• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Not very impressed with this signing. We need more experienced players in the team. Not more youths.

Defence is probably the one area where we have experience, it's further forward on the pitch we need it. I think Verts/Fazio will be our main pairing next season, and as such, signing a young understudy at a low cost sounds like a reasonable (and very Levy) thing to do!

I hope he is the player that can transform our woeful defence. 53 league goals conceded this season, one of the relegated sides conceded less!
Hope this is the first of many great Paul Mitchell scouted players.

I hope he is the player that can transform our woeful defence. 53 league goals conceded this season, one of the relegated sides conceded less!
Hope this is the first of many great Paul Mitchell scouted players.

Mitchell doesn't scout. He analyses data.

I could see Wimmer becoming first choice with Verts in time. Not sure where it leaves Dier. Maybe at right back?

As people know, he wasn't my first choice defender that I wanted us to sign. I think he's decent but he still needs to work on his game.

What the Köln guy says echoes what I thought, that Wimmer doesn't look a naturally gifted player, certainly not a 'cultured' centre half.

Agreed, thought it was quite similar to your evaluation. Though perhaps he's a bit more positive about Wimmer's defensive abilities and how ready he is for the PL than you have been?

It sounds to me as though he may have started to grow accustomed to some actual defensive coaching, though, reading between the lines. In for a bit of a culture shock?

So we are saying that statistically speaking, Wimmer is the right player to play at CB for us??

Back