1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Trippier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DublinSpur, 19 Jun 2015.

1. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Andy Thompson Staff Member

The first pen/mistake? Ludicrous, especially from a seasoned pro. The second pen/mistake? On him too for my money; where on Earth had he gone that Foyth had to cover. You have a teenager making his debut, you already handed him a plate of brick and then you abandon your role as a team leader/vet and desert your position when a calm, steady 10 mins was needed? The fool.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

2. galeforce

galeforce George Hunt

Winks gets a slice of blame pie on the second for me.

monkeybarry, StephenH, Bullet and 3 others like this.
  3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Alf Ramsey

4. the dza

the dza Pedro Mendes

I think, assuming Poch will be our manager and hasn't left, come the summer you will see him be completely ruthless with this group of players. I reckon 2 or 3 additions to the first XI and maybe 1 or 2 more for the squad, with 2 or 3 out of the first team and sold and a few squad players sold as well. He's given them all ample opportunity to step-up and get us to the next level.

5. johnola

johnola Naybet

Lost some faith in him tonight. The performance of a mug.

When a young centre back is making a debut you take responsibility, you don’t lose your brick.

6. 90291Spur

90291Spur Alf Ramsey

Whom knows whether all the ‘Bury Beckham’ World Cup hero guff has gone to his head. He’s made the sort of mistakes he made when he first got here this season.

7. Legohamster

Legohamster Gerry Armstrong

Then when we are hanging on he continues to push forward?

thfcsteff likes this.
  8. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Dean Austin

That was his plan the summer just gone.

It's the right plan....many hurdles to get it executed though

thfcsteff likes this.
  9. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Neil Ruddock

How the hell we are fourth is beyond me... there hasn't been a single game I can recollect where I have felt the win was safe or in which we were dominant and incisive. Ironically except today at around the 65 minute!

Having said that, grinding out wins is the mark of a good team.

The way the season is going, we either start to click after Christmas or else our luck runs out and...

DeanoAustin and mephitis like this.
  10. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Dean Richards

Ghod what a sea of misery this place is. Did we or did we not just win away from home?

Anyone would think we've gone right back to the notorious nineties.

Get a grip you lot !

Robbo, papaspur, MKSpur and 2 others like this.
  11. StephenH

StephenH Jimmy McCormick

This!

12. MKSpur

MKSpur Ramon Vega

Man united last 5 mins?!

Anyways

B50C3A06-AF4C-4FE9-AE80-02D61F76BE90.jpeg

13. the dza

the dza Pedro Mendes

You are probably right. I can't see us being inactive in two consecutive summer windows though.

14. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Mauricio Taricco

Ha remembered this just the other day! Think we e definitely learnt how to do that this season.

15. harr1984

harr1984 Alf Ramsey

Not sure Jenas meant do it every week though:D

Gazza Dazzla likes this.
  16. AdamB

AdamB Les Ferdinand

I agree with the amazement that we're 4th considering it doesnt feel that we've played well at all so far.

However you need to remember that we've been away in 7 of our 11 league games so far (will be 8 out of 12 this time next week), and its not that often that you go to someone else's place and dominate. Plus out of our 4 home games, 2 have been against Liverpool and Man C so hardly games which we could expect to dominate.

The upside is that we have many more home games left and I can believe that its unsettling for the players as well as Poch not knowing where we'll be playing. I think that will reverse when we finally do move.

If we can get some of our big players, specifically Vertonghen, Dele and Eriksen, back fit an on-form, somehow muddle through til Jan when we move into the new stadium and ideally sign a CM in the window then it could turn out to be a very good season. I hope that if we dont get through the CL Group that Poch rotates players in the EL (ie leaving 5-6 first choice players out of hte match day squad completely for each game) so that we maximise our chances in the league. Top 6 is looks competitive this year

17. Cochise

Cochise Dean Richards

He did actually have a decent performance, but that was a massive fudgeup which in the end saw our defence start to crumble.

18. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Chris Perry

I dont think he helped much when things went wrong either, he seemed to lose his head and composure as much as any - and really I think this continued to effect Foyth. Trippier really did a number on him last night.

I just said in the match thread, he isnt a RB. RWB - absolutely, possibly even RM, but not RB. Bring Aurier in and give him a run. He has, IMO, potential to be a far superior RB and needs a chance to prove it.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  19. parklane1

parklane1 Dimitar Berbatov

My thoughts as well, he is not bad going forward but he has never given me confidence as a defender. I would rather we gave Serge a run of games.

20. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Tom Huddlestone

Considering our current midfield injuries trippier may have a role to play
    I can see us going 3 at the back and using Foyth, Sanchez and Toby.
    If so then it’s trippier on the right for me and ideally a fit rose left but he doesnt appear to anywhere near fit again
    You could then play winks in the midfield role with Dele and Eriksen and Lamela and Kane up top