• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Not going to how great Lamela is or not, but for sure he holds on to the ball on far to many occasions and by doing so loses whatever attacking threat we create.

I like Lamela. Works hard, can finish and can see a pass. But its very hit and miss. Not what I expected from him when we signed him. I like him in the squad but not as a starter. And that is a shame. He has the qualities to be more or a star player. But for some reason it does not quite work like that. He gives us a nice Squad option, and replacement. And for that reason he is a keeper. But I felt when we signed him we had a Son level player.

for me, it's not that he holds the ball for too long, it's that his teammates don't make the run at the right time

I can't wait to see him working with Bale, finally a player on the same level as Lamela

Can’t see him keeping Son or Kane out of the team. And then you’ve got players similar to Lamela like Alli, Moura and Bergwijn who score more frequently.

He did his usual, ran his ass off .. but

- First half classic Coco, frustrating, held on to ball too much
- Second half, obviously got told to pass, he did, and suddenly was much better.
- Took both the goal and penalty well
- Took the striker role for 70 odd minutes ..

If he can play more like the second half, is really a great option for games like this

Back