• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

I would not have advised him to sign a new contract..............neither of the other two right backs have provided any consistency.
He is right to stay at Spurs. Look at a host of other players that left, dropped down a level to Swansea or Everton or Spam and can never get back to the level of WHL.

He should stay and fight, what better place to show Poch that you are ready?

Fair to say Trippier was hardly pulling up any trees at the weekend, but that said - with Llorente playing pin point crosses could be crucial.

I think Id rather Trippier putting them in than KWP.

Llorente was given two perfect pin point crosses from the left yesterday and screwed up both of them, the issue is not who provides the cross it is Llorente failing to get his brick together

Llorente was given two perfect pin point crosses from the left yesterday and screwed up both of them, the issue is not who provides the cross it is Llorente failing to get his brick together

Thats the worst Llorente has ever played.

If he was at the level of performance he has shown for us otherwise he would have buried both.

Trippier offers better delivery than KWP, specifically the sort of delivery our only striker works well from. Its a no brainer.

I have been saying it since the summer that we have missed a trick not sending him on loan to get regular first team football.

Including substitute appearances he has only played 5 league matches for us, 15 in all competition, and in a couple of months time he turns 22. On the right he is behind both Trippier and Serge Aurier and occasionally Sissoko, while on the left he now appears to behind Rose, Davies and Jan who unlike Kyle are all naturally left footed players.

i honestly think he has a very high ceiling on the right but he needs a run of games to develop his game.

Last edited:
Unless he was genuinely adept on either flank it’s gong to be difficult for KWP to get the run of games he needs to stake his claim. Next season is a crossroads for him - for me the choices are - get promoted to 2nd choice which, a season long loan to a prem club to try and have a walker at Villa or Rose at Stoke season which could enable him to return as 2nd choice or the club cash in on his potential and he makes a move, possibly to a top club in the championship. He reminds me of Naughton, who I never thought was bad but just not quite good / physically imposing enough to make himself first choice for us and has gone to have a successful career as a regular prem player at a smaller club.

It’s also a popular opinion that right back is an area where even our first choice is an area we can improve on, so the current situation probably represents KWP’s best chance of ever breaking through.

I thought his recovery from the mistake at Barca was actually a positive but it must be so difficult for players when they have infrequent appearances where a quiet game with no incident is still a good game but not seen as enough to warrant dropping the incumbent who may be playing at a similar level on a regular basis.

Unless he was genuinely adept on either flank it’s gong to be difficult for KWP to get the run of games he needs to stake his claim. Next season is a crossroads for him - for me the choices are - get promoted to 2nd choice which, a season long loan to a prem club to try and have a walker at Villa or Rose at Stoke season which could enable him to return as 2nd choice or the club cash in on his potential and he makes a move, possibly to a top club in the championship. He reminds me of Naughton, who I never thought was bad but just not quite good / physically imposing enough to make himself first choice for us and has gone to have a successful career as a regular prem player at a smaller club.

It’s also a popular opinion that right back is an area where even our first choice is an area we can improve on, so the current situation probably represents KWP’s best chance of ever breaking through.

I thought his recovery from the mistake at Barca was actually a positive but it must be so difficult for players when they have infrequent appearances where a quiet game with no incident is still a good game but not seen as enough to warrant dropping the incumbent who may be playing at a similar level on a regular basis.

I'd sell Trippier and promote him. I'd be happy to sell Aurier too but that may be too much change in a short period of time.

Unless he was genuinely adept on either flank it’s gong to be difficult for KWP to get the run of games he needs to stake his claim. Next season is a crossroads for him - for me the choices are - get promoted to 2nd choice which, a season long loan to a prem club to try and have a walker at Villa or Rose at Sunderland season which could enable him to return as 2nd choice or the club cash in on his potential and he makes a move, possibly to a top club in the championship. He reminds me of Naughton, who I never thought was bad but just not quite good / physically imposing enough to make himself first choice for us and has gone to have a successful career as a regular prem player at a smaller club.

Agreed.

Looks far more promising than was Naughton but is maybe still a tad lightweight for a top four WB berth. A couple more seasons, including as you suggest a one-year loan to a PL club, should do the trick.

