• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kranjcar

I'm just insulting him to try and mask my latent homosexuality and desire to be involved in sodomy with him.

It's the eyes.

tumblr_lj19csCCIm1qgrxdwo1_500.jpg

for me its was his passing and composure after so long out of the first team that was the cream.

i dont know but its like we've literally become perenial top 4 supporters over a few months of being in the top 4 alot. its not like that pass and move and pass again type game grows on trees. your midfield need to be in tandem with each , players need to show for the ball, open passing lane, and move the ball quickly. modric and niko actually went around looking for the ball and demanding the thing under all sorts of pressure and not losing their cool...just kept play ticking away

i thought yesterday was a fudging great performance.......for all intents and purposes liverpool, or at least a real version of them, should have humiliated us and forced us into error after error and should pressed us till we looked like we couldnt string 2 passes together....and yet somehow they couldnt. liverpool played better against city and man united (granted man united and city attacked them more but still)

that performance last night was hugely encouraging

and i cant believe this stuff about niko only being good for a team with their backs to the wall. how patronising for a player that seamlessly filled in for modric when he got injured for 4 months and helped us get 4th, playing good and dominating football.

but despite all this harry still favoured pienaar. weird

From my point of view it's not that he's ONLY good against teams with their backs to the wall, it's that he is PARTICULARLY well-suited to play against those teams (as pace becomes less useful and guile / creativity / flair become more useful). I'm not sure if what you wrote was a typo, but I think he's less well-suited to playing FOR a team with their backs to the wall, due to his lack of threat on the counter. Then again that's presuming he's playing wide; I think he could actually excel playing in VDV's position regardless of how attacking or defensive we're playing.

He's out of shape and it shows.

However ...

... apart from a killer, killer pass late on, his main contribution was defending, which he did well. Defending. As an attacking midfielder. Playing out of position.

That for me was great to see. Also, he has a great vision of play and he used that well to get in the way for Johnson and Bellamy and whole darn lot. Just great to see.

Because we had Niko I could not comprehend why we got Pienaar. Niko yesterday proved he could defend if he had to and more important he is more creative than Pienaar will ever be

From my point of view it's not that he's ONLY good against teams with their backs to the wall, it's that he is PARTICULARLY well-suited to play against those teams (as pace becomes less useful and guile / creativity / flair become more useful). I'm not sure if what you wrote was a typo, but I think he's less well-suited to playing FOR a team with their backs to the wall, due to his lack of threat on the counter. Then again that's presuming he's playing wide; I think he could actually excel playing in VDV's position regardless of how attacking or defensive we're playing.

actually yes it was a typo. actually it was a misread...i thought people said he was only good for playing in a struggling team...as opposed to playing against teams with THEIR backs against the wall.

but yesterday i think he showed he is just as good against good opposition

He needs to get some gloves, or to suck up having cold hands. Running around with his hands tucked inside his sleeves like an awkward teenage girl is simply not on.

Another good game from Niko and probably his best defensive showing since joining the club? Showed a real desire and determination I don't think we've seen from him in the past. Great to see and builds up on his most recent media comments about wanting to stay and fight for a place in the team. Seems to me that he has matured a bit.

I agree with most people here that he's at his best in matches where we dominate possession. But he showed that he can be useful in tougher games as well and that makes him a lot more valuable. Happy days.

if you're gay just say it. dont 'beat' around your 'bush'

but i agree , i dont understand why niko hasnt been playing. instead harry has gone with pienaar all this time. why?

this is the only upside to the pienaar sale, more playing time for nikooooo

can you imagine us in a 442 wonky with saha and ade up front? yeah baby .....

woohooooo.

Long live Niko...i still dont get how pienaar took his spot

woohooooo.

Long live Niko...i still dont get how pienaar took his spot

Happy for him, like him, love the first half. But Kranjcar is EASILY the weakest link. With Lennon we'd be even better (hard to believe)

But I agree, Pienaar getting in front of him is just bizarre!

Happy for him, like him, love the first half. But Kranjcar is EASILY the weakest link. With Lennon we'd be even better (hard to believe)

But I agree, Pienaar getting in front of him is just bizarre!

a good debate after the game mate. needless to say i dont think weakest link is the correct way to look at it

Kranjcar played pretty much perfectly today, any bad words against him will be met with pitchforks and fire.

On a more sensible note i think kranjcar was a much better choice for this game, we controlled possession and he is far better as simply passing the ball around and creating things then Lennon.

Lennon would still get my vote in a more open game, his pace make him such a danger on the counter.

I'm just happy we have the choice.

a good debate after the game mate. needless to say i dont think weakest link is the correct way to look at it

Haha, true. Very harsh from me. But I felt he didn't get into the game enough, could've (should've) have had hat trick and was the sloppiest in possession. He's a good option, but nothing on Lennon being there.

Agree with Spursalot. He is just so good with short passes, and playing one touch. Has also been impressive defensively lately.

A good performance from the guy, linked possession really well and covered a lot of ground while defending. With Pienaar and Townsend gone, he will get a lot more chances in the team, and I for one am fooking delighted with that. Guy's always been too talented to marginalize.

Also, VdV's a cracking lad, and one of the best players in this side, in my opinion. But if two up front works so well every time, then it may be no bad thing if he's injured.

Back