• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

It will be interesting to see how Poch adapts as we have more money. He's shown himself to be flexible and a learner so far, but if he really is the new Fergie he will have to change a little as the stature of our club changes.

Right now we have a perfect strategy for where we are as a club, but when we have the new stadium that will need to be altered. We may pay our players higher wages to stay, which means their primary motivation won't just be to learn, they will need a little more freedom. When our strategy needs to alter, it will be interesting to see if he's the perfect coach for us as he is now.

He kept Soton on a par with where Poch had got them to, whereas Guardiola has taken City backwards from Pelligrini

Come on, man. You know as well as I how much bull this is. Our performances under Guardiola have been a level above Pellegrini's final season.

Remarkable how much Guardiola is seemingly underrated here. Reactionary 21st century football, I suppose.

I would say that is correct. Walker would start if fit and was an important part of the side rather than a squad player.
Question of definition I suppose. For me a key player is different to an important player.
Come on, man. You know as well as I how much bull this is. Our performances under Guardiola have been a level above Pellegrini's final season.

Remarkable how much Guardiola is seemingly underrated here. Reactionary 21st century football, I suppose.
Might be a vocal minority kind of thing. And not that many Spurs fans will be bothered to argue against that when it's a manager for another team.

It will be interesting to see how Poch adapts as we have more money. He's shown himself to be flexible and a learner so far, but if he really is the new Fergie he will have to change a little as the stature of our club changes.

Right now we have a perfect strategy for where we are as a club, but when we have the new stadium that will need to be altered. We may pay our players higher wages to stay, which means their primary motivation won't just be to learn, they will need a little more freedom. When our strategy needs to alter, it will be interesting to see if he's the perfect coach for us as he is now.
Yes Poch will need to learn how to manage with more money. And get instant success too as the fans demand it. He's got to learn to be like.... Pep? Lol

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Give me a billion pound to spend on players and I could manage a team to win the EPL and CL

Guardiola has never done a job as impressive as Poch has done 3 times - completely revving the fortunes of Espanyol, Soton and us on very little resource (currently about minus £54m net spend).
Have you managed people who know they are best in the world at what they do? Neither has Poch, so you have something in common there :)

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Yeah if he is still here then it will be a new enviroment for him to work in so will effectively be learning on the job - I hope we afford him the time to do so

People will always be skeptical of managers who have only managed the very richest clubs in the game - he obviously does the business when there are few obstacles to building teams exactly how he wants them - but not all managers are afforded that luxury

Sounds like we are going in hard for this Porto right back.

Makes the sale of Walker all the more bizarre. One of the few ways I could get my head around it was if he was viewed as blocking KWP progression, but now from what I read we are buying this 23 year old Porto player and will look to loan KWP.

Very strange and perhaps an indictment on KWP as we will now have Trippier and this 23 year old long term, so how does KWP get a look in.

Has a physio gone to Levy and said sell Walker now as his body is about to combust? Doubt it.

Poch should have put an arm around Walker, been a manager and resolved their differences.

Now we have this unknown guy coming in, sidelining KWP long term and have strengthened a direct rival.

This transfer makes more sense by the day.

I hope if we sign you, your interview would be ' I'm really hoping we don't go for the league, but what would make me happy is a efl cup or fa cup winners medal so when a world record bid and a 220,000 + wages offer comes in I can hold that medal up and say, no chance'

I'll be honest mate, that had me laughing my guts out for a solid minute. :p

To answer your flippant hope, if I ever sign for Spurs, you could offer me a supertanker filled with nothing but vaults of cash, high-end call girls and blow, and my answer would be the same, every single time...

tenor.gif

:p

Back