• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Last night South Upper....is this OK??

This better not be a sign of the times but.....

i watched from block 40 in the south upper last night and although there were periods of the game where the action on the pitch was less than progressive, i could not quite believe what i witnessed after bale scored our third goal.

As bale shifted it and rifled it into the bottom corner boom we were up, marveling at the sheer ease of bales ability to just make something happen.

As i jump around enjoying the moment i happen to notice the two 'fans' next to us. It has hardly registered with them, stuck in their seats, no applause maybe a smile and one of them fiddling with his blackberry. Fair enough they were up for the first two goals but if ever the thrill of seeing the spurs score leaves me then it is time to give up.

just too add they were not too old to stand and were not tourists, most likely season ticket holders or members at a minimum. is this ok??

I even jump up and down in my living room, pubs, bounce in my seat in the car if its on the radio. I cannot contain myself. So if that is what it has come to for them they should give up their Season tickets and let me have it :)

I don't need to hear this. It is fudging killing me that I am stuck in the US, with no chance of getting London to see Spurs play, and they are playing the best football since I've supported them. Please no more tales of people on their Iphones at games...it tinkles me off when see people do it at the bar and it far worse to know people at doing when they are lucky enough to be in the stadium.

Sorry rant over.

I can't understand anyone who'd be dingdonging around with their phone ipod blackberry whatever at the game. tinkles me right off. All the fudging macarons taking pictures of opposing team players taking penalties, what is that about?

Atmosphere was atrocious at times yesterday.

Im usually the one with a problem about people banging on about the fans at WHL, but it was Library standards yesterday at times. I know its cold, but f#ck me, playing with your phone?? Why go at all..

I can only assume they were West or North stand fans that had got lost

I was in South Lower and we had a bit of fun in the second half with some chants

Especially after Benoit attempted a shin breaker

But it's hard to get motivated against 26 Wigan fans

Yeah, sorry to say, but the atmosphere was pretty brick last night. I promised my girlfriend that it would pick up if we scored a goal or two, but it certainly didn't.

I can only assume they were West or North stand fans that had got lost

I was in South Lower and we had a bit of fun in the second half with some chants

Especially after Benoit attempted a shin breaker

But it's hard to get motivated against 26 Wigan fans

Nice to see us giving harry some vocal support.

And the 'Harry Redknapps blue and white army' chant is potentially a life saver when its that loving cold, gets the arms and legs moving :)

I was sat near a couple of women who were moaning about various things throughout. Mainly that it was too cold to be at the football (check the weather forecast next time love). One of them, after slating Adebayor then went into a bizarre tirade about Defoe because he wasn't in the squad and was signing for Liverpool. "He's such a Judas, you would've thought he'd have learnt after what they did to Keane"

By the way, what was the song sung near the end? I was in the North lower so couldn't make it out. Might have been about the tiny little fella that came on for Wigan as a cheer went up when he got the ball?

I was sat near a couple of women who were moaning about various things throughout. Mainly that it was too cold to be at the football (check the weather forecast next time love). One of them, after slating Adebayor then went into a bizarre tirade about Defoe because he wasn't in the squad and was signing for Liverpool. "He's such a Judas, you would've thought he'd have learnt after what they did to Keane"

By the way, what was the song sung near the end? I was in the North lower so couldn't make it out. Might have been about the tiny little fella that came on for Wigan as a cheer went up when he got the ball?

Why's the mascot on the pitch
Why's the mascot on the pitch :)

i actually felt a bit uncomfortable about it..............i mean, he's a premiership footballer.............i'm not:(

haha i wasnt joking actually.. Im in paxton and no one seems to sing it.. Sounded like roof is on fire. lol

Has anyone heard us sing "Adebayor, Adebayor, we used to be racist, but not anymore"? Saw it mentioned somewhere else. Thought we did "this is the best club you've ever played for" or something like that.

Has anyone heard us sing "Adebayor, Adebayor, we used to be racist, but not anymore"? Saw it mentioned somewhere else. Thought we did "this is the best club you've ever played for" or something like that.

This is the best club he's ever played for

& this was the version sung.

As for the Mascot chant, it was excellent, especially as it got changed to 'get the mascot off the pitch' after he committed a foul.

Also liked, '...he'll pay what he wants, he'll pay what he wants, he's Harry Redknapp, he'll pay what he wants...'

Back