• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Someone must have slipped in an extra r in editing, good PR work for once

3 - Who is the biggest joker in the squad?
Erik: “Serge Aurier.”

In seriousness, I hope this extended break does Erik the world of good. Presumably he'll be on a personalised regime and when we get back to it he can make a case for a new contract because unless there's a change in fortune (rather than effort as no one is doubting that side of him) it's tough to see a future other than leaving on a free, or a paltry fee prior to that.

Someone must have slipped in an extra r in editing, good PR work for once

3 - Who is the biggest joker in the squad?
Erik: “Serge Aurier.”

In seriousness, I hope this extended break does Erik the world of good. Presumably he'll be on a personalised regime and when we get back to it he can make a case for a new contract because unless there's a change in fortune (rather than effort as no one is doubting that side of him) it's tough to see a future other than leaving on a free, or a paltry fee prior to that.
Doesn’t he have a reasonably long contract already?

And this is the danger time for Lamela... trining time. He gets injured in training much much much more often than he does playing a game

Doesn’t he have a reasonably long contract already?

And this is the danger time for Lamela... trining time. He gets injured in training much much much more often than he does playing a game

I might be wrong mate but I thought he was on the list of having a year left this summer.

Hmm, if that's the case there's definitely something going wrong there. But then it is usually after a run of games where he gets in to a goal / assist every 120 mins or so and suddenly drops off the map. It is sad to say but I completely want him gone, from our perspective we know we can't rely on him and from his, it's been a long old time of it not quite happening so hope he can be another club's hero rather than a no show...

I might be wrong mate but I thought he was on the list of having a year left this summer.

Hmm, if that's the case there's definitely something going wrong there. But then it is usually after a run of games where he gets in to a goal / assist every 120 mins or so and suddenly drops off the map. It is sad to say but I completely want him gone, from our perspective we know we can't rely on him and from his, it's been a long old time of it not quite happening so hope he can be another club's hero rather than a no show...

I also think we should put him the shop window when everyday life returns to some semblance of normality. Some club in Spain or Italy will probably take a punt on him. It would be bad business to offer him another contract extension given his injury problems.

We have carried injury prone players in the past. Ledley of course had his injury nightmares but he was an almost once in a generation talent, a game changer who made journeymen like Dawson and Bassong play like 8/10 defenders more often than not. It was worth having him around for his ability and the lift he gave the supporters whenever the announcers read his name out for the teamsheet. You can also set your watch by a Kane injury every season now. But he’s another freak. He may look rusty every time he comes back but he still scores goals and looks dangerous.

As much as I admire Lamela’s tenacity and work ethic, I’m just not sure his end product is good enough for us to keep around especially considering our wage bill to turnover is only around 39%. He’s not the biggest earner but at the same time it’s not free money either.

Neither is Kane, Son, Dele, Dier, Lloris, or anyone else. Better get rid of them all. Take a look back at the biggest games and moments in the last 6-7 years. It's amazing how many of the goals Lamela has been involved in, in those big games.

Yeah but the players you listed are all better and more important than Lamela, with the exception of Dier perhaps. Kane and Son get injured but still score 20+ goals. Alli chips in with his share. Lamela hasn’t managed 10 league goals once in 7 seasons as an attacking midfielder. Some players you can afford to carry even if they are injury prone like Ledley or Kane but Lamela is miles off that level.

Back