• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

He had a good game, made a couple of mistakes but show me a young player that doesn't make mistakes. Especially one with so little first team experience. Its a learning and development phase and at this stage, I liked a lot about his performance and think he could be an excellent right back if he continues to develop as would be expected.

I correctly guessed that he would play. As I said earlier, never trust a manager who says a player will/won't start. A manager won't let on team about which players will start, so as to keep cards close to chest. Especially when, as Pochettino did, he wants to keep pressure off young players by keeping them away from the spotlight.

Ahead of next weekend,I am happy that Hazard is injured, and Pedro suspended. Either playing against Walker Peters would be a lot harder challenge. Think any weaknesses in his game would have been exposed. But with those two injured, I'd trust in Walker Peters, recognise his strong showing today, and select him again for the Chelsea match.

He had a good game, made a couple of mistakes but show me a young player that doesn't make mistakes. Especially one with so little first team experience. Its a learning and development phase and at this stage, I liked a lot about his performance and think he could be an excellent right back if he continues to develop as would be expected.

I correctly guessed that he would play. As I said earlier, never trust a manager who says a player will/won't start. A manager won't let on team about which players will start, so as to keep cards close to chest. Especially when, as Pochettino did, he wants to keep pressure off young players by keeping them away from the spotlight.

Ahead of next weekend,I am happy that Hazard is injured, and Pedro suspended. Either playing against Walker Peters would be a lot harder challenge. Think any weaknesses in his game would have been exposed. But with those two injured, I'd trust in Walker Peters, recognise his strong showing today, and select him again for the Chelsea match.

I think that Trippier gets picked if he is fit but would have no worries about selecting KWP if he isn't ready.

I think that Trippier gets picked if he is fit but would have no worries about selecting KWP if he isn't ready.

I read reports that Trippier is out until September, though how true those reports are, we'll see. I'll be surprised if he's back this quickly.

He made a few mistakes, and Atsu had quite a bit of joy down his flank. If Gayle wasn't flagged offside, he would have conceded a penalty for that first-half challenge as well.

But, despite all that...the lad did well. First game, away to a tough, physical side set up to frustrate us and hit down the flanks....and he handled it well for a lad his age, with no first-team experience to speak of whatsoever. Got forward well, picked his moments, and played it short and simple when receiving the ball.

I don't expect he'd be quite as good put up against some of the sides we're going to face this season, but he's started off well. Does that mean we now *don't need* a new right-back? I don't quite think so. But, nonetheless, he started well, and perhaps deserves to keep his spot when we play Chelsea.

I don't expect he'd be quite as good put up against some of the sides we're going to face this season, but he's started off well. Does that mean we now *don't need* a new right-back? I don't quite think so. But, nonetheless, he started well, and perhaps deserves to keep his spot when we play Chelsea.

Personally I dont think we need to sign a RB now. If we tie up Sanchez (a right sided CB who could cover RB) then I'd give Trippier this season to prove that he can step up to being of the same standard as Walker once he's the regular starter, and also give KWP the chance to establish himself as the alternative. We then have Dier and Sanchez as back-ups for injuries or if Trippier or KWP don't perform. Then re-assess whether we need to blow £20m - £30m on a RB next summer.

If we spend that on a RB now that we limit whereas we can strengthen and also risk being over-loaded with RBs

Agree with this but would still worry that Willian would run him ragged.

Personally I dont think we need to sign a RB now. If we tie up Sanchez (a right sided CB who could cover RB) then I'd give Trippier this season to prove that he can step up to being of the same standard as Walker once he's the regular starter, and also give KWP the chance to establish himself as the alternative. We then have Dier and Sanchez as back-ups for injuries or if Trippier or KWP don't perform. Then re-assess whether we need to blow £20m - £30m on a RB next summer.

If we spend that on a RB now that we limit whereas we can strengthen and also risk being over-loaded with RBs
Personally i think that Trippier should keep the RB spot...for me personally i dont think he has anything to prove to me. ccertainly not in this formation that we play

he did but still would have been a penalty IMHO.

Not "would" but 'might' is more accurate?

Referees though are on a hiding to nil, with all the cheating little bricks like Luis Suarez as seen in last nights in copa del rey first leg.

Yes. I'd start with our best available 11 which means Eriksen and Dele behind Kane, with Wanyama in midfield and Dier back in defence. We can bring Son on for the final twenty when they are on their last legs.
I totally get where you're coming from but I'd be more tempted to leave out Dier who has been a bit iffy of late and go with Son in a 4-2-3-1.

Get your new Kyle Walker here - now with added Peters.

Comes with free £50million voucher

Extended best before date

Google-approved.

Three at the back gives us a little more defensive stability and cover for KWP. He did well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine but Chelsea is a far bigger test.
Yep, Morata and Willian looked rather dangerous and if KWP plays he would surely be targeted.

Back