• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

For me the difference is actually a little clearer

- Zaha is what he is, decent level PL player capable of disrupting a game and will occasionally chip in with a goal (I would not swap him because an AM that puts in 4-6 goals a season is the last thing we need right now)
- Lamela will always be what could have been, perhaps if we can get a full season out of him it may change, but I remember a brief moment of Lamela, Eriksen and Dele interchanging that showed abilities Zaha simply doesn't have.
- He's also suffered from the same issue that's affected Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso, Lucas .. i.e. they have to cover defensively due to our lack of a DM, so he's become that fouler/disrupter (always had bite in him)

I stand by him being a much more talented player than most give him credit for, but injuries and the subsequent never having a run of 10 games in the side has killed that. Could we do better? sure, I think we could get a more consistent player but I also think that we could get a better player for 3 or 4 others in the squad first.

I think he will stay because Jose is trying very hard to change the attitude of the squad first and foremost.
Lamela does always attract a what could have been, there was a game early on in his tenure when I’d already wondered what type of player we had signed when he cut in and curled in an exquisite finish on his left foot from the edge of the box. Here we go I though, even if he is one footed he could be one of the those wingers that even though you know what they are going to do you can’t stop them. But he’s not done it since.
I’m not arguing that we need Zaha as a priority or there aren’t several others that I would be ushering towards the door, but for whatever merits Lamela’s talents I don’t find him a particular effective attacking player. And he’s injured a lot.
Zaha is a bit more than 4-6 goals, he would draw pressure away from the team that seems to be setting up to to play without the ball, he’s a physical presence and can create a goal out of nothing. Like I say if it was a straight swap it’s a no brainer for me, so we must be quite far apart on how bad you think he is and how bad I think Lamela is!
It wouldn’t surprise me if he does stay, as you say Mourinho seems to like him and I don’t see many suitors - if his role is to come on to help see a game out or start a big game to unsettle a superior team I see the merits. Who knows maybe Mourinho will find a way to get him through training as whatever I think of him he’s no use to us at all if he’s missing half the games.

I thought that he played well tonight. It's a shame that he misread the ball over the top from Winks in the second half

Was one of our better players, should have had a hattrick

- The miss from the Winks ball wasn't the bad one, it was the free header later (but Harry did his best to make him feel better by missing an easier header shortly after)

Was one of our better players, should have had a hattrick

- The miss from the Winks ball wasn't the bad one, it was the free header later (but Harry did his best to make him feel better by missing an easier header shortly after)
It showed his imitations because going for it with his left foot was never going to work,he needed to swing with his right due to the tragectory of the ball.

It showed his imitations because going for it with his left foot was never going to work,he needed to swing with his right due to the tragectory of the ball.
Wouldn't make it any easier. Probably more difficult, because you would lose sight of the ball earlier, as you'd need to turn your body more.

People still complaining about this guy. To quote the great, bleached, Ryan Babel: 'SMH.'

He's a great servant of the club, would run through walls for the team and is one of our longest serving players.

With limited game time, his stats are still comparable with many players fans pine after (Zaha et al) and they still want poor Erik gone.

It's a fudging outrage.

People still complaining about this guy. To quote the great, bleached, Ryan Babel: 'SMH.'

He's a great servant of the club, would run through walls for the team and is one of our longest serving players.

With limited game time, his stats are still comparable with many players fans pine after (Zaha et al) and they still want poor Erik gone.

It's a fudging outrage.

It's a fudging outrage.

It's not an outrage, this guy was once our record signing and been with us for almost 8 years and has not improved his right foot, my grandson who is 12 is left footed but has worked hard on his right foot and can easily take corners with his right foot. I expect him to work hard to improve his skills, if he showed half as much effort on that as he does with his work rate its should be doable

It's not an outrage, this guy was once our record signing and been with us for almost 8 years and has not improved his right foot, my grandson who is 12 is left footed but has worked hard on his right foot and can easily take corners with his right foot. I expect him to work hard to improve his skills, if he showed half as much effort on that as he does with his work rate its should be doable

Bore off.

You're one of those guys that would be complaining about Bale if you were a Real fan.
The likes of Messi and Maradona have no right foots.
No one went after our "record signing" Davidson Sanchez for his failure to be first choice.

Back