1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Trippier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DublinSpur, 19 Jun 2015.

1. MKSpur

MKSpur Ramon Vega

Prefer to see him when Toby is back at RCB, will be a fairer test for him than having a young CB beside him. Aurier has shown some shoots of recovery this season, probably won’t get a better chance to stake his claim in the next few matches...

2. MKSpur

MKSpur Ramon Vega

The Man City error was still fresh too which adds to the frustration.

To be fair he’s worked really hard to become first choice and get in the England first team, he’ll probably get a little rest now and the test of his character will be whether he knuckles down and ups his defensive focus or angle for a move based on his world cup stock.

Spur of the moment likes this.
  3. Bullet

Bullet Paul Robinson

Except against West Ham last week.

I'm surprised at the level of anger directed at Trippier.
    He's supposedly "the pro's pro" i.e. mature, trains hard, takes it seriously.
    Against Spam he helped assist the first goal, he assisted the second goal, he was heavily involved in their 2 goals but did not give away the penalties.

4. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Ilie Dumitrescu

Didn't see that game but on Sky Sports it shows him at left back. Not right to judge a young player on their wrong side. Kyle Naughton was a decent right back but he very rarely played there, he was always playing left back and hence everyone thought he was a bit brick. Think we sent his career a bit off the rails to be honest. He would have done better moving earlier.

MKSpur likes this.
  5. MKSpur

MKSpur Ramon Vega

KWP played right back against Spam and Aurier played left back. Antonio bullied him physically (illegally a couple for items imo and maybe a couple of other players on the night) and it did stand out but he wasn’t awful in terms of his decision making. Naughton might be a decent comparison actually, I think he was initially higher rated than Walker and is still a better technical but just doesn’t have the physical tools that can get you out of trouble in one on ones / when you are slightly out of position / have made a mistake. kWP could do with growing a bit but maybe a season long loan will also help as he’s not going to experience coming up against a brute like Antonio in training.

6. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Andy Thompson Staff Member

On the money. We are getting our water from the same well

The wage demands of some potential outgoers last season cannot be over-estimated as major factors. As for the re-energizing, he wanted to do that since last January as I heard it and had earmarked areas to target...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

7. Legohamster

Legohamster Gerry Armstrong

I seem to recall Liverpool took the tinkle down the right?

8. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Dean Richards

Imo against Wolves, Trippier allowed his Man City error to get to him, to the extent he felt the need to show he CAN be clever. Except of course it backfired big time.

How he must dread playing against City, its always their tricky, pacy attackers that tear him apart the most.They know exactly how to play upon his biggest weakness.

But when things have gone wrong for Trips in the past he has shown great resilience and application so he will no doubt come back stronger from this. So long as he never has to play against City again!

Doubt KWP is yet ready to step up but the word is Serge Aurier will be back for tonight's CL game vs PSV.

MKSpur likes this.
  9. metalgear

metalgear Steffen Iversen

He will never be a very good defender I'm afraid. Came into the lime light when attacking backs were in vogue, but is being found out now. I expect more mistakes from him. Good going forward though, so depending on who we play could be an asset or a liability.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

10. 90291Spur

90291Spur Alf Ramsey

Tipps has become the ninth Spurs player who played in the World Cup to succumb to a muscle injury this season. Coinky-dink? Methinks not.

11. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Chris Perry

I was actually pleased with Aurier saturday, I thought he did well.

Up until then Trippier wasnt really impressing, though it was early so probably not fair to judge.

Im fairly convinced at this point he is a wing back more than a full back. When we are playing fodder and can reasonably expect to dominate, his forward play is welcome. Against anyone likely to come up against us more, not for me.

12. Legohamster

he’s just pulled out England squad

BrainOfLevy likes this.
  13. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Pedro Mendes

He’s proved this season that my suspicions were correct. He can’t defend. He’s great at attacking play, and as you said is a very good wingback, but his defending has been awful this season. Made big mistake against City for their goal, and then tried to be too clever against Wolves which cost us a goal. He would be a better right midfielder than defender. I’d much rather play Aurier against Chelsea. But fear that whoever plays for us will have a very hard time up against Hazard.

14. 90291Spur

90291Spur Alf Ramsey

It was great to have him as an attacking threat. But why Poch left him on for so long baffles me. Especially on that shlte pitch.

15. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Alan Hutton

The Bury Beckham needs to get back to basics.. His crossing against Southampton was really poor.

16. 90291Spur

90291Spur Alf Ramsey

FIFY

17. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Mauricio Taricco

Was it a bad injury/recurrence or just a knock/precaution?

18. Legohamster

I don’t think anyone is claiming he’s isn’t a good solid pro - he wouldn’t still be at Spurs.

Do the assists make up for the errors he’s made this season?

He’s been poor this season, he’s got away with a few as well - V Brighton/Liverpool

Just would have like Serge to be given a run.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  19. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Sergei Rebrov

Poch said he's got a pelvic injury from the Croatia semi final, which requires ongoing management. I'm getting to the point where I prefer seeing Trippier play league games and Aurier play Champions League/Europa/Cup games. Don't know why but that rules seems to suit their respective games.

20. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Luka Modric

I'd change that to league games against teams ranked in the table 7th or lower. He struggles against anyone half decent and/or with pace.