1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Trippier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by DublinSpur, 19 Jun 2015.

1. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs John Lacy

It definitely is when compared to what we have had to put up with over the last few years

2. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Plus Neymer, Ronaldo and Messi for the $s

3. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Kevin-Prince Boateng

I could just about understand it if Ronaldo got in, as he dragged Portugal through the group stage, but Messi and Neymar should not be any where near it.

Messi should get the award for the "Fewest shots by a world class forward" and Neymar for "Most ludicrous play acting clam"

4. Robbo

Robbo Edgar Davids

Hope the injury isn't too bad, and that the disappointment won't sit for too long. There's no reason for Trippier to be anything but proud of whst he has done this WC. One of - if not the best performer for England.

And he has now joined Bobby Charlton and Gary Lineker on the very short list of England players who have scored in a WC semi final.

5. DeleHarry

DeleHarry Jose Dominguez

6. the genre spanner

the genre spanner Darren Caskey

Was awesome again, I was elated when he scored (which was an absolute belter of a free kick) & I felt gutted for him sat on the bench towards the end, he looked devastated.

His stock has risen hugely throughout the tournament - interesting that I'm sure previously many had him down as one of the potential areas for "upgrade" in our starting 11.

Unless Levy has been building a cheeky time machine and we can pick up Cafu in his prime I'm not sure who we could get that would be an upgrade.

Robbo, MKSpur, NaijaSpurs and 2 others like this.
  7. Cochise

Cochise Dean Richards

I don't think many thought he should've been upgraded upon, although I had at times been underwhelmed by his performances towards the end of the season. His deliveries had gone down hill these last couple of months, but this tournament has seen them and him get much much better. Maybe it's due to the confidence shown in him by the coach, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him fighting with Eriksen for set piece duties next season.

I'd certainly have him on corners from now on, given Eriksen and Lamela hit the first man more often than not.

Jurgen the German and NaijaSpurs like this.
  8. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

It just looked like a groin strain. So nothing that won't be fixed by the end of his holiday

Robbo likes this.
  9. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs John Lacy

He has to become one of our main set piece takers from now on, Poch take note

10. eddy

eddy Fraizer Campbell

He'll be OK. Stand out man of the England boys.

Robbo and galeforce like this.
  11. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Michael Carrick

12. milo

milo Vic Buckingham Staff Member

I think that he has benefited from having three central defenders behind him, giving him licence to get forward more.

He's certainly given Poch some things to think about. A great problem to have.

MKSpur likes this.
  13. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Pat van den Hauwe

14. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Dean Richards

Genuine question for Poch: how come it's taken England to show us how Kieran can bend it like Beckham? He's been nothing short of a revelation with his world-class set-pieces.

harr1984 likes this.
  15. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Paul Robinson

We set up very much like England at the beginning of the season, Alderweirelds injury (combined with Dembele/Wanyama) seemed to kill our ability to do it - so I dont think this is something Poch needs to think about, if anything he was already there.

Id say the like of Kane, Alli, Eriksen (particularly) have some sort of "seniority" when it comes to dead balls. I certainly hope that changes now Trippier has stepped up for England - he should be big enough to grab the ball for himself now.

16. spurs' magna carter

spurs' magna carter Ramon Vega

Christian Eriksen.

Was one of our best players at this World Cup, and showed just how good he is. His goal will live long in the memory and rightly loved by the whole country.

17. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Dean Richards

This tournament showed that Trippier is at least the equal of Eriksen at set pieces and at corners in particular probably better.

Last edited: 12 Jul 2018
  18. milo

milo Vic Buckingham Staff Member

I think it does give him something to think about. Switching back to three at the back means dropping one of the three behind the striker. This is probably less of a problem at the beginning of the season where Son could lead the line with Eriksen and one of Moura and Lamela alongside, to give some of our WC players a rest but it does mean that when we are at full strength we will have Son, Lamela and Moura sitting it out (unless Eriksen or Dele drop back into midfield).

19. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Paul Robinson

Well I anticipate Dele/Eriksen dropping back regardless, I think they have each shown real value there. And with Demebele likely on the out it makes sense.

Not sure what that has to do with Trippier though, who started last season as a RWB in a 352 - clearly not something new for Poch to consider.

20. MKSpur

MKSpur Gheorge Popescu

Remember Dier scored one for England too?!

The other advantage of Trippier taking corners will be the goal threat of Eriksen lurking at the edge of the box and offering a goal threat from the second ball.

stinkfoot, glasgowspur, Robbo and 2 others like this.