• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Fella needs to do one. Very good player but you cant rely on someone who is fit for one game in 8. Waste of space and holding us back.

The bot will track down you down Sarah Connor style for such blasphemy!

It's a conflicting one for me, obviously he's not injured on purpose and has gone through some tough times family wise + settling in and language issues. There is no logic in being annoyed at someone being injured (unless the injury is caused by stupidity..) but I still find myself feeling that way.

It's coming to that squeaky bum time on the contract situation and it's hard to classify the signing as anything other than a failure, albeit an unfortunate one. Don't get me wrong, I love the comedy moments and the characteristics he often displays (that are often missing in others..) and appreciate that he has contributed in a footballing capacity. It's just nowhere near enough considering the levels he reached at Roma....

The difficulty will be that if he's not fit a club won't sign him so it's likely that he'll be around till the end of his contract. You know we'll see him tear it up when he goes. So many annoying little points about the whole situation.

Whilst I love Lamela’s never say die attitude he is sadly just too injury prone to continue taking up a spot in squad and as he turns 28 on Wednesday it’s surely best all round for him to move to a less demanding league where he might at least enjoy the twilight of his playing career.

Son has racked over 1000 more league minutes than Lamela despite being with us for 3 fewer seasons and missing big chunks of fixtures whilst away on international duty; trying to win exemption from military service.

CB18B60B-81C7-48F3-B447-D16D9868B223.jpeg 70BDA48C-9567-49EE-BD3C-215DBB3765FD.jpeg

He’s the South American Jack Wheelchair minus being a huge douche off the pitch. Works hard, bit of a cheap shot artist (in a good way for us) on the pitch, has talent but doesn’t hurt the opposition enough in terms of end product. Was a no brainer when we kept Ledley around and did everything we could to get him on the pitch any way we could because he was THAT good. Lamela doesn’t fall into that category.

Fella needs to do one. Very good player but you cant rely on someone who is fit for one game in 8. Waste of space and holding us back.

Tend to agree, he is taking up a squad place for very little game time. Biggest problem we may have if we sell him is who will be willing to spend a bit on a player who is always injured ( or seems that way).

Back