..back to his favourite 0-2 score lines , I see.

Tottenham v Emirates Marketing Project (14:15 BST)
This is a big game between the top two and I am expecting an entertaining afternoon in north London.

I think John Stones will return to the centre of Emirates Marketing Project's defence after the way Aleksandar Kolarov played against Celtic on Wednesday, and he might be busy.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is very impressive in the way he sets his teams up and they are definitely going to test City's back-line, especially Son Heung-min who is flying at the moment.

City are not going to go to White Hart Lane and sit back, though. They clearly pose an attacking threat too and, whatever the end result, I am pretty sure there will be a few goals.

Lawro's prediction: 2-2

West Brom v Tottenham

For most of last season, people were asking how Spurs would do if Harry Kane got injured but now we know, and they can definitely cope without him.

West Brom have made a solid start to the season but this Tottenham team look very convincing at the moment, and they are going to be hard to stop.

Bournemouth v Tottenham (12:30 BST)
The Cherries thumped Hull last week and are going well, with only one defeat in their past six league games.

Eddie Howe's side have built up a bit of momentum and have got goals in them as well and, like their trip to West Brom last week, this is a tough one for Tottenham.

Dele Alli's late equaliser against the Baggies maintained their unbeaten start to the league season.

But they relied on goalkeeper Hugo Lloris to get them a draw at Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday, and I don't think they have picked up where they left off before the international break at the start of the month.

Spurs went to the south coast and stuck five goals past Bournemouth this time last year but I see a different outcome this time.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Tottenham v Leicester

By their standards, Tottenham have had a blip by drawing their last two games.

Things did not go their way at West Brom or Bournemouth but, even so, they did not lose and they are still the only unbeaten top-flight team this season.

Tottenham could have Toby Alderweireld back from injury to play at centre-half against Leicester, but Eric Dier looks perfectly happy there if he is not ready yet.

We know the system Spurs will play - that does not change - and the great thing for their manager Mauricio Pochettino is that when the personnel changes, it is still business as usual.

I see them returning to winning ways on Saturdays, helped by the fact that Leicester's away league form - they have lost four games out of four on the road, conceding 13 goals.

The Foxes' Champions League form has been outstanding which makes up for the fact they have been inconsistent domestically.

It looks like they will get out of their group and be involved in Europe after Christmas so this is still going to be a good season for them, even if they remain in mid-table in the Premier League.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Arsenal v Tottenham (12:00 GMT)

November looks like a tough month for Tottenham, who face three London derbies against Arsenal (away), West Ham (home) and Chelsea (away), as well as trying to get out of their Champions League group.

Spurs are struggling, having scored only one goal from open play in their past three league games, so it is a good time for them to get Harry Kane back from injury.

Kane will be billed as their saviour, although I am not sure how much of him we will see against Arsenal because Mauricio Pochettino is not the type of manager who will rush anyone back.

Arsenal already have the likes of Olivier Giroud and Aaron Ramsey available again and, apart from that blip when they were held at home by Middlesbrough, they are in excellent form.

It is not a case of me being more convinced by the Gunners this season, because I am never unconvinced. It will be the latter part of the campaign that will be key for them, same as always.

At the moment, though, everything is going Arsenal's way. Spurs are still unbeaten in the Premier League, but I see that run ending this weekend.

Arsenal v Tottenham (12:00 GMT)

November looks like a tough month for Tottenham, who face three London derbies against Arsenal (away), West Ham (home) and Chelsea (away), as well as trying to get out of their Champions League group.

Spurs are struggling, having scored only one goal from open play in their past three league games, so it is a good time for them to get Harry Kane back from injury.

Kane will be billed as their saviour, although I am not sure how much of him we will see against Arsenal because Mauricio Pochettino is not the type of manager who will rush anyone back.

Arsenal already have the likes of Olivier Giroud and Aaron Ramsey available again and, apart from that blip when they were held at home by Middlesbrough, they are in excellent form.

It is not a case of me being more convinced by the Gunners this season, because I am never unconvinced. It will be the latter part of the campaign that will be key for them, same as always.

At the moment, though, everything is going Arsenal's way. Spurs are still unbeaten in the Premier League, but I see that run ending this weekend.

Twunt is being generous to us given the form of both sides.

Back