I'd sell Trippier and promote him. I'd be happy to sell Aurier too but that may be too much change in a short period of time.
Aurier has improved form a low starting point and trippier has regressed from what I thought was a middling one and then became inflated due to a good WC. I too am indifferent about who we keep and would happily sell both. My preference for an incoming would be Wan Bissaka and usually I’d want at least one experienced head competing for a position but to be honest I’ve found both players to have an immaturity to their defensive decision making, Aurier moreso last season and Trippier this.

Aurier has improved form a low starting point and trippier has regressed from what I thought was a middling one and then became inflated due to a good WC. I too am indifferent about who we keep and would happily sell both. My preference for an incoming would be Wan Bissaka and usually I’d want at least one experienced head competing for a position but to be honest I’ve found both players to have an immaturity to their defensive decision making, Aurier moreso last season and Trippier this.

I think that both Trippier and Aurier are pretty average. It is a shame we didn't sell Trippier after the world cup when we could've got a fair whack more than he's worth.

2 years ago KWP was more highly thought of than Trent John Alexander-Arnold. The later gets a run in the team due to injuries and has never looked back. I fear if KWP does not get a run in the team soon he will have to move for the benefit of his career.

I agree with @milo that both Tripps and Aurier could go if need be. And I was advocating before the season that one should go and KWP upped to 2nd choice. I can understand why Poch wanted more time with Aurier. What is a worry, and considering that Poch is not shy on giving the youngsters a chance, is that the RB position is up for grabs with both Trippier and Aurier barely convincing anyone it should be them, I thought Poch would have given KWP a run and a chance to be the guy.

We should aim for a genuine 1st team starter, and could easily neutralise the cost with fees for Tripps and Aurier.

I think Aurier could improve more, and KWP of course, whereas Trippier has peaked and is on the way down. I'd try to move Trippier on and promote KWP to his spot.

Wan Bisaka would be better than all of them if we could swing that one.

Is KWP good enough though? Is he any better than those hot prospects Luke Young Alton Thelwell Tony Gardner Kyle Naughton Steve Caulker 2CV etc?

All 3 are decent attacking but shown lapses defensively. It's partly the system we play and their schizophrenic role. Attack, no defend! Attack-defend again. It will unsettle a defender. But Walker and Rose made it work. Davies is more conservative. If we sold all 3 RBs it wouldn't be a tradgedy. But we should recognise that Trippier and Aurier are very good. To push on though, it is an area we can improve.

KWP needs game to develop and find his style. But if he was better than Aurier and Tripper, make no mistake Poch would have played him.

But if he was better than Aurier and Tripper, make no mistake Poch would have played him.

Poch just rubber stamped on his contract extension. When KWP is played at Right back he plays well. But how many games as he got in that position? 5? 6? He is constantly getting played over at left back. I for one wish that he would just get a good run in the right position and I think he could take the place. Aurier for me is a decent player, but nothing special. Trippier's defending leaves a lot to be desired. He has regressed as a deliverer of the ball into the box as well. One of them 100% needs to go. For me it would be Aurier! Him and Tripps are about level for me, maybe Tripps is slightly ahead. So with Him being home grown that makes the choice even easier.

Poch just rubber stamped on his contract extension. When KWP is played at Right back he plays well. But how many games as he got in that position? 5? 6? He is constantly getting played over at left back. I for one wish that he would just get a good run in the right position and I think he could take the place. Aurier for me is a decent player, but nothing special. Trippier's defending leaves a lot to be desired. He has regressed as a deliverer of the ball into the box as well. One of them 400% needs to go. For me it would be Aurier! Him and Tripps are about level for me, maybe Tripps is slightly ahead. So with Him being home grown that makes the choice even easier.

I think Poch is managing him well. For all the love on here, KWP has a few mistakes in him. It hasn't cost us. But if it did, this place would be in melt down. He needs to refine his game, which he is doing. But I agree he needs games to kick on, maybe with us. But Poch clearly believes Tripper is the better option at the moment.

Back