• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lautaro Martinez

Interesting situation... would we be happy for two years in the ascendency culminating in a historic league championship - if it meant having to dismantle the squad by selling the best players the following season???
Throw in a CL and yes. But not at the expense of doing an Inter. It's one thing to dismantle your team, but still be in a relatively decent financial position (e.g. Spurs of 2010), than literally having to sign whatever scraps are available.

If you ask me, if we did win PL and CL and had to dismantle, it probably wouldn't happen, as ENIC would take that opportunity to sell the club and we would get a decent cash injection. We are a much more attractive club than Inter in a much more attractive and marketable league.

others here have already called out Leeds blueprint they seem to have followed... despite our failures in the transfer market, i'd much prefer the club is run soundly instead of risking it all to win the PL title and then getting relegated right after.
Doubt Inter will get relegated….

Maybe wishful thinking but a conspiracy theorist could interpret this as his agent backing Inter into a corner to double or treble his client's wages (apparently he is "only" on 40K a week) and if that does not happen because Inter are skint, it gives him the excuse to change tact to "he wanted to stay but...."

Quite possibly. It does highlight the different between PL salaries and some other leagues

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Martinez would certainly make our front three options exciting. He seems to fit the style Nuno wants...one thing, I have to say my trust in Paratici/Hitchen is huge.
He is a quality player
But actually quite wasteful
He would certainly add to the options though
Personally though I’d for for Vhalovic as I think there is a bigger upside and he will play as a 9

He is a quality player
But actually quite wasteful
He would certainly add to the options though
Personally though I’d for for Vhalovic as I think there is a bigger upside and he will play as a 9

We discussed him at length...I did not realize he was so left-footed. I think we will end up with him at the end of it all...

Maybe wishful thinking but a conspiracy theorist could interpret this as his agent backing Inter into a corner to double or treble his client's wages (apparently he is "only" on 40K a week) and if that does not happen because Inter are skint, it gives him the excuse to change tact to "he wanted to stay but...."

Maybe his agent is just being respectful to the club he’s signed at?

Worth noting that the £40k a week will be net (so equiv of £80k a week here).

I do wonder if this stuff with Martinez is all a face saving exercise prior to the fire sale in the last week of the window.

Or maybe they keep him and sell those around him, who knows. But yeh, they're totally fudged.
Not much face saving in saying that you're not going to sell someone and then sell them anyway a couple of weeks later. Need to get a new PR person if that's the strategy.

I think they're mostly just desperate for cash, but also desperate to not end up with a decimated squad. Not a great position to be in and difficult to save face.

Back