• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Wouldn't make it any easier. Probably more difficult, because you would lose sight of the ball earlier, as you'd need to turn your body more.

The ball flew over his right shoulder, going for it with your right foot is the only correct option unless your name is Zlatan.

You're one of those guys that would be complaining about Bale if you were a Real fan.
The likes of Messi and Maradona have no right foots.
No one went after our "record signing" Davidson Sanchez for his failure to be first choice.

I dunno if you're being serious but there are leagues of difference between the quality of a Messi/Maradonna and Lamela. I mean literally they shouldn't be in the same conversation. If Lamela was anywhere near as good as either with his one foot there would be no complaints but he's really not all that good even with his one foot. Besides that neither Messi nor Maradonna are one footed, both can use their weaker foot to a good extent better than most professionals it was just that their strong foot was so good.

The ball flew over his right shoulder, going for it with your right foot is the only correct option unless your name is Zlatan.

I dunno if you're being serious but there are leagues of difference between the quality of a Messi/Maradonna and Lamela. I mean literally they shouldn't be in the same conversation. If Lamela was anywhere near as good as either with his one foot there would be no complaints but he's really not all that good even with his one foot. Besides that neither Messi nor Maradonna are one footed, both can use their weaker foot to a good extent better than most professionals it was just that their strong foot was so good.

Such nonsense. Bore. Off. Moaner.

What about all the other players we have that mainly only uses their best peg? Never seen you lay into them. Only Lamela.

You're one of those guys that would be complaining about Bale if you were a Real fan.
The likes of Messi and Maradona have no right foots.
No one went after our "record signing" Davidson Sanchez for his failure to be first choice.

If the players you mentioned were so limited in their play I would moan but you cant possible compare Lamela to any of them, if Davidson is not an automatic first choice after 7 years I will moan.

I said last night he is like Swindon's Magic Roundabout, in that to turn right he has to go left left left left left... but I realise in my sober state that isn't right.

To turn left he has to go right right right. So he is a bit like UPS in America. But the opposite. Aw jeez.

A lack of skill (and confidence in the weaker foot) is the only reason people like Lamela and Aguero resort to rabonas. They look clever but are indicators of poor coaching as a child.

I said last night he is like Swindon's Magic Roundabout, in that to turn right he has to go left left left left left... but I realise in my sober state that isn't right.

To turn left he has to go right right right. So he is a bit like UPS in America. But the opposite. Aw jeez.

A lack of skill (and confidence in the weaker foot) is the only reason people like Lamela and Aguero resort to rabonas. They look clever but are indicators of poor coaching as a child.
Yeah. Better not do anything that is a bit out of the ordinary and exiting! Can't have any of that in football! Players like that ruin the game! That Ronaldinho bloke was a joke. Totally ruined any boring game by doing crazy stuff. And usually only with his left peg! How dare he! He should play an easy back pass with his weaker foot instead!

there are two types of fan, those that love Lamela, and those that don't understand football

You are so wrong, there are fans that love Lamela and those who don't, perhaps you can enlighten us and explain what we don't understand about football, working hard is a give me, although too many players don't. I seen plenty of players who give one hundred percent but that doesnt make them a good player, maybe a good part of a team unit but generally those type of player realise their limitations and pass the ball to people who can create opportunities rather than run down blind alleys.

You are so wrong, there are fans that love Lamela and those who don't, perhaps you can enlighten us and explain what we don't understand about football, working hard is a give me, although too many players don't. I seen plenty of players who give one hundred percent but that doesnt make them a good player, maybe a good part of a team unit but generally those type of player realise their limitations and pass the ball to people who can create opportunities rather than run down blind alleys.

How many times has Lamela come off the bench, demanded the ball, driven forward and played a goal-producing pass? It's countless.

Admittedly he hasn't reached his full potential due to his body, but to claim he isn't a good player is ridiculous.

He's more creative than 95% of our squad. I'd say Kane, Ndombele and maybe Lo Celso are the only players more likely to create goal scoring opportunities.

Plus he's more than likely to pop up and score goals himself when he's out there.

People can't get over the fact that he's missed quite a bit of playing time through injury and he was supposed to be our 'new Bale'

No one, it turns out, could have replaced Bale. Until now of course.

How many times has Lamela come off the bench, demanded the ball, driven forward and played a goal-producing pass? It's countless.

Admittedly he hasn't reached his full potential due to his body, but to claim he isn't a good player is ridiculous.

He's more creative than 95% of our squad. I'd say Kane, Ndombele and maybe Lo Celso are the only players more likely to create goal scoring opportunities.

Plus he's more than likely to pop up and score goals himself when he's out there.

People can't get over the fact that he's missed quite a bit of playing time through injury and he was supposed to be our 'new Bale'

No one, it turns out, could have replaced Bale. Until now of course.

The problem is you can remember the few times he does that and fail to see all the times he does release the ball quickly or how often he runs across the pitch reducing his passing options with ever touch. Like most sports football is a game of angles and his limitations reduce his passing options.

The problem is you can remember the few times he does that and fail to see all the times he does release the ball quickly or how often he runs across the pitch reducing his passing options with ever touch. Like most sports football is a game of angles and his limitations reduce his passing options.

Football is a game of numbers and results. His numbers are pretty damn good for a 'brick' and 'limited' player. You should try worrying about areas of the squad that are actually deficient.

Football is a game of numbers and results. His numbers are pretty damn good for a 'brick' and 'limited' player. You should try worrying about areas of the squad that are actually deficient.

I am particularly the midfield where apart from NDombele (who as yet hasn't produced quality on a consistent basis) we dont have a player who can break the line or create chances. It doesnt matter what I think you love him with all his faults and nothing will change your view.

Yeah. Better not do anything that is a bit out of the ordinary and exiting! Can't have any of that in football! Players like that ruin the game! That Ronaldinho bloke was a joke. Totally ruined any boring game by doing crazy stuff. And usually only with his left peg! How dare he! He should play an easy back pass with his weaker foot instead!
I'm confused. Ronaldinho was both primarily right footed but also again so good with his primary foot that there are no criticisms to be made and then on top of that he was again very good with his weaker foot. These are terrible comparisons. [emoji30]

Maradona, Messi, Ronaldinho and .....Lamela. [emoji52][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

If they guy hadn't scored a rabona goal in a banter game against Asteras no one would mention his right foot.
Bale scored 58 goals for us. 5 of those 58 were right footed. It's normal.
Lamela can score with his right.

6:11

If they guy hadn't scored a rabona goal in a banter game against Asteras no one would mention his right foot.
Bale scored 58 goals for us. 5 of those 58 were right footed. It's normal.
Lamela can score with his right.

6:11

You're totally missing the point. He has 16 goals in 155 appearances for us, he can barely score with his left foot let alone his right.

The complaints are mainly that due to his inability to use his right foot he passes up good passing opportunities because the angle of pass does not suit his left peg and he basically refuses to use his right hence the talk of his crab like play and left angled run into cul-de-sacs.

My own complaint is that he hogs the ball for too long and misses opportunities because he overrates his dribbling ability. I'm sure you disagree and think he's a fantastic dribbler so I guess we'll leave that there but there is a reason he rarely starts for us beyond the injury concerns, the same reason he's never had any serious interest in him. He just has not reached the standard with either foot that was expected of him.

He is now a defensive AM which has its uses. [emoji2379]

Back