• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

I want to see more defensive action from KWP before deciding if he’s good for the first team. Trippier creates chances too, I think though that he’s just terrible right back in a 4 man defence as he makes too many mistakes. If KWP can also prove that the defensive elements of his game are strong then he’ll deserve to be starting regularly.

Life is all about evolution... At this stage, I agree that it is probably risky to play KWP against a top 6 team; however I see him as a perfect player for the much larger proportion of games where we play the likes of Burnley who take the pitch with the sole intention of parking the bus. He is already as good as Trippier and Aurier at stretching play and timing runs behind the fullback. And speaking of mistakes... I don't think either of those two can say they haven't made their share of f**k ups this season!

I do love how in the space of 45 minutes we’ve gone from “hes never going to be good enough, sell him”, to “lets sell England’s right back and our other international newish right back signing to put KWP in” :D

I don't think many people said sell Tripp. Aurier, on the other hand....

@ricky2tricky4city

Maybe my browser shows different things to yours?...

Him and Serge our RBs and sell Trippier

I think Trippier is coming to that age where selling him for (hopefully a nice profit) while his stock is high is quite prudent.

Completely with you on that. We could get a decent price for him in the next year or so from the likes of West Ham, Leicester etc. I don’t think he’s consistently a top 4 player so may as well cash in and give KWP a chance to develop

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree. I think that we can afford to sell him and/or Aurier and promote KWP

Everyone was dire in that game. But harsh to include that one.

Trippier has been making at least 1/2 big mistakes a
Game this season by comparison

I don't think that he's a bad player, I just don't think that he is that good either. Trippier is very good at one thing, crossing, his defending is poor and he can't get past a man. I wouldn't be too worried about selling one or both.

If I was given the choice I’d sell trippier

For all his attacking prowess we concede so many more chances down his side when he plays

He would also go for a premium over Aurier

I agree but we would've got better money for him last summer.

He's good with the ball going forward but he cannot get past a man and cannot defend. He's not a bad player but I think it would be a good idea to cash in whilst his stock is still high.

It's not radical, but it might be too much upheaval in too short a time-period. I think letting Trippier go wouldn't hurt us much, given KWP's potential - but letting Aurier go would. And I think Serge has a lot more to give in general.

His best game for us so far ( imo), still to early to suggest he should be our number one RB but if he keeps improving then he is in with a shout. I would sell Trippier ( who as someone said earlier that his price would be fairly good), i still think Aurier has shown enough to get more games there.

I don’t get why we brought Aurier when we KWP who plays similarly but without the experience and so far the errors that we saw last season (but KWP cant be judged on 3/4 games)

What I will say is as I’ve said previous the majority of goals we concede and chances too come down our right

This season aurier has been solid IMO and has been a real benefit. Trippier has been a bit hit and miss but he has also got a legacy injury from the WC

I do think we have a habit of under rating our own and over rating other teams players still... I still go back to people saying we needed Kovacavic and Jorginho and they were better than any we had... well that’s clearly not the case judging by the agen we played against them and the respective positions of the clubs

I do love how in the space of 45 minutes we’ve gone from “hes never going to be good enough, sell him”, to “lets sell England’s right back and our other international newish right back signing to put KWP in” :D

Well I for one have always had faith in him since he impressed me in the under under 20 World Cup. Maybe because I tend to believe in giving our youngsters a little more time to prove their worth

Well I for one have always had faith in him since he impressed me in the under under 20 World Cup. Maybe because I tend to believe in giving our youngsters a little more time to prove their worth
As do I. Check back in this thread, and many of the other youth related threads.

I don’t get why we bought Aurier when we KWP who plays similarly but without the experience and so far the errors that we saw last season (but KWP cant be judged on 3/4 games)

What I will say is as I’ve said previous the majority of goals we concede and chances too come down our right

This season aurier has been solid IMO and has been a real benefit. Trippier has been a bit hit and miss but he has also got a legacy injury from the WC

I do think we have a habit of under rating our own and over rating other teams players still... I still go back to people saying we needed Kovacavic and Jorginho and they were better than any we had... well that’s clearly not the case judging by the agen we played against them and the respective positions of the clubs

Given that we will have to sell to buy, selling one of our first choice RBs and promoting KWP seems like an obvious option to me with limited impact on the quality of the squad.

How did KWP do defensively? I was unable to watch the game and naturally MOTD only really focused on attacking contribution.

Last couple of times Ive seen him he has looked shaky at the back.

KWP was thrust in very young after Walker left.
It would have been too much to ask him to take over from Walker and at that time Trippier was 50/50.
We needed a "statement" replacement (and surge had a big reputation - not dissimilar to Rabiot right now).
Trippier stepped up impressively. So we essentially had three RBs fighting for a spot.
So KWP has had to wait until now for his chance. He will be 22 next season, so Poch will have to make a choice in the summer.
Five months for three RBs to stake their claims.
None are safe.

I've always rated him since I saw him 5 or so years ago, but thought of him as a wide midfielder or wingback, he certainly needs to improve his defensive play.

Hasn't this season shown we can accomodate and benifit from all 3 of them? Didn't Poch play KWP at left back once or twice too?

Hasn't this season shown we can accomodate and benifit from all 3 of them? Didn't Poch play KWP at left back once or twice too?
We're about half way through the season and KWP has played 163 minutes. If we want him to push on and establish himself he'll have to get a lot more game time.

If we keep all three and give KWP a lot more game time I think chances are that one of the other lads grow unhappy with their game time.

Trusting young players with a real squad role, not just as a third choice backup/sub option has played a big role in our success so far under Pochettino imo. We should keep doing that. If Pochettino trusts KWP at that level is a different question.

We're about half way through the season and KWP has played 163 minutes. If we want him to push on and establish himself he'll have to get a lot more game time.

If we keep all three and give KWP a lot more game time I think chances are that one of the other lads grow unhappy with their game time.

Trusting young players with a real squad role, not just as a third choice backup/sub option has played a big role in our success so far under Pochettino imo. We should keep doing that. If Pochettino trusts KWP at that level is a different question.

All cool. Yet if we didn't have the 3 of them, we'd be trying to get through this busy period with just one player who couldn't rotate. And if need be they can fill in at left back too. KWP is also training with the first team every day, he will have targets, and there is an arguement (made by Poch previously) that he's at the best place to develop now.

Back