• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawnmower

LutonSpurs

Eric Dear
So my new place has a large garden, 100 foot long. Got 3 kids so keeping the grass for most of it. We moved in late last summer and I had a landscaper come in and sort it all out and mow it once but have left it since and it hasn't got too long but i need my own lawnmower now.

So budget of £200 or so, anyone in to gardening who might have a recommmendation as I know nothing on the topic or is it worth paying someone £40-50 to come and sort it once every few weeks?

First of all, forget the electric kind, they stink. End of.
If the lawn is flat you don't need one with drive, just push the bitch.
No lady bag collector brick either or you'll end up with a big pile of stinking rotting grass in the corner of your lawn. Get one with biodegradable cutting. It cuts the grass to bits and fertilizes your lawn.
To avoid too much weeds, don't cut your grass too short. Keep it between 1,5-3,0" long.

And good fudging luck!

2A4B3A2900000578-3151967-The_Grazor_pedal_powered_lawn_mower_is_a_concept_vehilce_designe-m-2_1436263824158.jpg

That will actually cut your grass in the best possible way. I use one of these babies when the grass is dry and not too long

f8584e6ddca4cc71c2cb975a98e60adb.jpg

picked up one in great condition at a used market for £10.

I've got an electric one with lady bag collector brick. Bosch I think.

Now that I know this will anger Rock, I loathe it and mowing the lawn slightly less than I did before.

£800!

My Mrs has set the budget at £200.

Will go for a petrol one and the garden is generally flat but the lawn has its odd bump so might get a push one.

Any one have any actual recommendations of models etc?

£800!

My Mrs has set the budget at £200.

Will go for a petrol one and the garden is generally flat but the lawn has its odd bump so might get a push one.

Any one have any actual recommendations of models etc?
Tell her all that extra time spent with you is well worth it. That and the fact that a robotic mower means it actually gets done.

did it just get weird in here?

my dad has a petrol mountfield that's about 20 years old and still going strong

Can't go wrong with a Hayter. I went to my local lawnmower repair shop and asked their advice, since they repair them and know which are best... and then I bought a second hand one from them that was about £200 but would have been double that.

Back