• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Klinsmann

mattls

Stephane Dalmat
Just wanted to get some feedback on what the forum think about Jurgen Klinsmann? Did we miss a trick not waiting til the end of the World Cup and not going for him as our next manager?

I've watched him develop as a manager in the last few years and you could see last night what he's done with the USA team and all the team fight for him 100%. I remember when he first took over as German national coact his side were a bit too cavalier but it seems his teams play with great skill and organisation.

I think the guy is a born winner, the only negative is that we've tried to bring tottenham legends back to the club such as Ossie and it's not worked.

He's not really a coach - he gets people in underneath him to do all the training ground work.

His one foray into club football was a monumental ****-up too - it took Bayern years to recover from his reign.

The job I'd love him to do is Greg Dyke's one - that was what he was fantastic at doing with Germany.

Whatever he's doing here is working. The players and fans have completely bought into it and would run through a wall for him

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

I think he's come on leaps and bounds from the Bayern experience. Remember, that is a club entrenched in it's ways…his work with the US set-up and side has been marvelous.

He's not really a coach - he gets people in underneath him to do all the training ground work.

His one foray into club football was a monumental ****-up too - it took Bayern years to recover from his reign.

The job I'd love him to do is Greg Dyke's one - that was what he was fantastic at doing with Germany.

You can't hold it against him because he had one failed experience, if everyone did that AVB would never get a job again.

Would've loved him to replace Sherwood and yes I think we did miss a trick. My concern would've been he could've done a 'Hoddle' but much like Glenn we'd still have loved him!

One day......

I don't think there's anyway Spurs really could have gotten him anyway. Unless he gets fired for not doing well in this WC (which he won't), there's no chance he leaves the U.S. He's pretty much American now, lives in Southern California and his kids are growing up there. Doubt he moves back to Europe for anything voluntarily at this point.

With Danny's ithcing trigger finger, we might only need to wait 18 months to approach him to be our next Manager anyway!

I'm always a bit uneasy about international managers translating it to club success.

I think they're two completely different environments.

I'm happy for him but wouldn't want him coaching Spurs - not Big Phil, Del Bosque, Hodgson, etc (maybe LVG or Capello though)

You can't hold it against him because he had one failed experience, if everyone did that AVB would never get a job again.

GB didn't hold it against him that he had one failed experience as a club manager. He said that was his only experience as a club manager, thus he has no successful spells as a club manager, I think that's fair.

I think he's come on leaps and bounds from the Bayern experience. Remember, that is a club entrenched in it's ways…his work with the US set-up and side has been marvelous.

What are you basing this on? The results and performances from the US team? Or something else?

Nope, Klinsmann can do one. Never forgiven him for saying we were not a big enough team for him to manage.

I don't think there's anyway Spurs really could have gotten him anyway. Unless he gets fired for not doing well in this WC (which he won't), there's no chance he leaves the U.S. He's pretty much American now, lives in Southern California and his kids are growing up there. Doubt he moves back to Europe for anything voluntarily at this point.

I noticed he's been singing the American national anthem at games. Never seen that before from a foreign national coach.

A lot of what is wrong with football in this country can be seen in the fact that someone like Greg Dyke is given the top job.

Not saying he isn't doing a great job, because he is, but it's in the American psyche to run through walls for your country.
Their not doing it for him, they're doing it for the good ole us of a.
It is unforgivable to wear the Stars and Stripes and not give everything.
Personally I think it's admirable.

no wins in something like 6 now .. team looks like dross

his decision not to take Donovan to WC was awful btw.

Back