• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Tripper

Bizarrely this signing seems imminent but nobody seems to want to talk about it. Looks a no risk signing, I'd be looking for pre-season to determine if Yedlin should hit the loan trail or hang out.

Never paid much attention to him but apparently a fantastic right back.

Tottenham are close to signing Kieran Trippier from Burnley, according to Sky sources.

It is understood Spurs have agreed a deal with the newly-relegated Clarets, with the usual formalities of a medical and the final agreement of personal terms all that is left to conclude.

Yeah we really need young fast up and coming right backs. We only have three at the moment. So yeah! lets add another!

Walker
Yedlin
Fredericks
Trippier

I just found out two interesting things about Trippier.

1. He crossed the ball more than anyone else in Europe last season
2. He made more interceptions than anyone else in the Premier League

One minor point is that he made the most misplaced passes of anyone in the PL. Not so good with those crosses me thinks.

Yeah we really need young fast up and coming right backs. We only have three at the moment. So yeah! lets add another!

Walker
Yedlin
Fredericks
Trippier

Which of those do you think are ready for the first team?

I think this would be a smart move, if not the most exciting of transfers.

Yedlin/Fredricks both not ready to play back up to Walker, who missed 60% of last season, and should either realize their potential over the next couple of seasons Trippier can be moved on for a reasonable profit (Or could Walker if his injuries persist)

I think this would be a smart move, if not the most exciting of transfers.

Yedlin/Fredricks both not ready to play back up to Walker, who missed 60% of last season, and should either realize their potential over the next couple of seasons Trippier can be moved on for a reasonable profit (Or could Walker if his injuries persist)

I agree. I think that it is a similar signing to the Davies one last summer, a solid back up and reasonable price.

The misplaced passes thing could be down to the fact that Burnley liked the long ball from deep and he played most of them. He also took free kicks and corners. Plus as a defensive side they cleared the ball a hell of a lot more than other teams.

The kid is pacey. Has an engine on him. And is 24 and not pricey in this market. Home grown. Has a season of experience against the top flight. Burnley as a defensive unit played well against a lot of top sides.

May well turn out to be a decent signing.

Yedlin was bought to play right side midfield imo.

I doubt it, we don't play with one.

By all accounts he would benefit from going on loan to a lower level Premier League side where he can get games under his belt and some experience

This years Davies? If Walker can remain fit, the signing should spur Walker on. If he can't stay fit, we have a solid right back still. With Tripper our back 4 feels stronger. Last season there were so many changes - Walker, Chiriches, Dier all playing right back. Now we will have 2 dedicated first team right backs battling it out.

In theory it should help to galvanise the defence. Who plays at CB? That's the interesting question. Wimmer, Verts, Dier, Fazio?

Last edited:
I doubt it, we don't play with one.

By all accounts he would benefit from going on loan to a lower level Premier League side where he can get games under his belt and some experience

He will play on the right ( or left in the mixed up world of MP) of the three, Klinsman practically said as much when we bought him, the whole structure of our purchases is baffling.

I don't think this signing - if it happens - automatically means Walker's crooked. It's the same as last summer. When Rose was out we were weakened at the back and lost points (and there were questions over Rose's performances). This season pretty much the same applies with Walker.

Whenever a player has been out, especially younger players, it takes competitive games to get confidence and sharpness back. This applies to Walker and Davies. Playing regularly helps so much. You lose your rhythm and have to get that back quickly. A few slips and you're questioning yourself, fans get on your back etc.

I can see Walker doing what Rose did this season if he stays fit.

Walker's poor performances when fit are just as worrying.
Mostly down to his lack of match fitness I think, if we get Walker a full pre season he will be like a new signing, unfortunately aim not sure his body will stand up to it anymore.

I'm excited by this signing. I thought that he was one of Burnley's best players last season. He gets forward, delivers crosses, but can also defend.

We've signed him for a bargain price. I think he's our new right back. Walker hasn't delivered a high level performance for some time now. I think a lot of that is down to a mixture of poor concentration & injuries, but fear that we may never see Walker back to a high level again.

And, from what I know, Trippier concedes less stupid free kicks than Walker, so that's a plus too.

Back