• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

He's gone.

That last few seconds was quite ominous! Sketchy and uncomfortable answer about next year, followed by a ‘no more questions about his future’!

Would be strange going into a CL Final, knowing you’ve already been sold.

Does this mean we a) have a replacement lined up, b) have just taken an offer and will worry about a replacement later or c) It’s Aurier and KWP next season with £20m in the bank.

He hasn’t been up to scratch this season but I do feel sorry for him as he has been overplayed while carrying an injury

In a way it will be sad to see him go as we have seen him grow over the years into a very decent player and although not the best defensively he’s attacking strengths did see him claim an England spot and put in some outstanding performances for both club and country.

And no matter how bad he has played he has always shown character never gone missing.

In his time here he's been decent but with deficiencies. Unfortunately this season the deficiencies have outweighed the decent by too much of a margin to be overlooked.
It seems he is set to move on this summer and it's probably the right thing, for us and for him. But he will go with my good wishes as I can't fault his attitude towards our club and he has never seemed to shirk his responsibility in owning his mistakes.
I know journalists have to be journalists, but I feel for him having to answer questions about being dropped from the England squad on a night when he is clearly gutted anyway at our defeat. It's unnecessary rubbing of salt into the wound but he handled it well.

I give him props for taking responsibility and acknowledging he has had a difficult season. As others have said, it’s right for all parties that he is moved on. Teams target him and he struggles against anyone half decent and/or with pace and he just stops every time he gets the ball and is one on one against the full back. He never even tries to take them on. This season his attacking player hasn’t papered over the cracks of his inability to defend either.

I do feel that players of a smaller stature have to be at the top of their game physically to overcome the disadvantage this brings, especially in defensive roles. Rose is the more athletic of the two but he also struggles if he’s not 100% for because of the intensity at which he has to play to win his individual battles. Trippier probably knows himself that he would have been dropped for many more games had Aurier been fit or more faith been put in KWP, which also may have prevented him from getting the rest he needed to recover from the groin issues he has mentioned.

He probably overachieved in getting a move here, then replacing Walker as first choice and earning himself a summer of being Englands first choice RB. It’s unfortunate but that summer exertion has probably cost him his place here if it can also be the only reason why he could get a move to another club playing in Europe.

I do respect the fact he has owned his performance levels but I still hope we replace him with a more athletic full back who can give us both an overlap against park the bus teams along with more physicality in defence.

He was great in his first season.

Yes, poor this year, but Poch kept picking him so takes some of the blame for not scheming around the targeting.

Also, doesn’t excuse the mistakes, but our attacking output has been dogbrick this year, the fudge ups hurt more when you are not scoring as many as you should.

Fair play in the interview, only just realised that both goals came down his side as well. Doesn't help but at least he fronts up about it and wish him well wherever he goes.

Fair play in the interview, only just realised that both goals came down his side as well. Doesn't help but at least he fronts up about it and wish him well wherever he goes.

I think there were so many touches and opportunities to influence the ball in both build ups that Tripps is immune to blame for either goal, we misplaced 5 passes in the build up to the penalty and fudged up 3 clearances before the ball got to Origi for the second.

Neither would had mattered had the Fab Four up front pulled their thumbs out of their arse and scored a few goals.

Good interview. I always admire a man that can look in at themselves and be objective about what they see.

A chavy tattoo tw*t?

I dont get the abuse that Grealish and Maddison get for their brick haircuts but we are meant to cut Tripper slack, why? He crap and is just doing the "dawson" thing of coming out to the fans saying he knows it is not good enough. Well I hope I dont have to see that chav in my team next season. The is something about him I just despise, think it is the tattoos to be honest. Never liked the look of the lad, thank GHod he is white so no one can say it is a racist thing.

Maybe it is because he is white, you know how people are ashamed of some parts of the underclass from their own backgrounds. I am from a council estate in London, but Tripper looks like a thug with the tattoos and the hair cut, he speaks like a thicko and as someone who did not really do anything academically I can not have a pop at him for that. But I was never so brick in my jobs that I cost the businesses the amount he has cost us this season.

People having a pop at Sissoko should have a long look at chav 1 and GHod forgive he is here next season unleash a tide of abuse and hatred on the guy the world has never seen before.

A chavy tattoo tw*t?

I dont get the abuse that Grealish and Maddison get for their brick haircuts but we are meant to cut Tripper slack, why? He crap and is just doing the "dawson" thing of coming out to the fans saying he knows it is not good enough. Well I hope I dont have to see that chav in my team next season. The is something about him I just despise, think it is the tattoos to be honest. Never liked the look of the lad, thank GHod he is white so no one can say it is a racist thing.

Maybe it is because he is white, you know how people are ashamed of some parts of the underclass from their own backgrounds. I am from a council estate in London, but Tripper looks like a thug with the tattoos and the hair cut, he speaks like a thicko and as someone who did not really do anything academically I can not have a pop at him for that. But I was never so brick in my jobs that I cost the businesses the amount he has cost us this season.

People having a pop at Sissoko should have a long look at chav 1 and GHod forgive he is here next season unleash a tide of abuse and hatred on the guy the world has never seen before.
What the fudge are you talking about? Honestly, I haven't a clue. How someone looks is not who they are.

My point was that he is not deluded enough to see his own failings over the season.

What the fudge are you talking about? Honestly, I haven't a clue. How someone looks is not who they are.

My point was that he is not deluded enough to see his own failings over the season.

It more often then is though in reality.

He looks thick and he plays thick.

I bet he has a good neck chain and wears pink shorts when he is on holiday this summer, I hate him and want to wee on his chav face.

I bet he has a good neck chain and wears pink shorts when he is on holiday this summer, I hate him and want to wee on his chav face.
Imagine the Kenneth Williams 'ooo Matron' image. I think you're in love with Tripps and want to have like, 10,000 of his babies.

I enjoy your weird posts but you are shallow if that is the way you think.

I enjoy your weird posts but you are shallow if that is the way you think.

Shallower then the deep end of the pool son.

I was delighted when I had an Asian doctor on a recent trip to hospital, the orderly who brought me my tea had tattoos up his arm, all was correct with the universe. The reason he fetches tea is because that is all his little brain can handle hence why he has tattoos. The Asian doctor had a nice hair cut and that was probably because he had the self esteem to sit at home and read medical books and stuff.

I think there were so many touches and opportunities to influence the ball in both build ups that Tripps is immune to blame for either goal, we misplaced 5 passes in the build up to the penalty and fudged up 3 clearances before the ball got to Origi for the second.

Neither would had mattered had the Fab Four up front pulled their thumbs out of their arse and scored a few goals.

This. I've never been so worked up within 10 seconds of the kickoff I was screaming to trap the ball and keep it on the floor. Needless fudging head-tennis.

Back