• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

2r55noi.jpg

He just went shopping.

Well worth a watch from about eleven minutes in. Some Twitch streamer who plays competitive FIFA for a living was at the build-up to the MLS All-Stars game, and met Rose, Wimmer and Counthirst. The guy subsequently challenged Wimmer to a game, and could then only watch in horror as our new CB coolly went on to win 4-2. Suffice it to say, Wimmer's very good at FIFA, at least. :)

Highlights:

- Wimmer beating that streamer's United team with Spurs, before calmly explaining that it was because he 'had the better team'.
- Wimmer's amusingly thick Austrian accent
- Wimmer's reply when asked what he would do if he scored a goal in real life: he explained that he'd run over to our fans to celebrate with them, and went on to a) score a goal in game, and b) celebrate by running the scorer (Kane) over to our 'virtual' fans
- A passage of play around 34 minutes in: the streamer guy is attacking with his United team, and Wimmer's struggling to keep him out. Hugo enters the room behind him and watches him for a bit: the streamer breaks through Wimmer's defense with Ashley Young and fires a shot away, only for in-game Lloris to save at close range. Without missing a beat, Wimmer turns to Lloris standing behind and him and says 'it's because I have the best goalkeeper', to which Lloris chuckles. At the action replay, Wimmer turns again to Lloris, and exclaims 'Very nice, Captain!'. Genuinely lovable, in a manly sort of way. :p

I struggled to get past this line.... I mean WTF is the World coming to?!?

I'll add that it's a very lucrative living as well: lucrative enough to allow him to raise close to $150,000 for a range of charities just by soliciting donations from his (on average) 20,000 viewers per video.

Turns out, people really enjoy watching other people play video games. :p

Well worth a watch from about eleven minutes in. Some Twitch streamer who plays competitive FIFA for a living was at the build-up to the MLS All-Stars game, and met Rose, Wimmer and Counthirst. The guy subsequently challenged Wimmer to a game, and could then only watch in horror as our new CB coolly went on to win 4-2. Suffice it to say, Wimmer's very good at FIFA, at least. :)

Highlights:

- Wimmer beating that streamer's United team with Spurs, before calmly explaining that it was because he 'had the better team'.
- Wimmer's amusingly thick Austrian accent
- Wimmer's reply when asked what he would do if he scored a goal in real life: he explained that he'd run over to our fans to celebrate with them, and went on to a) score a goal in game, and b) celebrate by running the scorer (Kane) over to our 'virtual' fans
- A passage of play around 34 minutes in: the streamer guy is attacking with his United team, and Wimmer's struggling to keep him out. Hugo enters the room behind him and watches him for a bit: the streamer breaks through Wimmer's defense with Ashley Young and fires a shot away, only for in-game Lloris to save at close range. Without missing a beat, Wimmer turns to Lloris standing behind and him and says 'it's because I have the best goalkeeper', to which Lloris chuckles. At the action replay, Wimmer turns again to Lloris, and exclaims 'Very nice, Captain!'. Genuinely lovable, in a manly sort of way. :p
Wimmer sounds like Arnie, unsurprisingly I suppose.

Unfortunately it means more and more people aspire to make it doing this sort of thing than anything else. I think it was the Radio 2 big read event a couple of months back where they said a lot of stories submitted by kids in the 8-11 age brackets were about them creating something on youtube, getting famous and living off it. That coupled with the money handed out to utter bellends on reality shows like TOWIE and Geordie Shore doesn't make the future of the human race look so bright.

Also, when Wimmer is picking his team in that stream he says "No Shaq?" Expecting to be able to put him on the bench. Either he rates him as a player or he is 1 of the lads

Unfortunately it means more and more people aspire to make it doing this sort of thing than anything else. I think it was the Radio 2 big read event a couple of months back where they said a lot of stories submitted by kids in the 8-11 age brackets were about them creating something on youtube, getting famous and living off it. That coupled with the money handed out to utter bellends on reality shows like TOWIE and Geordie Shore doesn't make the future of the human race look so bright.

So,not a lot different to kids wanting to rock stars or actors then? Although I guess there is less Heroin in video gaming

So,not a lot different to kids wanting to rock stars or actors then? Although I guess there is less Heroin in video gaming
A lot of serious caffeine addicts though!

Personally I'm always impressed by people who manage to make a good living out of something they love doing (within reason). Whether that be kicking a football, singing songs or playing video games... fair play!

I also think computer games (and the people who play them) are still unjustifiably maligned by a lot of people. But that's a whole 'nother debate.

A lot of serious caffeine addicts though!

Personally I'm always impressed by people who manage to make a good living out of something they love doing (within reason). Whether that be kicking a football, singing songs or playing video games... fair play!

I also think computer games (and the people who play them) are still unjustifiably maligned by a lot of people. But that's a whole 'nother debate.

The amount of work they have to do behind the scenes as a professional youtuber/twitch streamer is ridiculous. I would not be able to deal with that amount of public scrutiny/abuse while working solitary 70 hour plus weeks all the while knowing your 'career' could go down the pan any moment.

I'm not bashing computer game players, I'm one of them. I have watched plenty of gamers on twitch, though more for pointers than anything else.

My argument is more with the fact that some of these people make more than Surgeon's and in my opinion it's wrong. I'd prefer to see kids aspiring to be doctors etc instead of reality stars/celebrities, but we don't celebrate those people.
Then again my argument falls flat on its face when I consider the fact that I'm posting on a football forum, celebrating a bunch of men kicking about a ball.

The towie people allegedly only get £75 per show, so i have been told by someone who knows, but you are right they are utter bellends.

Back