• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

When is Aurier supposed to be back? He's been shambolic for the most part this season.

Not sure Aurier is much better defensively. Trippier was standing off Sterling as he didn't want to get turned. But should have done more to close him down. As ineffective as Trippier was, what we needed was cover - someone to help Trippier. It would normally be Sissoko but presume he was dragged into the middle by city's movement.

Not sure Aurier is much better defensively. Trippier was standing off Sterling as he didn't want to get turned. But should have done more to close him down. As ineffective as Trippier was, what we needed was cover - someone to help Trippier. It would normally be Sissoko but presume he was dragged into the middle by city's movement.

What annoys me most about Trippier is his effort to recover when he does get beaten. Maybe it’s my imagination but he just ambles back when he gets his pants pulled down.

What annoys me most about Trippier is his effort to recover when he does get beaten. Maybe it’s my imagination but he just ambles back when he gets his pants pulled down.

Agree. Maybe it was the hands behind the back thing. But he lacks intensity. Others throw themselves in front of the ball, Trippier watches it fly past him. In this regard Aurier is better. Almost the opposit he's headless flying about conceeding pens. At least Trippier is steady. We know he needs back up.

Rose has been outstanding though.

He was clearly setting himself up to assist the winner (?) ;), obviously there were a lot of issues in terms of our play but I don't think laying in to Trippier now is called for, you hope the manager will address the problem moments but let's enjoy getting through for the here and now maybe?

In fairness to him, he did ok when he had cover. For the first part of the game, our team was too narrow and City just killed us in the wide areas. When we went more to a four across midfield (which ended up a 6 by the end), he did better imo.

But yeah, RB is the weakest part of our first XI.

Agree. Maybe it was the hands behind the back thing. But he lacks intensity. Others throw themselves in front of the ball, Trippier watches it fly past him. In this regard Aurier is better. Almost the opposit he's headless flying about conceeding pens. At least Trippier is steady. We know he needs back up.

Rose has been outstanding though.
He lacks something and could learn from Rose. Like urgency to recover, or a bit of bite in the tackle. Aurier scares the life out of me . Trippier I suppose is lesser of two evils.

We need a RB in the Summer

He was clearly setting himself up to assist the winner (?) ;), obviously there were a lot of issues in terms of our play but I don't think laying in to Trippier now is called for, you hope the manager will address the problem moments but let's enjoy getting through for the here and now maybe?
100% I’m enjoying it . But he’s looks lost at the moment. Big run in coming

He lacks something and could learn from Rose. Like urgency to recover, or a bit of bite in the tackle. Aurier scares the life out of me . Trippier I suppose is lesser of two evils.

We need a RB in the Summer
It's awareness. He is a bit of a ball watcher and seems oblivious to the runs off him. This can be coached but I'm not sure any coaching would take this late in his career. Poch needs to bench him IMO. Anything else now would be compounding the error.

In my opinion, I think now is the best time to get into it while everything is still fresh. I know we're all ecstatic but now that I've calmed down a bit, I'm still unable to stop thinking about the game. We're basically playing the same match-up again in a matter of days. I'll go nuts if we win that game though :)

In terms of Trippier, he was a bit suspect at times tonight but I personally don't think he was the weakest link. He really couldn't cope with Sterling but it seems that not very many players can at the moment. As was already mentioned earlier, Sissoko wasn't covering as much on the flank as I guess that was Eriksen's job.

Is it wrong of me to think that Toby could have done better for their first goal? He seemed to move his head out of the way of the shot.

Sterling was on the left flank all by himself waiting for the pass from De Bruyne. I don't know what Trippier was thinking leaving him wide open like that, but I guess some would just argue he wasn't thinking at all. If that fundamental error had not occurred, who knows how the game would've gone.

Is it wrong of me to think that Toby could have done better for their first goal? He seemed to move his head out of the way of the shot.

It did look a bit like that. But was he trying to avoid diverting it towards goal? Or had Lloris called it? It’s not like Toby to duck out.

He did, but my take was he was instinctively trying to avoid deflecting the shot away from Lloris to give his keeper a better chance of saving.

Back