• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lautaro Martinez

Not much face saving in saying that you're not going to sell someone and then sell them anyway a couple of weeks later. Need to get a new PR person if that's the strategy.

I think they're mostly just desperate for cash, but also desperate to not end up with a decimated squad. Not a great position to be in and difficult to save face.
If they can kick the money problem down the road they will.

If they can kick the money problem down the road they will.
Almost certainly. Might just be holding out for a takeover, and those might be easier with some stars still around and decent performances on the pitch.

If the situation is really bad though they won't have much of a choice.

If Inter are in financial difficulty, we should be trying to get Bastoni and Barella as well as Martinez.

If we get £150m for Kane, I say that we offer Inter £100-150m for those three players.

I’m also shocked that they signed Dumfries for just £15m. Complete bargain fee

If Inter are in financial difficulty, we should be trying to get Bastoni and Barella as well as Martinez. I’m also shocked that they signed Dumfries for just £15m. Complete bargain fee

Barella would be a very good shout, though I dont think we'd be alone in wanting him....

Not only are they getting Thuram but they are also trying to sign some Lazio forward now for around €35m.

Add them to Dzeko and it suggests Martinez could be available.

Would also explain why we have apparently gone cold on Vlahovic, as we’d only need both if Kane left and that looks increasingly unlikely.

Apparently Levy wouldn’t even take city’s calls if they offered £150m. Needs to be £160m and then negotiations can begin on add-ons that would take the total fee to £175m.

Can’t see city agreeing to that. They MAY offer the £160m eventually, but will surely walk away when informed of the extra add-ons needed. At that point I’d expect them to quickly turn to Vlahovic but if he has already signed for atletico at that point, then they will end up with no one, which would be a real shame :D

Not only are they getting Thuram but they are also trying to sign some Lazio forward now for around €35m.

Add them to Dzeko and it suggests Martinez could be available.

Would also explain why we have apparently gone cold on Vlahovic, as we’d only need both if Kane left and that looks increasingly unlikely.

Apparently Levy wouldn’t even take city’s calls if they offered £150m. Needs to be £160m and then negotiations can begin on add-ons that would take the total fee to £175m.

Can’t see city agreeing to that. They MAY offer the £160m eventually, but will surely walk away when informed of the extra add-ons needed. At that point I’d expect them to quickly turn to Vlahovic but if he has already signed for atletico at that point, then they will end up with no one, which would be a real shame :D
I agree
They needed the lukaku money to clear debt
That meant they then needed money to buy
The next sellable asset is Martinez
They have an offer on the table from us (no idea how we can afford it)
But the money we have offered for him would fund several players their after like Thuram and Correa
But this isn’t football manager is it

I agree
They needed the lukaku money to clear debt
That meant they then needed money to buy
The next sellable asset is Martinez
They have an offer on the table from us (no idea how we can afford it)
But the money we have offered for him would fund several players their after like Thuram and Correa
But this isn’t football manager is it

Cvc might be coming to their rescue/exploitation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...to-revive-talks-with-funds-for-2-billion-deal

Edit other link might be behind paywall

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/serie-revives-talks-funds-2-183449336.html

Back