• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kranjcar

elltrev

Andy Sinton
Why has this guy not been playing more? I can't deny that I have a massive man-crush on him, in terms of both his sexy face and his sexy footballing style, but aside from my bias I really do think he should be playing more. Van Der Vaart has often been injured or playing poorly; why doesn't Niko come in as a like-for-like replacement?

Today wasn't really the ideal game for him, as arguably his biggest weaknesses - pace, stamina and defending - are perhaps the most important attributes required in a team that's looking to play defensively and counter-attackingly. But he defended really well, looked classy and tidy in possession, and put a phenomenal through-ball for Bale's late chance. In games where the other team is 'parking the bus', I would like to see Niko get a lot more playing time.

I echo your sentiments entirely, that ball for bale was terrific and he defended really well.

Still think long term we need another pacy winger especially if we get champions league but Niko can play a big part. He's such a classy player.

As you said, I'd rather play a fully fit Kranjcar than half fit VDV.

if you're gay just say it. dont 'beat' around your 'bush'

but i agree , i dont understand why niko hasnt been playing. instead harry has gone with pienaar all this time. why?

this is the only upside to the pienaar sale, more playing time for nikooooo

can you imagine us in a 442 wonky with saha and ade up front? yeah baby .....

Niko was excellent last night imo, but I think the main problem showed when he came off. He's a bit out of shape, and looked knackered.

Im glad he seems to want to stay, but Id like to see him in the gym (and the showers =P~) a bit more

He's out of shape and it shows.

However ...

... apart from a killer, killer pass late on, his main contribution was defending, which he did well. Defending. As an attacking midfielder. Playing out of position.

That for me was great to see. Also, he has a great vision of play and he used that well to get in the way for Johnson and Bellamy and whole darn lot. Just great to see.

Defensively Kranjcar was good last night. I can remember a few sliding tackles where he won the ball cleanly which frankly was a pleasant surprise. To see that commitment was fantastic as it shows he is now willing to do the dirty side of things too in order to get more playing time. I think it is fair to say that he is not strong in the defensive art and a tad lazy, and really that is why he doesn't get the time on the pitch. If he is willing to work at this 'weak' aspect to his game then he will get way more minutes on the pitch I have no doubt.

In saying that, Harry should really utilise his strengths more, not least of which is a stunning long range shot. For me he is the perfect player to have on the pitch for park-the-bus type teams. If he is released somewhat from his defensive responsibilities he could easily help us to unlock a stubborn opponent. He is not as mobile as some others but this is less an issue in matches where we dominate.

Glad he stayed and that Pienaar is gone.

Also, he has a great vision of play and he used that well to get in the way for Johnson and Bellamy and whole darn lot. Just great to see.
This. It's like how Carrick used to make more interceptions than just about any other Spurs player I've ever seen -- no need for tackling when you can intercept.

He definitely needs a bit of match fitness, but I can see him working very well in conjunction with a wandering Bale. What we have lost with Bale wandering, however, is the danger of the opposition RB getting sent off.

if you're gay just say it. dont 'beat' around your 'bush'

but i agree , i dont understand why niko hasnt been playing. instead harry has gone with pienaar all this time. why?

this is the only upside to the pienaar sale, more playing time for nikooooo

can you imagine us in a 442 wonky with saha and ade up front? yeah baby .....
what is your opinion of the Saha signing?

Top class player however not sure where he fits in for us. Would prefer us to have a like for like replacement for Bale and Lennon in a similar way to how Manure have Young, Nani and Valencia - it means that they dont have to change their shape if one is out injured and they can also rotate the three between PL and CL games.

Maybe Krancjar's future for us next season mainly lies in away games as a 3rd CM ahead of say Sandro and Parker if Modric was rested and with 2 proper wingers out side? While he did well last night in aspects where you dont usually expect him to excel (eg tackling, defensive work) there were times when we had 3 CMs staying relatively deep and only had Bale on one side and Ade up front as outlets rather than have a second winger stretching Liverpool's defence

If Krancjar had some pace he would genuinely be world class

Top class player however not sure where he fits in for us. Would prefer us to have a like for like replacement for Bale and Lennon in a similar way to how Manure have Young, Nani and Valencia - it means that they dont have to change their shape if one is out injured and they can also rotate the three between PL and CL games.

