• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Konoplyanka: Back On?

SpurSF

Stephen Clemence
Potentially exciting news.... I guess the "Transfer Rumour" forum is dead, but I just saw these quotes and thought that it would bring a little respite from the doom and gloom.

IMO, this is the type of signing we need to be looking at. A young, ascending player who is adaptable, versatile, and makes an impact on games. Like Mourinho said, we can control the ball but lack cutting edge. There's nobody in our AM that really worries defenders, but Konoplyanka is just that kind of player IMO. Quick, strong, low centre of gravity, I think he'd be a great buy that would allow us to dispose of solid, but ineffectual attackers like Siggurdson, Lennon, Chadli, etc.

Would love to see this front six next season with players like Townsend and Soldado to come in.

----------Ade--------
Lamela-Eriksen-Konoplyanka
--Paulinho----Sandro-

Spurs have launched a fresh move for the Ukraine winger, according to the club's president - who would be happy to sell to the north Londoners

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk president Ihor Kolomoyskyi claims he is contact with Tottenham over the possible summer transfer of Yehven Konoplyanka and believes the player could sign a contract with the north Londoners soon.

Winger Konoplyanka was a January target for Liverpool, with chief executive Ian Ayre even flying out to Ukraine in an attempt to seal the deal on transfer deadline day.

Liverpool's bid failed though, with Spurs also showing an interest in the Ukraine international and the north Londoners are now moving to gazump their Premier League rivals once again.

And Kolomoyski claims he would rather sell Konoplyanka to Spurs – as London life is “preferable to Liverpool.”

"I have contact with the Tottenham president. I am talking with him,” Kolomoysky told Ukrainian TV channel '2+2' .

“He is interested in Konoplyanka. We are in the stage of negotiations and are perhaps close to signing a contract if Yehven agrees.

"I would choose Tottenham - London - not Liverpool. There are matches only once or twice a week, and at other times he will still need somewhere to live. I believe London life is preferable to Liverpool . "

Konoplyanka scored against Spurs in Dnipro's 1-0 victory in the Europa League earlier in the season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...lks-with-dnipro-over-konoplyanka?ICID=HP_HN_1

Swap Konoplyanka and Lamela in that formation you've got and that's a damn good front four.

heck no......Ukranians/Russians have all flopped over here. For gods sake just for once let Liverpool buy him

I'd take him in a shot, looked good against us...then again, thats not the greatest yardstick to measure anyones talent nowadays, we made half of the Norwich team look like Brazil

heck no......Ukranians/Russians have all flopped over here. For gods sake just for once let Liverpool buy him

Seems like a smart way to judge players! How many great Ivorians played in the Prem before Drogba? How many good Croats before Modric? How many good Bulgarians since Berba? How many good Belgians before the current crop?

The guy has done it in international, domestic, and European football. As a player, he is built for the Prem. If you don't like him as a player, fine, but writing him off because of his nationality is poor.

He looks good, but I wonder if he's perhaps a bit too direct, rather than has the guile we need?

I.e., more of a left-sided Townsend, than a Willian alternative.

Last edited:
He looks good, but I wonder if he's perhaps a bit too direct, rather than has the guile we need?

Every time I see him, he reminds me of someone like Hazard. He is short, but he has very strong legs and a low centre of gravity makes him tough to knock off the ball. I think he offers so much more than our current wingers, and his adaptability allows him to play across all three attacking positions. Also, he's a very clever player, and I think watching him, Eriksen and Lamela interchange would be fantastic.

Bi8zriuIEAANWo-.jpg

----------------(new striker)-------------------
Konoplyanka-------Lamela------------Townsend
-------------Eriksen----Sandro-----------------

Option of bringing in Dembele instead of Townsend with Lamela moving out wide in the bigger games, or playing Lamela as a central striker against teams who will play a high line against us. I like Ade's pace, strength and work rate, but I think this formation requires someone with real technical skill to really make it work.

----------------(new striker)-------------------
Konoplyanka-------Lamela------------Townsend
-------------Eriksen----Sandro-----------------

Option of bringing in Dembele instead of Townsend with Lamela moving out wide in the bigger games, or playing Lamela as a central striker against teams who will play a high line against us. I like Ade's pace, strength and work rate, but I think this formation requires someone with real technical skill to really make it work.

Soldado is the ideal technical striker with great movement to play in front of the likes of Lamela, Eriksen and Konoplyanka

Seems like a smart way to judge players! How many great Ivorians played in the Prem before Drogba? How many good Croats before Modric? How many good Bulgarians since Berba? How many good Belgians before the current crop?

The guy has done it in international, domestic, and European football. As a player, he is built for the Prem. If you don't like him as a player, fine, but writing him off because of his nationality is poor.

Rebrov, Shevchenko, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko, Arshavin

If it's even at all possible this signing is a must for me. I hope Liverpool aim higher, a more high profile signing. I think this guy will be phenomenal in the premier league. His confidence is incredible.

Rebrov, Shevchenko, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko, Arshavin

I know who those guys are, but I don't have any idea what they have to do with Konoplyanka. It's like saying Chelsea shouldn't sign Oscar because of Brazil's history of midfield flops in the Prem. It's just a simplistic view.

For the record, Sheva was a 30 years old and past his peak when he came to the Prem. If he would have come at 25, he would have torn it up here. Arshavin came at 28 and was actually very good in his first 2 seasons with the club. Zhirkov is a decent footballer, but he was never going to get in the team over a world-class (at the time) Ashley Cole.

Rebrov and Super Pav were obviously poor signings, but there are tons of forwards from a lot of different nations (even Brazil and Argentina) who scored a lot of goals in other league but didn't succeed in the Prem.

[video=youtube;Sba40Ids9yQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sba40Ids9yQ[/video]

Sensational. Imagine his form reinvigorates Lamela.

Konoplyanka, Erkisen and Lamela... Drool. Sh*t this is starting to feel like last summer lol

Whatever happened to Alen Halilović by the way?

Signed by Barcelona in January.

As to Konoplyanka, it is the kind of player we should be looking at, but I hope we do a lot of research into the guy. I thought he was good against us in Ukraine, but that was on his own patch on a horrific pitch that he is used to and we were not. I thought he failed to overly trouble us in the return leg, so I will reserve judgement if we buy him.

Hopefully its not another scouted by how they played against us .. that tended not to work out too well in the past.

Back