• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Walker played only for his pace.

If England had a pacey CB, someone like our Sanchez, Walker wouldnt be in the first 11.

If Joe Gomez was fit, he might take the right-sided centre-half position.

As for Trippier, I'd like us to go 3 at the back anyway, but I think it especially suits our fullbacks and footballing centre-halves (Vert and Toby, maybe Foyth). I also think Dele and Eriksen find better spaces in the setup. IMO, our best team right now would be:

----------------lloris
-------toby---sanchez---vert
trippier------wanyama--------davies
----------eriksen-----dele
-----------------son
----------------kane

i think if we want to get the best out of Trippier we have to play 3 at the back, he is dodgy in a back four because of his defending against good players. I think the way Southgate has used him shows just how good he is and what he brings to the team.

tenor.gif

Hugo was the best keeper there IMO

I don’t disagree with that at all but in that case he should win the Golden Glove. Or alternatively the team of the tournament should have Courtois in goal as the Golden Glove winner.

Edit - just seen that is not the real team. Which makes more sense.

Pickford was as good if not better imo. For such a young keeper on his first world cup he was pretty much impeccable. What did Hugo to that was so special anyway. He didn't hAve much to do in the run to the final

He made the best save of the tournament in the quarter final IIRC

Pickford, Courtois,, the South Korean lad? Not sure they had a ricket like Lloris, maybe Courtois in an early game?

No but his rick didn’t cost them the game but his saves at improtant times kept them in games

Courtois made a mistake in the last 16 game didn’t he? He got beat from stupid distances against Japan

Pickford didn’t make any mistake but let in more goals I think thatn Hugo

Korean lad was excellent I’d agree and you could argue for the Crotia keeper too

Back