• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

In fairness to Hutton he was very good when we first signed him, then he quite quickly went to absolute turd.

Walkers an athelete, and a very good one. He's relied on his pace to bail him out his entire life and therefore his football brian/defensive positioning is lacking. He may improve on it, he may not but it is much more difficult to turn and athelete into a footballer than the other way round.

If he knuckles down, realises the faults in his game and works hard on fixing them he could become a great full back. At the moment he is far from it.

I just didn't like Hutton as a person, or a player. Was thrilled we got ?ú4m for him.

Wasn't quick. Wasn't good at attacking, just reasonably good at running. Poor crosser. Poor passer. No real understanding of the game. Couldn't link up with Lennon at all. Couldn't mark. Couldn't tackle. Couldn't position himself.

?ú4m was a fudging rip-off. Would have been happy to see us pay someone to take him off our hands.

People are being too harsh on Walker here imo. Also, hasnt anyone noticed that he is carrying an injury. He could hardly walk against i think it was Arsenal at the end of the match yet stayed on. His loss of form has coincided with this injury and the fact that he has to keep playing through it because we have no adequate back. Give him time and a fair crack of the whip.

Why do these threads only pop up when we're not playing well or losing games?
Frustrations boil over and people feel the need to type utter flimflam to deal with it.

To suggest that Walker is the weak link in a defence which has been littered with mistakes from King and Kaboul is madness.
Kaboul has looked like the player we bought in 2006 and King's lack of pace was severely exposed v arsenal. BAE hasn't been covering himself in glory recently either has he?

Why pick on walker? He didn't get outpaced by walcott or turned by osman or lose Rooney at a corner!

Frustrations boil over and people feel the need to type utter flimflam to deal with it.

To suggest that Walker is the weak link in a defence which has been littered with mistakes from King and Kaboul is madness.
Kaboul has looked like the player we bought in 2006 and King's lack of pace was severely exposed v arsenal. BAE hasn't been covering himself in glory recently either has he?

This. Well done K.

Why pick on walker? He didn't get outpaced by walcott or turned by osman or lose Rooney at a corner!

Personally, I think Kyle Walker is one of the most overrated footballers in the league. But he can only improve surely?

Actually he did.

But I agree on the whole, typical reactionary threads.

Walker is a good RB but he needs to learn from Corluka in terms of positional sense.

Corluka's mind + Walker's physical attribrutes = OMG.

I dont think he is brick and I do get excited when I see him on the ball BUT he isnt a very good footballer BUT will also improve for sure.

His power of recovery and his ability to recover from situations that only his pace can save him is immense and has helped him a number of times. thats why he looks better than what he actually is.

It's his first full season in the Premier League, if he didn't make mistakes it would be a miracle.

It's his first full season in the Premier League, if he didn't make mistakes it would be a miracle.

Agreed, and if he was making a couple of bad mistakes every few games then fine. He makes several a match, and normally they come thick and fast after his first major fudge up. He just goes to pieces.

He won't improve. I had this argument on here for years about Anthony Gardner and always had the standard retort trotted out "He's young, he'll learn etc". He was comparitively brick then and it was obvious he was always going to be brick. Walker's better than Gardner, but not by much.

Agreed, and if he was making a couple of bad mistakes every few games then fine. He makes several a match, and normally they come thick and fast after his first major fudge up. He just goes to pieces.

He won't improve. I had this argument on here for years about Anthony Gardner and always had the standard retort trotted out "He's young, he'll learn etc". He was comparitively brick then and it was obvious he was always going to be brick. Walker's better than Gardner, but not by much.

Couldnt disagree more

ffs this place has been full of complete garbage since the last three games, now suddenly all of our players are either overrated or were brick to begin with :rolleyes:

Kyle walker reminds me a lot of Glen Johnson. Good going forwards and athletically, but not a great defender. He is still young of course, plenty of time to improve.

He has been excellent considering its his first season. Has a fair bit of improving to do though

ffs this place has been full of complete garbage since the last three games, now suddenly all of our players are either overrated or were brick to begin with :rolleyes:

I've always thought Ekotto and Kaboul were poor. And my mind has been made up about Walker not based on the last three games, but over the course of this season.

Back