• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lautaro Martinez

Won’t stop people convincing themselves what they’ve read on Twitter is true and then devising a whole convoluted scenario about what that means about the club. You just have to look at the manager thread to see that,… season ticket sales anyone!

Reading or hearing the truth is always nice. In the absence of that, the acceptable substitute is having someone tells us convincingly what we want to hear.

All this transfer news has now got me so invested, I so want us to sign Lautaro Martinez. (Regardless of whether we sell Kane, or keep Kane). If we don't sign him now, I'm gonna be so disappointed...

Imagine:

Kane. (keep Kane)
Son. Lautaro. Gill.

Or...

Vlahovic (sell Kane)
Son. Lautaro. Gill.

All this transfer news has now got me so invested, I so want us to sign Lautaro Martinez. (Regardless of whether we sell Kane, or keep Kane). If we don't sign him now, I'm gonna be so disappointed...

Imagine:

Kane. (keep Kane)
Son. Lautaro. Gill.

Or...

Vlahovic (sell Kane)
Son. Lautaro. Gill.

I'd have to imagine since I've not seen much of Vlahovic and think Martinez doesn't always turn up .... so I'm going to imagine them being amazeballs

Inter are in such a financial mess for the reigning Serie A champions. Conte, Hakimi, Lukaku brings in and saves a lot of funds. Surely selling Martinez is going a bit too far. They still have to defend their title and compete in the Champions league.

Inter are in such a financial mess for the reigning Serie A champions. Conte, Hakimi, Lukaku brings in and saves a lot of funds. Surely selling Martinez is going a bit too far. They still have to defend their title and compete in the Champions league.
I don't think they'll get that much (relatively) out of the Lakaku deal. Owe Man U and sell on clauses I think.

Depends on the accuracy of the reporting we've seen so far. It ranges from "they're fudged" to "they're proper fudged and going into liquidation regardless of sales".

The story of them accepting a bid from us prior to the Lukaku sale was either leaked by us to put pressure on them to keep the deal alive, or by them so they can put a brave face on it all as it's not as serious as some believe and we can keep some "star" players.

I reckon it still has legs...

Their owners owe something in the range of £250M

Lukaku had both a sell on fee, and they still owe United €50M apparently (and us €12M)

They have brought in Dzeko and looking at Moise Kean as their replacements

There is a reason Conte fudged off, they will not be defending/challenging for anything this season

They are being linked with a few cheaper forward players - Moise Kean is another link that popped up today.
Almost as if they are preparing to replace both Lukaku and Martinez.

Almost feel a little sorry for Inter, well the fans anyway

Interesting situation... would we be happy for two years in the ascendency culminating in a historic league championship - if it meant having to dismantle the squad by selling the best players the following season???

They are being linked with a few cheaper forward players - Moise Kean is another link that popped up today.
Almost as if they are preparing to replace both Lukaku and Martinez.

Haha, Imagine being Moise Kean right now, Had a terrible time at Everton and got lucky with a loan to PSG where he did reasonably well... Probably had his fingers crossed all summer that they might make it a permanent move.. Then they sign Messi instead!

Interesting situation... would we be happy for two years in the ascendency culminating in a historic league championship - if it meant having to dismantle the squad by selling the best players the following season???
others here have already called out Leeds blueprint they seem to have followed... despite our failures in the transfer market, i'd much prefer the club is run soundly instead of risking it all to win the PL title and then getting relegated right after.

Surely finance supercedes all of that

I would be…. As long as we didn’t collapse to relegation.

Back