• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit sponsorship comparisons

Modric THFC

Jimmy McCormick
Interesting feature I spotted on ESPN http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ish-premier-league-most-valuable-kits-2015-16

It compares the amount of sponsorship and kit maker money each club in the Premier League gets per season. United are so far ahead its ridiculous.

This all in US dollars.

CKggzTL.png

Im still suprised that using Man Uniteds as a basis that Abramovich and the Emirates Marketing Project lot dont just whack their sponsorship up to the same level to give them more space to buy players under FFP.

Why the new stadium don't mean **** any more in terms of bridging the gap financially.

Have to close it in steps. It won't close it completely, but the gap in matchday income that we have is around £60-£70m and that is controllable for us. I have no idea how much the NFL will bring in which is something the other teams won't have as well.

The gap with Man United is huge. Just goes to show how many shirts they must sell.

Why the new stadium don't mean **** any more in terms of bridging the gap financially.
Of course it will. Having the same capacity as le Scum will bring us close to them in matchday revenue. Then the next gap would be sponsorship, which at the moment stands at 40m. We can halve that with the NFL deal.

Dont forget that Man U make less in revenue from their stadium as they have cheaper tickets.

Of course it will. Having the same capacity as le Scum will bring us close to them in matchday revenue. Then the next gap would be sponsorship, which at the moment stands at 40m. We can halve that with the NFL deal.

Dont forget that Man U make less in revenue from their stadium as they have cheaper tickets.

Actually, I believe that Utd still have the highest match day revenues in England (and possibly the world).

Have to close it in steps. It won't close it completely, but the gap in matchday income that we have is around £60-£70m and that is controllable for us. I have no idea how much the NFL will bring in which is something the other teams won't have as well.

The gap with Man United is huge. Just goes to show how many shirts they must sell.

The only gamechanger is Champions League football... the new amount of matchday income or 60,000 seats will not change it.

The NFL will not bring in anything to us.. Enic will run it as two separate entities, look at the moving everything to a Bermuda property company as an example. OK that's wrong, the NFL will give us exposure.

And has been suggested, its only a matter of time City and Chelsea cook the books to bring themselves in line with UTD.

The only gamechanger is Champions League football... the new amount of matchday income or 60,000 seats will not change it.

The NFL will not bring in anything to us.. Enic will run it as two separate entities, look at the moving everything to a Bermuda property company as an example. OK that's wrong, the NFL will give us exposure.

I really don't agree. Champions League is a difference and that has a knock on effect to sponsorship. However, it will still make a difference! 35k capacity to 61k capacity is a huge difference, add in the increased corporate facilities and it's quite significant. I don't see how you can't see an increase to 61k would not lead to a significant increase in income?

With regards to the NFL, I guess we're going to have to wait and see. Everything hasn't been moved to a Bermuda property company. I believe the freeholds for the bits surrounding the stadium has been, but I am not sure on that. The stadium will be owned by Spurs, and so the revenue obtained from that will be.

Of course its a difference to what we currently have, but its not enough to bridge the gap.

Without Champions league, the mega money sponsorships don't happen, add to that the money from being in the champions league.. separates us to the likes of 150m from Chelsea. Stadium is not the difference because they too are building a 60k stadium. Arsenal and UTD have one.. and City will continue to cook.

What will happen is we will move away from the rest, putting us in line with Liverpool. Hoping one from the 4 drops from the Champions League.

Of course its a difference to what we currently have, but its not enough to bridge the gap.

Without Champions league, the mega money sponsorships don't happen, add to that the money from being in the champions league.. separates us to the likes of 150m from Chel53a. Stadium is not the difference because they too are building a 60k stadium. Ar5ena1 and UTD have one.. and City will continue to cook.

You're right. On it's own it will not bridge the gap, but it is a significant component and, is more controllable by us. What the club is doing is not relying on just one. Step by step will get us there. A new stadium and training complex will allow and help us to attract the better players that will get us to CL. That's the theory anyway!

As for being glass half empty (!!) others may perceive it being more realistic. As I said in an earlier post, I'm an eternal optimist.

The majority of people who will see the shirt sponsor will be watching on TV, but that doesn't change the fact that, as a sponsor, you will get much more exposure when the team you're sponsoring has 61,000 in the stands than 36,000. Shirt sponsorship is just one part of it, you'll be on the programmes, advertising boards, maybe the match tickets...that's even if they don't get naming rights to the entire stadium like Emirates/Etihad have.

More exposure = more value to a sponsor = more money we can get for future deals.

From that link our matchday income is 35m compared to 108 at Man United. So taking a rather simplistic approach to it. Doubling it for a 60k stadium to maybe 70m and then maybe some more from more extensive corporate additions. Gets us a lot closer.

Also our sponsorship income should increase with the new stadium. The exposure to the NFL will increase our naming rights price. And our shirt income.

Just to clarify this doesnt show shirt sales. Its just the money Adidas and Chevrolet pay them a year to have their name on the kit

Just to clarify this doesnt show shirt sales. Its just the money Adidas and Chevrolet pay them a year to have their name on the kit

Yes I realised that. I would just imagine that the Adidas' of this world would factor in how many shirt sales there would be (as one of the factors) when deciding how much they are going to pay Man United.

Back