• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Re: Kyle Walker to Chelsea

If Bale is on the right of a 3 then Walker could play a vital role. Personally i think he was turbo brick last season but i'm definitely intrigued to see how he will do if told by AVB to provide width often.

Maicon has never struck me as a player who can defend, he's a marauding fullback who is far more effective going forward.

I'd give Walker at least another season, if he still can't remove the lapses in concentration and learn to defend properly at 24 it's unlikely he ever will. The jury is still out for me but there is still the possibility he could develop into an excellent player although that he really needs to show some major developments in his all round game over the coming months.

As a genuine question (not in anyway having a dig), but is that just a lazy misconception based on the fact he's Brazilian, looks good going forward and got skinned by Bale in that game?

Again, a genuine question, rather than me knowing the answer to support a point. Wasn't he the starting right back under Mourinho when they won two Serie A's and the Champions League? Would Mourinho have a player in his back four who can't defend?

Maicon has never struck me as a player who can defend, he's a marauding fullback who is far more effective going forward.

I'd give Walker at least another season, if he still can't remove the lapses in concentration and learn to defend properly at 24 it's unlikely he ever will. The jury is still out for me but there is still the possibility he could develop into an excellent player although that he really needs to show some major developments in his all round game over the coming months.

Another season at the very least imo.

Top class full backs are hard to find and modern full backs have to be among the most complete players around I think. Although he will be 24 next summer he only just turned 23 meaning that what we've seen of him so far has been at 22 at the oldest. Plenty of room to develop and improve.

His attitude seems spot on, I think he will improve considerably.

As a genuine question (not in anyway having a dig), but is that just a lazy misconception based on the fact he's Brazilian, looks good going forward and got skinned by Bale in that game?

Again, a genuine question, rather than me knowing the answer to support a point. Wasn't he the starting right back under Mourinho when they won two Serie A's and the Champions League? Would Mourinho have a player in his back four who can't defend?

If Mourinho is the basis of the argument, couldn't the same be said about Walker if the reported interest from Chelsea (reason for this thread) is real. Would Mourinho want him if he didn't have the potential to develop into a very good player?

If Mourinho is the basis of the argument, couldn't the same be said about Walker if the reported interest from Chelsea (reason for this thread) is real. Would Mourinho want him if he didn't have the potential to develop into a very good player?

I see what you're saying, but that's why I said "I can't believe Chelsea would be interested in Walker".

If he signs for Chelsea, then sure, the Maicon comparison would be unusual, but until then, the question remains re. Maicon.

I see what you're saying, but that's why I said "I can't believe Chelsea would be interested in Walker".

If he signs for Chelsea, then sure, the Maicon comparison would be unusual, but until then, the question remains re. Maicon.

I don't watch the Serie A much, so I haven't watched Maicon that much, but from what I've seen he's not a great defender.

What is important to remember about Mourinho is that it's about team organization, not just the skill of the individual player with him. Maicon got ripped apart by Bale over two legs because Inter didn't give him any protection. IIRC in the game at WHL they started some young kid on the right flank that did very little tracking back, leaving Maicon isolated against Bale, there's not a full back in the world that wouldn't struggle at least to some extent in that situation to be fair.

Mourinho probably rarely let that happen to Maicon, makes a massive difference.

Either way Maicon is probably completely unrealistic because of his wage demands, can't see us going there at all and I wouldn't want us to.

I'm not going to say I watch Maicon week in week out, but he's been around European football for a number of years now, but having seen him play for Inter it would be fair I think to say his best work over the years has been done in the oppositions half. Of course he can defend to a standard but in the Inter team under Mourinho he played two holding midfielders in Cambiasso and Zanetti allowing Maicon to do what he did best and overlap the inside forwards. My original response to you was that you wanted someone who could defend properly and just give the ball to Bale, in my opinion that would not only waste Maicon's greatest assets I also believe defending is not one of them.

If Bale is on the right of a 3 then Walker could play a vital role. Personally i think he was turbo brick last season but i'm definitely intrigued to see how he will do if told by AVB to provide width often.

He at least improved in the last 3 months of the season. He was probably one of our better players towards the end of the season. But before that I was pretty much done with seeing him in the team. Credit to him for turning my opinion of him around to some degree. He's still very young, and as long as he has a good attitude towards learning then his future can be bright.

He at least improved in the last 3 months of the season. He was probably one of our better players towards the end of the season. But before that I was pretty much done with seeing him in the team. Credit to him for turning my opinion of him around to some degree. He's still very young, and as long as he has a good attitude towards learning then his future can be bright.

That's one thing his future won't be!

Is there any basis to this story whatsoever other than bookmakers' odds from a month ago, and one so-called "news report" picking up on those odds? Why is this thread five pages long?

Think it all stems from Mourinho's reputed interest when he was at Madrid, with the media continuing the connection

Big year for Kyle. Personally I think he's the best right back in the Premiership. Pace to burn. I expect he'll up his level to secure a World Cup spot

Really loved Kyle Walker when he came back from Villa and had a fantastic season 2011-2012 but most of last season and so far this season he's been terrible.. I think he's got a small brain cause he never ever picks the right option and some of those fouls he gave away last season. Hasnt kicked on for me.

I'm really hoping that Kaboul gets the nod ahead of him in the NLD, i think Kaboul is awesome at right back.

Don't think Walker has a very good football brain. He's a prime example of English scouts looking for power and pace rather than skill and intelligence. His pace gets him out of trouble because his positioning leaves a lot to be desired. Having said that, going forward he can be a serious threat if he improves his final ball so I wouldn't give up hope on him just yet.

Back