Maybe Krancjar's future for us next season mainly lies in away games as a 3rd CM ahead of say Sandro and Parker if Modric was rested and with 2 proper wingers out side? While he did well last night in aspects where you dont usually expect him to excel (eg tackling, defensive work) there were times when we had 3 CMs staying relatively deep and only had Bale on one side and Ade up front as outlets rather than have a second winger stretching Liverpool's defence

If Krancjar had some pace he would genuinely be world class

I would see him as more of a natural backup for VdV, he's got most of the same qualities, although granted he's not quite as good. Doesn't quite have the pace and can be a little lazy defending. But they both have that vision that makes them amazing, I'm not quite sure why Krancjar isn't played in this role slightly more due to all the problems vdv has with his hamstring.

For the pool game we didn't have 3 CM i thought, just that Modric was supposed to be playing in an AM role, yet when we defended he dropped back to make it much harder for liverpool to break us down. It worked, but it did leave us a little lacking in an attacking sense.

Looked tired in the second half but worked hard in the first helping defensively on numerous occasions. Was pinned back like the rest but still managed to retain a bit of possession at times and looked to start an attacking move when possible

Very, very useful player amongst our ranks - glad he didn't opt out last month

Last edited:
Good game from him, tired in the second half but gave a lot. Always looks like he has a goal in him and great pass for Bale.

For the record, there is nothing gay about wanting to share bed with Kranjcar. It's called Jesuslove.

Sent from the SH1773R using Crapntalk

Agree with OP he HAS to play more he is one of the few we have that can provide that special bit of magic to unlock teams with either a cutting pass or shot from distance. I would start him in place of Lennon for those home games where teams just sit back and park the bus because Lennon's pace is neutralized in those games anyway

Why he doesn't play? = simple -> VDV/Modric/Bale/Lennon

Why he hasn't been more of an option off the bench and in cup games? really don't know

Do know I would much perfer Krunchie as an option vs. Pienaar/Jenas/Bentley

Good game last night, where out of his favoured position, he worked hard, provided good passes and covered his duties defensively. Was tired towards the end, but so was most of the team.

Last edited:
My guess is that harry sees Kranjcar as a VDV replacement and having both of them on the pitch would slow things down alot.

Not sure I'd agree though as I think slowing the game down through the centre might be a good thing if we are more assured in possession and have more killer passes for bale and ade to feed on.

But I have to say hes' going to need a lot more matches before he gets anyway near match fit.

I would see him as more of a natural backup for VdV, he's got most of the same qualities, although granted he's not quite as good. Doesn't quite have the pace and can be a little lazy defending. But they both have that vision that makes them amazing, I'm not quite sure why Krancjar isn't played in this role slightly more due to all the problems vdv has with his hamstring.

For the pool game we didn't have 3 CM i thought, just that Modric was supposed to be playing in an AM role, yet when we defended he dropped back to make it much harder for liverpool to break us down. It worked, but it did leave us a little lacking in an attacking sense.

Maybe VDV is better than Niko, but IMO there's no doubt that Kranjcar is better on the ball, in terms of his ability to take players on. He's not quick but he's very skilful and has a quick / clever change of direction. Really hope he starts against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

My guess is that harry sees Kranjcar as a VDV replacement and having both of them on the pitch would slow things down alot.

Not sure I'd agree though as I think slowing the game down through the centre might be a good thing if we are more assured in possession and have more killer passes for bale and ade to feed on.

But I have to say hes' going to need a lot more matches before he gets anyway near match fit.

But he doesn't see him as a VDV replacement, as he never replaces him! Whenever VDV is subbed or injured Harry always brings in a second striker or 3rd central midfielder instead. Weird.

He's looked unfit all season, I don't know why he doesn't just sort it out if he wants to break into the team, what else has he got to do all week? Unless he has recently bought skyrim there is no excuse

too sexy a player to be a mere squad member

hopefully he finds a new home in the summer where he is part of the first team

Back